Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Pulling Windows Desktop apps into VR should also work for Rift connected via Displayport to HDMI adapters

Users of certain gaming laptops (e.g. ASUS ROG G751JY) cannot operate their Rift via the HDMI output due to some technical limitation. However, the Rift works very well when connected using (certain) displayport to HDMI adapters. Since this is working I am quite sure there is no hardware limitation for Oculus Dash not being fully functional in this specific setup.

It seems that Graphic Drivers (Nvidia 390.65) do not recognize the Rift when connected via Displayport (=> HDMI) and therefore the virtual "Nvidia VR-DESKTOP" display device is not created when connecting the Rift.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Real life rex

Have a buildable rex or other types of robots that can offer you objects and start mini games.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can we have a text to speech functionality integrated in dash?

...or just integrate the Windows one in Dash

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't take over my world (home) with the Loader Screen when I launch an app.

Don't take over my world (home) with the Loader Screen when I launch an app.
    Let me stay with my Virtual Desktop (or just in Home) when I launch an app.

As it is now, after I launch an app, I immediately hit the Oculus home button and re-select my Virtual Desktop. I keep reading whatever website I have up while my game loads. When it's ready, I hit the home button again and play my game.

Standing around watching loading screens for no reason gets old pretty fast.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pop Up notifications

Let's have a system where you get a pop up notification when someone invites you to a party!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a feature like Racket: NX has that show "front" and also if you have rotated in one direction to prevent cord tangling in all games!

Add an optional feature to home that works in all games (like guardian system) that shows a circle beneath your feet indicating what direction "front" is, as well has how many times you have rotated in one direction more than another. the game Racket: NX has this feature, and it 100% completely eliminates cord tangling and is amazing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Game planning and meetup

Add the possibility to share with friend some meeting date so we can organize playing event.

For example, if I want to play Echo arena on monday at 10pm, i put it on my agenda so my friends know that i'll be playint and can join me if they want

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let us use our items in more than one environment!

Even if you want to restrict the number of copies we can make of the special items, we should at least be able to access our game carts in every room :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let DASH be pinned to our left arm, giving haptic feedback...

You grab dash with right hand and place it on top of your right hand, it then becomes pinned to the left hand, it would change shape, so that it runs along your left forearm, you would then bring your arm up so you can see the buttons, and use your right finger to press the buttons, as your VR finger hits the button, your real life finger hits your left arm giving you a sort of haptic feedback as if a button is really there, try it, pretend you have buttons on your left arm, and use your right…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Medium and Quill integration

When people 'win' items, add blank paintings that can link to the user's own 3d Quill painting and a pedestal they can put (small) versions of their own Medium creations onto.

This way we have TRUE customizable ornaments.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix the bug with games vanishing from Home, and add a way to re-add games.

Please enable/add the basic functionality of being able to re-add non-Oculus purchased games/apps to Home if they are removed, especially since Home is bugged and sometimes removes games/apps without the user requesting this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Game Achievements / Trophies / Rewards in Home

Quick Idea. Allow game devs to create "Trophies/Rewards" that can then be placed in Home. Not flat pieces, but fully fledged objects. Echo Arena, for example, could reward you with an Echo Disc if you played for 10 hours. Since Homes are shareable it makes total sense, since Dev's get a bit of marketing and us users get fun stuff to place in our homes based on games we play.

If I saw something really cool in someones home, I'd go ... "I want that! and buy the game!"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to make more than one room config per user

Would love to be able to make more than one room based on the mood I am in. In a sci-fi mood - SPACE! .. in an adventure mood "PIRATES!"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Jump back In

Why am i seeing normal apps with constantly Now Playing spinners

Calculator.exe should not be showing at all

at one point i saw teamviewer show up in my library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. AI/bots visitors/friends like the Sims.

There would be a way to meet randomly generated 'strangers' who you can choose to start communication with, then you can invite them round and grant them permission to come and go when they please. (obviously you can revoke this if they annoy you).

It would make your home less lonley as when you drop in, you'll see your companion(s) hanging out playing with your toys and gadgets, stairing at the lovely views and potentially say hello to you and have some basic conversation:

"Oh, I see you have <insert game name here>, I've always wanted to play that!"

"The…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. left or right eye capture for mirror to desktop

Having the ability to change between left or right eye capture for mirror to desktop is pretty much needed for all streamers and content creators. It would also be great to be able to play with the aspect ratio of it, all of this is possible with steamvr using a plugin for obs. Plug-in doesn't work for Oculus so we could really do with something to help with this issue.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an animated virtual assistant with voice commands for various actions.

Adding a fun animated virtual assistant that responds to voice commands would be great. A good character would be the robot from the tutorial, and can be activated by saying something like "Hey Rift..." or "Hey Oculus..." and then telling it to open up a game or invite a friend to my home or show me my email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Definitely a toggle for disabling Audio when using desktop mode whats the point of it 8) when your watching tv or playing music via it 8)

Definitely a toggle for disabling Audio when using desktop mode whats the point of it 8) when your watching tv or playing music via it please make this happen 8)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Holding a bow in your hand can block you from being able to teleport.

It would be an improvement if this was not the case?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The "Sanctum of the Cats" painting is the wrong aspect ratio.

There are black borders at the top and bottom where it doesnt fit inside the frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base