Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Copy, Paste and Other utilites on Wrist

Adding copy, paste and custom shortcut on wrist like the wrist watch on oculus home or facebook space would be good on oculus dash, rather than opening keyboard and pressing ctrl V on it, especially on some window that cant be right clicked

and unique to each hand for more function

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transparent windows/Twitch Chat

I need some help. l Was able to find a program that allows the twitch chat to be transparent.. however.. once I move the program from a monitor to PIN it.. it NO LONGER is transparent.. has a background color. ANY ideas? Help please.
    This is what I found.. works great!! Just like restream chat app. However.. BOTH if them lose their transparency once you pin it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=GjHIF27hLHs
    I stream and being able to see the chat now is a plus.. However having an entire POP-OUT chat window.. thats not see thru or crop-able.. takes up alot of screen in…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding & Searching for Friends

The ability to manually search & add Oculus friends found from other games is STILL not available in the VR UI. One still has to dreadfully exit to the desktop, search for their friend on the desktop app, and painstakingly manually add a friend that way. At this point its just plain silly and crazy that I have to remove my HMD in order to manually search and add an Oculus friend by their user name and that I'm unable to do it in the UI (both new and old.) Please fix.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow games backup and restore option

As in other digital platforms sometimes is interesting to save a backup of some games to avoid downloading it twice on multiple computers, so a friend can import the game if he owns it without downloading the full game or you can import the game to your second computer.

I hope some people find this useful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow adding game shortcuts other than Oculus (ex. Steam Games)

Allow adding game shortcuts other than Oculus (ex. Steam games) to have a flexible Oculus library

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. turn off the loading ambient "music"

Not the background music... not the system noises... that ambient organ music that plays while things load. That gets stuck on in the Virtual Desktop a lot and can get pretty annoying after a while. I was on a skype chat with that for example and it played the entire time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show number under volume control and have up/down buttons

In the previous version I had numbers in mind for different game audio settings. Now the slider has no information and it's hard to tell what level I'm at.

Also having slider with adjustment only with the steadiness of my hand is not ideal. Would be much better with + and - buttons to get exactly what you need.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Look for pre-existing files while installing a game

I have the "Oculus/Software/software" folder from my previous installation. when I reinstalled Oculus, I chose another path (D/Oculus apps/) to install games, but all my games from the previous installation are gone. When I reinstall a game from the store, it starts downloading from 0, even if I move my "software/Software" directory to the new D/Oculus Apps" directory. It was over 200GB of data and now it's all gone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recreate the old Home environments in Core 2.0

For those of us that have been around since the CV1 first launched and love the old Home environment how about creating that in Core 2.0?! I'd especially love the old Christmas home environment from 2016 with the presents and giant cancy canes! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgEItMR9So) I loved that one and thought it was a shame you couldn't switch back to using it once Christmas finished.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WAPN! - Wildlife, Animals, Pets, Nature and more...

Erhm, I love nature and so I would love an environment on Earth with trees, lots of animal life, animals that come to your house, deer, birds you could feed on feeders or by hand. bears that stroll through the distant trees. A hunter running around with a gun. Make it more alive. Allow us to befriend wildlife like in Farlands. Make it possible to plant seeds that grow. Catch insects. Butterflies on hands like First Touch. A pond with fish or a lake you could go fishing to and then later put the fish in your aquarium. Breed animals,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select status in VR (online / offline / busy etc..)

So currently from the desktop app you can set whether you appear online or offline to friends. Would be nice if there were more options (Steam has "busy", "away", "looking to play", and also if you could set it from within VR and not just the desktop app (unless this option already exists and I can't seem to find it?).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. golf club problems

can you please cater for left handed people the golf club doesnt work the ball goes backwards when i hit it, also 2 hands on the club is the norm not 1, thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integration of Twitch Streamer Settings

Not a lot of options right now in regards to streaming VR setups.. it'd be awesome if Home could have a few settings in regards to streaming & communicating with Twitch & Twitch Chat.

The chat pullouts right now are fantastic, but this need to be expanded into support for Steam games as well in order to make it fully functional. As of right now it only works with Oculus games (with the game dev updaing their support.) Not all games are on home, and not all home games are on steam either - the best ones will be cross…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. rebuild lighting

when you move objects they just feel out of place because of the lighting. would be cool to have an option to rebuild static light in a background thread.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enhance the 'pin app' feature.

Currently if you 'pin' and app, it's locked relative to where you stand.

I thought it would be relative to the world coordinates (so if I walked around it would stay there).

If we can make the 'pin' button have 3 states, "off" "pin" "full pin"

then you lock displays to surfaces in any room you are in while playing any game / oculus home.

Minor change but would be a great enhancement.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't download/play game at same time !!

Please let me choose if I want to Download and play a game at the same time. Stopping my game downloads while I play a game is ridiculous.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WEBcamera live feed of a cropped image of your choice in to VR environment.

A live feed from a local WEBcamera or video source would be useful to add to your virtual world and environment!

Maybe as a cropped (dimmed) image/resolution of your choice.

• Putting the video feed on a virtual monitor, flat screen etc.

• Display an image of your physical keyboard/desktop(Mouse/Keyboard)

My challenge using the desktop app is to locate the keyboard!
    (Removing your HMD and then put it on again, finding correct keys.)

Would be nice if you could use a WEBcam on top of your monitor facing the keyboard rotate the image and then mix in the live cropped image of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display individual windows.

The whole screen display is similar to Bigscreen VR which honestly does it better right now. A more useful display method would be to be able to open program windows independently from the desktop and place them in the surrounding space at will. Like the now defunct "Envelop VR". Or like the way "Fly Inside" for Microsoft Flight Sim allows the user to pass individual windows through into the play space.

Also, with multiple screen setups, allow sizing both screens simultaneously. Also, once open I couldn't figure out how to close the desktop view again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gift and wish list

Add the possibility to create a wish list ansd also allow the possibility tu buy a game to someone

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hide / Minimize Dash bar

Need to minimize or hide the dash bar, while desktop window still is active. It's kind a irritating to see it when you run for example Netflix in fullscreen mode, watching a movie. (Or is it already possible?)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base