Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Virtual Human interface

Virtual Human interface. for flight simulators like elite dangerous allow us to setup virtual joysticks throttle and control panels that we can bind to a emulated key for and joysticks a various functions.

this way if we have try using touch for a flight sim we don't have to just simulate a xbox controller
    we also don' t have to pullout or big heavy flight sticks every-time.

This will allow people to setup there own experiences slimier to that of VTOL VR. It would make games like DCS more enjoyably now that motion controllers are mainstream.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optional Mouse and Keyboard control in home, desktop, and store

I realise you must be very proud of your Touch Controllers, and rightly so - they are an ingenious and elegant design.

... for when the user is standing up and away from obstructions.

However, when sitting at a desk, there are a pair of controllers that have proven their worth over decades - they're known as a mouse and keyboard.

So why are we not provided with an OPTION to use these instead? I've got to say that this omission infuriates me. I feel that when sitting at a desk, the mouse and keyboard (especially if using joysticks as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quill's virtual keyboard

I love how the virtual keyboard works in Quill. I think it would work great in Dash. The reason I think it works well is because you don't see the hands, just some floating cursors, I feel like that gives you much more precision on your key presses. Using both hands to press on those nice big 3d keys feels more natural and more "made for VR".
    I also love the keyboard in "BigPicture" because they added Alt-Tab , and "Windows Key" functions that are super useful.
    Would love also if the keyboard appeared automatically when clicking on any text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. left or right eye capture for mirror to desktop

Having the ability to change between left or right eye capture for mirror to desktop is pretty much needed for all streamers and content creators. It would also be great to be able to play with the aspect ratio of it, all of this is possible with steamvr using a plugin for obs. Plug-in doesn't work for Oculus so we could really do with something to help with this issue.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. play with myself in VR

I have two Oculus Rift with touches with two desktop computers.

I have my account signed in on both, when me and my friends play on both together we don't see each other in my home on Oculus 2.0 Dash Home. We can see objects placed by each other but not each other... Is this because you cannot see other people in your home or is this because we are both using my account? Is it possible to make it so I can add myself as a friend of myself and join myself in VR? I don't want to have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create multiple virtual monitors

It would be very convenient to create virtual desktops as it is possible to do with windows 10 (or to see windows virtual desktops as virtual monitors for example).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If we accidentally remove a SteamVR game from the library, let us add it back.

Currently, if we remove a game from the library (non-Oculus), we can't reverse this. Please let us clear the blacklist and try again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Could we get SBS video for Oculus Desktop? Would make watching 3D movies in bed perfect

A lot of my movies are SBS (Side by Side) 3D videos, which I play with VLC. Having a toggle for SBS video mode on Dash would make it so easy to just lie down, grab the desktop and throw it on my ceiling, and fall asleep to a movie

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Virtual house for Team / Friends / Family

Family members or friends ”Homes” should be possible to be group’ed in to rooms in a house!

When some on is present the door should be open and you could visit and interact with that person or you have a common room where you could visit and have a group chatt!

Like a living ”Doll House”

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy, Paste and Other utilites on Wrist

Adding copy, paste and custom shortcut on wrist like the wrist watch on oculus home or facebook space would be good on oculus dash, rather than opening keyboard and pressing ctrl V on it, especially on some window that cant be right clicked

and unique to each hand for more function

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Transparent windows/Twitch Chat

I need some help. l Was able to find a program that allows the twitch chat to be transparent.. however.. once I move the program from a monitor to PIN it.. it NO LONGER is transparent.. has a background color. ANY ideas? Help please.
    This is what I found.. works great!! Just like restream chat app. However.. BOTH if them lose their transparency once you pin it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=GjHIF27hLHs
    I stream and being able to see the chat now is a plus.. However having an entire POP-OUT chat window.. thats not see thru or crop-able.. takes up alot of screen in…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding & Searching for Friends

The ability to manually search & add Oculus friends found from other games is STILL not available in the VR UI. One still has to dreadfully exit to the desktop, search for their friend on the desktop app, and painstakingly manually add a friend that way. At this point its just plain silly and crazy that I have to remove my HMD in order to manually search and add an Oculus friend by their user name and that I'm unable to do it in the UI (both new and old.) Please fix.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow adding game shortcuts other than Oculus (ex. Steam Games)

Allow adding game shortcuts other than Oculus (ex. Steam games) to have a flexible Oculus library

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. turn off the loading ambient "music"

Not the background music... not the system noises... that ambient organ music that plays while things load. That gets stuck on in the Virtual Desktop a lot and can get pretty annoying after a while. I was on a skype chat with that for example and it played the entire time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show number under volume control and have up/down buttons

In the previous version I had numbers in mind for different game audio settings. Now the slider has no information and it's hard to tell what level I'm at.

Also having slider with adjustment only with the steadiness of my hand is not ideal. Would be much better with + and - buttons to get exactly what you need.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Look for pre-existing files while installing a game

I have the "Oculus/Software/software" folder from my previous installation. when I reinstalled Oculus, I chose another path (D/Oculus apps/) to install games, but all my games from the previous installation are gone. When I reinstall a game from the store, it starts downloading from 0, even if I move my "software/Software" directory to the new D/Oculus Apps" directory. It was over 200GB of data and now it's all gone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Recreate the old Home environments in Core 2.0

For those of us that have been around since the CV1 first launched and love the old Home environment how about creating that in Core 2.0?! I'd especially love the old Christmas home environment from 2016 with the presents and giant cancy canes! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgEItMR9So) I loved that one and thought it was a shame you couldn't switch back to using it once Christmas finished.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. WAPN! - Wildlife, Animals, Pets, Nature and more...

Erhm, I love nature and so I would love an environment on Earth with trees, lots of animal life, animals that come to your house, deer, birds you could feed on feeders or by hand. bears that stroll through the distant trees. A hunter running around with a gun. Make it more alive. Allow us to befriend wildlife like in Farlands. Make it possible to plant seeds that grow. Catch insects. Butterflies on hands like First Touch. A pond with fish or a lake you could go fishing to and then later put the fish in your aquarium. Breed animals,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. golf club problems

can you please cater for left handed people the golf club doesnt work the ball goes backwards when i hit it, also 2 hands on the club is the norm not 1, thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base