Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Game Achievements / Trophies / Rewards in Home

Quick Idea. Allow game devs to create "Trophies/Rewards" that can then be placed in Home. Not flat pieces, but fully fledged objects. Echo Arena, for example, could reward you with an Echo Disc if you played for 10 hours. Since Homes are shareable it makes total sense, since Dev's get a bit of marketing and us users get fun stuff to place in our homes based on games we play.

If I saw something really cool in someones home, I'd go ... "I want that! and buy the game!"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to make more than one room config per user

Would love to be able to make more than one room based on the mood I am in. In a sci-fi mood - SPACE! .. in an adventure mood "PIRATES!"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Jump back In

Why am i seeing normal apps with constantly Now Playing spinners

Calculator.exe should not be showing at all

at one point i saw teamviewer show up in my library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AI/bots visitors/friends like the Sims.

There would be a way to meet randomly generated 'strangers' who you can choose to start communication with, then you can invite them round and grant them permission to come and go when they please. (obviously you can revoke this if they annoy you).

It would make your home less lonley as when you drop in, you'll see your companion(s) hanging out playing with your toys and gadgets, stairing at the lovely views and potentially say hello to you and have some basic conversation:

"Oh, I see you have <insert game name here>, I've always wanted to play that!"

"The…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. left or right eye capture for mirror to desktop

Having the ability to change between left or right eye capture for mirror to desktop is pretty much needed for all streamers and content creators. It would also be great to be able to play with the aspect ratio of it, all of this is possible with steamvr using a plugin for obs. Plug-in doesn't work for Oculus so we could really do with something to help with this issue.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an animated virtual assistant with voice commands for various actions.

Adding a fun animated virtual assistant that responds to voice commands would be great. A good character would be the robot from the tutorial, and can be activated by saying something like "Hey Rift..." or "Hey Oculus..." and then telling it to open up a game or invite a friend to my home or show me my email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Definitely a toggle for disabling Audio when using desktop mode whats the point of it 8) when your watching tv or playing music via it 8)

Definitely a toggle for disabling Audio when using desktop mode whats the point of it 8) when your watching tv or playing music via it please make this happen 8)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Holding a bow in your hand can block you from being able to teleport.

It would be an improvement if this was not the case?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The "Sanctum of the Cats" painting is the wrong aspect ratio.

There are black borders at the top and bottom where it doesnt fit inside the frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Posted in the main forum before discovering this. Easier to cut/paste my post from there. Don't mind the flourishes, it's what I do. I want

I want a list of the unlockable items, but damned if I can find one.

As well, after what seemed to be an eternity, I was blessed with new boxes yesterday. Yay! A new item. A painting. Yet another new boringly, ridiculous painting appeared. Twice. Yes, twice. Two boxes in a frikkin row! Same item! Scandalous.

As always, when the cybergawds deem me worthy and bestow gifts upon thee, I close my eyes when I drop my magical gift box. It certainly adds a tingle to the drama and pathos. When I open my eyes, I'm either overjoyed or I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pin a chair to my play space

Allow me to pin a virtual chair in my play space that's scalable to the size of my real physical chair

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make lens spacing easy to get to again

Lens spacing is easily my most used feature of the oculus gui, In the new dash it is much more of a PIA to get to and on top of that it is not behaving properly in some apps. It is like it renders with the app and begins flashing instead of having a black background, very frustrating and is the only thing preventing me from embracing the new dash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different environment

Mainly the ability to choose between minimal or advanced environments. Maybe the option to create our own.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring the RockstarVR Guitar into Home

Minor suggestion, but seeing as I just got the guitar and own the game, it'd be nice to see the guitar in Home along with the ability to play it for fun. It can be available to anyone, but those with the actual guitar can control it that way.

Along those lines, it would be fun to have other playable instruments even if they're virtual. Same goes with a virtual microphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. spectate mode, so you can see your room with out moving?

Spectate mode so you can edit your room, in desktop or in VR?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyboard Macros for Touch

I built a keyboard mapping to make all keystrokes on my QWERTY keyboard available as macros on my Touch controllers, but I can't run any custom input handlers for Touch during Oculus Dash because Dash overrides them all.

Here's my macro app (Unity) on Github: https://github.com/ajcampbell1333/DOFSCII

I built a clone directly via the OpenVR api too, but Dash overrides all input from that one as well.

If we can't have custom input handlers running in the background, we at least need keyboard macros. Dash is pretty useless if we can't type while we're standing in the middle of the room.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unknown Source Games Currently Missing "cover_landscape_image_large.png"

I just noticed last night when I went through to change the "StoreAssets" for a few of my Steam Games and the Doom 3 BFG Mod that they do not show right in the new 2.0 home desktop app.

The "coverlandscapeimage.png" doesn't seem to be used it seems to use one of the square images as it is zoomed in ie the top edge of DOOM is cut off as well as the Project Cars logo the top of the silhouettes head gets cut off. After poking around in the other asset folders for Oculus store games they…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Basketball Dribbling !!!

Add the ability to allow us to dribble the basketballs. It's one of the first things I tried to do in the new Home.

Also, if you can improve the basketball hoops so it's easier to make them straight when placing them in the air. Perhaps new hoop designs/unlockable hoops.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Desktop App Improvements

• When typing using your keyboard, the virtual keyboard should light up each key as you hit them whilst in the Oculus desktop mode. This would allow you to visually see your hand positioning as you type without the touch controllers. This would increase immersion in a non-touch way and build on something every user of VR also has, a keyboard. You wouldn't need to take off your rift to use your keyboard anymore with this approach. Let's face it; typing with the touch controllers on a virtual keyboard; though extremely cool, is not very efficient or practical when you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make it work ?

used to be i ran new oculus home it all worked fine until i touched the desktop icon on dash, only then would it black screen my pc ,its instant now as soon as click new home beta it restarts oculus and black screens straight away no need to touch dash beacuse nothing works at all now tried restarts finally unplug hmd restart oculus ooo now it actually opens reset to original home plug in hmd and it works again
    recently reinstalled and download games again with all the errors in riftcore 2.0 Im running 17 4790 16 gb 1600mHz…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base