Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Desktop App Improvements

• When typing using your keyboard, the virtual keyboard should light up each key as you hit them whilst in the Oculus desktop mode. This would allow you to visually see your hand positioning as you type without the touch controllers. This would increase immersion in a non-touch way and build on something every user of VR also has, a keyboard. You wouldn't need to take off your rift to use your keyboard anymore with this approach. Let's face it; typing with the touch controllers on a virtual keyboard; though extremely cool, is not very efficient or practical when you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it work ?

used to be i ran new oculus home it all worked fine until i touched the desktop icon on dash, only then would it black screen my pc ,its instant now as soon as click new home beta it restarts oculus and black screens straight away no need to touch dash beacuse nothing works at all now tried restarts finally unplug hmd restart oculus ooo now it actually opens reset to original home plug in hmd and it works again
    recently reinstalled and download games again with all the errors in riftcore 2.0 Im running 17 4790 16 gb 1600mHz…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to turn on and warm up Rift for 15min

Often when you first put the rift on you get foggy misty screens as it's cold and your body is warm.

To combat this people put something over the sensor so the Rift can warm up.

Couldn't we have an option to force the headset on before use? Maybe set at a max time of 10-15min just in case it's forgotten about and it's a good time to jump in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Press and hold oculus button recenter dash

Ive found that I am often having to look directly behind me, press the button, look back to where i want it to recentre to, then press it again. If we could press and hold it, that would shorten the time it takes to nearly nothing.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There is some kind of bug with the bowstrings. Fixing it would be an improvement?

Often when I try and draw the string on any of the bows available in Home, it fails because I pulled the grip trigger a fraction of a second too early or late, where in the real world there is some margin for error, because your fingers will connect with the string instead of passing through it like they do in Home.

I also notice that sometimes, even when I'm sure that I got the timing and position right, my virtual hand still doesnt grab the string, instead the controller gives an odd double-buzz on the haptics to indicate... something?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cyberpunk Neo-Toyko Background

Add a cyberpunk Neo-tokyo style night background environment, I know you have the futuristic one that's one of the defaults but that's more art-deco future.

Add one with a similar vibe to the store skybox, want to feel like I'm in Akira or Blade Runner.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Invalid HMD Adjustment Bundle to be bypassed.

There are a lot of DK units that have this issue and are no longer supported under a warranty, however work perfectly well with older SDK versions.

Please allow for a bypass of the check with a notification of "I understand the risks checkbox"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Daily Object Rewards (duplicate substitute)

When opening your daily reward box / unlock reward box there should be some type of allocation instead of receiving a duplicate item that serves no purpose when you already have the item & can use the stamp option.
    Like being able to exchange item for another random chance at a item that was in the same category as the duplicate you received yet again.

Already received 4 uber ducks not to mention duplicate rewards of other items.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Small payments wishlist

Small payments wishlist. Let's say you have a bunch of friends. they should be able to give you say $1 and it goes into an Oculus wallet (similiar to steam wallet) and once you have enough you can buy a game. (or pay the remainder yourself).

It'd be handy to help a friend buy a game, but not pay all of it, or if a group of friends for example has a multi-player game and wants one of their just-bought-an-Oculus friend to join, they can pay some of the cost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rift Core Idea - Per App Button Remap Profiles

Add the ability to remap/store button profiles for each game/app.

This would, for example, make it possible to swap the trigger and grab buttons for games that insist on using the trigger button for "grab" functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Search and Mutli-User Store. Allow users to walk around store with friends. Developers can create their own rooms.

Please add search to the store. voice search seemed to work well in the old store.

Add multi user virtual store, so users can walk around and shop with friends. Perhaps developers can create there own environments/rooms that users can walk into.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FIX THE keyboard IMMEDIATELY PLEASE

It doesn't work right......it load with alt buttons pressed and you cant type at certain times !!!! Update it ASAP

also make it so you can play 2D games in the theater with no lag or performance issue......thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Home environment corrupted

when I'm in the home environment it is completely corrupted all i see is a mass of triangles. I have reinstalled Oculus home 2.0 on both my laptop and main PC but the issue remains (on both machines). I can view the shop environment fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full frame video support for windows outside the main curved screen

Right now I can only watch full frame video on the curved main screen but not in windows I move into the environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. when you visit the home of a friend is it possible to see it live?

Hello, for the dash a system like RecRoom, when you visit the home of a friend is it possible to see it live?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Home Environments - new and Randomise

I like Cove, Space is bit dark..

I would like to see these types of environments, plus add the option to "Randomise on entry" (surprise locale each time.. )

Ideas:
    -view from New York skyscraper
    -view from central London, ie Picaddily Circus
    -view from an airport control tower..watch flights landing
    -Swiss alpine mountain view
    -Lakes from Italy
    -etc..

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problems when first entering Dash/home

I have problems when first entering Dash/Home on my Oculus. On occasion I will end up right next to an item that I put in the home. In this example its a shelf that had a bunch of items on it. I pop in and the shelf ends up getting hit, somehow, and everything on it falls off. Then the last time I loaded up Dash and popped into my home the shelf ended up getting knocked down to the ground.
    TO prevent this, there needs to be a way to pin these items so you don't end up accidentally…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Smooth out the movement of screens and lock screen roation in the Dash desktop viewer.

This will make it easier to place screens that you pull out as well as make them straight, but the future to rotate screens shouldn't be disabled and instead should be enabled by a button push after grabbing the screen.

This will make it a bit more comfortable for people who have shaky hands like me and want to watch content comfortably when in the Oculus Home or other VR programs and games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the library tiles themselves into play buttons.

Why have a tiny play button in the middle of the tile for each library item, why not make the whole tile into a play button?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base