Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Fix issues between Core 2.0 and Microsoft's Magnifier tool

I have found that the Magnifier tool does not register the correct desktop resolution while the Oculus software is running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggleable rotation indicator overlay

The rotation indicator on the floor of Racket NX helps to keep the cable from becoming a tangled up mess. I'd like to have something similar to use in other games with a lot of 360 action.

Considering OpenVR advanced settings shows rotation statistics as well, I was wondering if it is possible to add a simple toggleable and/or transparent rotation 'counter' overlay. Maybe as part of Guardians floor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fireworks and Pyro effects

Soon it's New Years eve and we do not have any "pyro" effects!

We need some night theme and a possible to build or rig your custom firework show to blast off!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Classic Terminal

We need an old classic Terminal emulator, like a VT220 or VT100

That is possible to use, with a possibility to connect to the outside world servers via Telnet to specific IP addresses or DNS names.

Then you or the community could setup different chat services, mail and other fun services! With plain basic ASCII.

That would be seriously fun! (But kinda Neardy i guess..)

/J

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VR friend-friend calling (phone call)

-First set VR guest armchair in your home environment
    -If friend calls you -they materialize into your Home chair
    -If you call your friend, you appear in their guest chair in their Home
    -locomotion-wise, this will be static but you can look around at your friend's "Home"
    -(the guest chair could be a designated seat on a sofa or an armchair)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Different configurations for different games / apps and within app scenes

Configure generic window positions specific to a game or app, and drag and drop windows from the desktop into position. For example, in Elite: Dangerous, you could pre-position windows in your cockpit for streaming video or external tools, and just drop a source in -- or even better, remember the source and automatically try to restore it -- so that you don't have to fiddle with positioning every time.

Similarly, allow the game / app to control which configuration is in use at any particular time. Again, using Elite as an example, you might have different configurations for different ship…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Recent Players grouped with to invite them later

Disconnected from a co-op game and want to regroup with your team? Check your recent players list. A lot of VR games are unstable and tend to run into this sort of problem often.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. make dash a little less sensitive or slightly furthur away

Not a huge issue but is annoying when it happens. I open dash and as soon as it appears my hands have accidentally clicked on something due to it appearing close to where i keep my hands when i sit.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. give the keyboard an illuminate ability

Please give the virtual keyboard a key illumination ability because it is tricky to know what key effectively is pressed .( just like the virtual keyboard in windows 10 , or the one in Bigscreen wich is perfect imho ).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sword Grip and some ideas for sword related interaction:

Hello Folks, I'm loving Oculus Core 2 - find myself puttering around in the vr space more than actually loading games now, AMAZING start.

However, while I don't yet have a sword of my own in my objects, I did spend a bit of time playing with the one in the example rooms, and was frankly a bit disappointed. The reason is not the modeling or art or anything like that - but the grip.

You've modeled the oculus controllers with a beautiful ergonomic grip, that lays in your hand very similarly to how a sword hilt should sit (that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The creating of a virtual monitory is not compatible with nVidia Physx and similar multi-monitor setups. This is going to be a problem.

The creating of a virtual monitory is not compatible with nVidia Physx and similar multi-monitor setups. This is going to be a problem. I personally find it unacceptable. And I hope I won't be required to update to core 2.0 if I am going to lose functionality in doing so.

We could use a fix for this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unlimited resizing and re-distancing windows.

Not to restrict how far you can make the windows go, or at least let us make it go as far as the biggest cinema in the world (probably 100-200 meters?).

Not to restrict how big you can make the screen go (otherwise, it would appear small if the distance is great). Or at least it should be larger than the max FOV (so about 180 degrees in the furthest distance would be good).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make it work ?

make it stop black screening my 43" uhd Tv connected via dvi to hdmi from my 1080 gtx bigscreen beta works fine off my orginal oculus home all plugged in this way to my 1080 card yet desktop no matter what i do blacks out my screen only when i plug screen into my cpu hdmi (i7 4590 )does any of this new stuff work all but desktop which has yet to work properly any attempt to use it black screens my pc hoped dev diary2 would mean it now works !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Smoother and stuttering free updates in NVIDIA 388.xx drivers

Lot of people have been experiencing this also. Every NVIDIA 388.xx driver causes lots of stuttering, unstability and performance drop in lot of games. Previous versions run smooth as butter.

If 388.43 is needed for running dash 2.0, someone should investigate this. It's like my gtx1070 went old since the driver update.

Specially noticeable in EVE Valkyrie, from smooooooooth to choppy.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Separate Cartridges and Boxes from Library Objects

It is cluttered having 2 objects for each game in one category.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to toggle item sound effects on/off

Some items have sound effects (neon lightbulb, sun and planets table, etc). While this is a nice feature, they can get annoying after a while. If we had the ability to turn this sound off that'd be great.

I have a lightbulb by my main table but the whine sound is driving me bonkers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Centre virtual keyboard in Home/Dash under the Window that activates it

When the virtual keyboard is activated, make the keyboard appear under the active window, not under the dash console.

As an example, I was turned away from the dash console, facing my desktop window(s). I clicked on the keyboard icon at the bottom of the desktop window to activate the keyboard, and I couldn't see the keyboard.

It was only when I turned around that I saw the keyboard was under the dash console.

There's also no way to grab and move the keyboard to place it under the window either.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow touch as airbrush.

For use in Photoshop & other programmes.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shared screens and a Mirror of Vr, in VR.

Shared screens would be nice to show eachother stuff, maybe like a button you could click to say: 'Share this screen with a friend?'

I was thinking it would also be cool if you could visit a friend who's playing a VR game, and viewing a mirror of what they're playing in their home.

Maybe even go as far, as to view their avatar also? (this is just a plus)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base