Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Oculus Dekstop: disable headtracking into games

I use Oculus Desktop to run app and play games.
    In FPS games like Ghost Recon Wildlands or ARMA 3 I would like to disable the headtracking function if not games are not playable!
    Bigscreen works like a charm but would not launch another app instead the Oculus Desktopone.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minimal/Developer Mode

The Home area is pretty cool until you are trying to do some work or frequently exiting a game/app.

When trying to work with Unreal for testing quick things every time I exit I get the home loading up sounds and animations. This gets real annoying when you are frequently testing and closing the test window.

Also in games like Assetto Corsa where you have to go back to desktop to select another car loading up home every time is a real pain. Not to mention it probably can use up memory for the track the game is using to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to go directly to library at startup

99.9% of the time this is why I open the app. There's no reason to require an extra click to get there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The desktop app is too big in size

The default size is a lot bigger than before. Whenever I open the app, the vertical length is maximised to cover the entire screen (1440x900). I can resize it to roughly the same as the 1.20 Oculus app, but it doesn't retain the size upon restarting the app.

Please make the app remember the last set size, and/or scale the default to the resolution of the screen (or just use the previous size).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Greek (and other languages) keyboard

I have english and greek keyboard in windows. I can only use and write in english. I cannot change keyboard language. Please fix it so we can change keyobaord langauges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mouse click inaccurate/unusable in Desktop app

When using desktop anywhere inside oculus, my mouse click is extremely inaccurate (most of the times the clicks happen a few inches high and to the left of where I'm pointing), making clicking on anything almost impossible. How can I fix this?

Running Windows 10, ryzen 7 1700 and NVidia gtx 1070ti. Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the Dead & Buried "Colocation" feature from Oculus Connect 5 a native part of the Rift's SDK

At OC5, the Dead and Buried demo had a feature that allowed spectators to watch the game using the AR feature on a tablet.

Others have demonstrated that this is also possible with headsets which don't use SLAM-based inside-out tracking: https://owlchemylabs.com/owlchemy-mobile-spectator-ar-spectator-camera/

Making this feature a native part of the Rift's SDK would make it way easier to show Rift experiences to friends on social media, and could even be incorporated into games to allow asymmetric multiplayer experiences (where players use their phones to interact with a person in VR).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add setting to Deactivate oculus rift 2.0 function on Xbox controller in order to play non VR games on PC such as fifa

While lunching fifa (nonVR game) on oculus rift beta 2.0, the xbox controller buttoms functioning as touch controller, LT zooming the screen, RT opening another screen and so on. Therefore, if you can add an option on Oculus rift setting to deactivate these function on XBOX 1 game bad will be great in order to enjoy the game using the screen on Oculus rift. Also if we you add an option to remove the pointer on the screen that moves according to head's movement as it bothers while playing the game and it does function as pointer on game selections.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop putting the console where my touch controllers are or

Let us move it to where they are when we finally pick them up after putting on the headset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A hardware link box with built in super-sampling

I noticed Pimax is developing their HMD with built-in SS. I was thinking if a device like the HTC link-box could be developed that had this ability it would sell like mad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the home area so that...

1. It's not impossible to get back to your game. 2. You can automatically reposition/recalibrate the home area and virtual console to your position in the play area.

Also, just to add more features to the whole experience, make it so we can see a clock or watch or time while in any game somewhere based on some universal gesture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Access to source 3D assets of existing environments/cosmetics?

Having access to the source materials and textures used in the stock environments would allow easier creation of custom imported objects that blend seamlessly with the existing floors, walls, etc of the scene. For example: False walls, doorways, broken pillars, protruding deformations on existing walls, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the user library to the Store

The Core 2.0 Store is awesome compared to classic Home (Core 1.0). Bigger pictures make items easier to see and look more attractive. But why not add the user library to the Store?
    Basically all items in the library are coming from Store - and then users didn't have to pull out Dash to access their library.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it possible to start directly in Store instead of Home

Normally I use Store and my apps - only. Having to always load a giant ship and scenic view of the Mediterranean Sea feels like overkill and annoying when I just want to go to the Store.

Why not add a switch to Dash allowing users to decide if Home or Store should be loaded as default, when putting on the HMD or when exiting a game or app?

Also the new Store is awesome, and has a simplistic design like classic Home (Core 1.0), thus users missing classic Home may enjoy to have the new Store set as default…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have an indicator when holding the Home button

My GF picked up the rift after I enabled the delay on the Home button. She was, however, very confused that the Home button "didn't work". I wasn't home to explain the change, and she assumed that the Dash was broken.

Perhaps use the capacitive button to show a small blip over that controller, then when pressed have "hold to open dash" or even just a little "clock" that counts down visually

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4:3 CRT Monitor

Is there any chance of getting a more traditional 4:3 crt monitor? Like, a generic one from the 90's. I think it could make playing old PC games in the home a lot more immersive. There is the "retro monitor" now, but that one feels closer to maybe a c64 and not what I would want to play say...Doom, Deus Ex, Quake, etc on. Something about the shape of the current one feels a bit off, and the Retro TV is a different aspect ratio =\

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PLEASE stop Store autoloading inside headset

PLEASE stop Store and other dash screens autoloading inside headset.
    Whenever I put the headset on, Home starts loading, but then also the STORE and other Dash screens load. Can you please allow a setting that just loads the Home without the Dash screens.
    I am trying to setup VR demo's at a sales event using Home as starting point. Now I have to constantly click away the Store screens using the touch controller whenever a participant puts on the headset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. display problem in Home

Oculus tech support is working on this, but they suggested I also post it here.About as month ago when in Home (beta), the left Touch controller permanently displayed the hovering "press the menu button to open tray" message. This did not go away and was very distracting. I contacted tech support, who had me reboot, then log out of Oculus and log back in, then switch Touch batteries, and finally do a reinstall/repair of the Oculus drivers. This last suggestion fixed the issue. But a few days ago, the issue returned, and the repair thing does not fix it. A…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Oh also if you could grab Arrows after they stick in things that would be neat

I keep shooting arrows around in my house and although they disappear eventually, it would be cool if I could grab them and dislodge them from what they are stuck in

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base