Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Please give the Rift S some love!

Hi Oculus,
    I have been fighting issues with my Rift S for a while now and am waiting for my RMA to return in the mail. I have had problems that include robot mic, speakers popping, random loss of tracking, and, most annoyingly, constant headset crashing remedied only be restarting my PC.

Just so that you know: All of these issues spawned from and Oculus Software update that mainly had changes only for Oculus Quest Link. Please pass this on to your developers and let them know that they need to get these issues resolved, even if it is just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function to dim lights, brightness or Night Mode

There seem to be missing a dim lights or Night mode function on Oculus Rift S. Looks like the Quest have this function, then why does the Rift S not?

I think it could be more comfortable to have this possibility feature, to not be overexposted to strong constant lighting all the time.

Just like on phones you can adjust the lighting etc. and for casual games later afternoon / at night, it is not normal to be exposed to strong bright and blue light.

It seems not to be hard to add this, but please at least put it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Inside out tracking controllers Gen 2

We carry phones with cameras in them all the time please just make some controllers that are index-like that just inside out track independent of the headset cameras if you wanna wire them to the headset for power and data transfer to the PC then whatever I can personally thread them through elbow pads etc. I have doubts about Lenovos ability to do this it might be a better idea to partner with Valve hint hint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Able to minimise/remove 'loading' splash screen for unknown apps that never send a 'loaded' signal

'Unknown' apps (external to the store' display a generic 'loading' splash screen.

I've seen that this can clash with the Virtual Desktop when using the Headset and virtual desktop for gaming if the app isn't registered as 'loaded' - either removing this, or giving us the option to 'minimise' to a tray would make things easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. adjustable z axis for disabled use in reclined position

I'm disabled and I've been trying to use the Oculus Rift in my recliner, but that means my body's axis is horizontal to the floor. My chair obstructs my access to some Virtual controls in some games and my head has to tilt uncomfortably in most games.

I would like to be able to change the horizon axis so it's more aligned with my body. I know there are a lot of conditions that might lead people to be unable to stand or sit up for VR, so this feature could open doors for lots of people to enjoy this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. phone no

how about an actual phone no that customers can call and tell you how ****** your headsets are?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dark Screen

I have already used on my MSI PC exactly the same helmet (same characteristics) in September 2019 at the Planeur training center in Puivert (Aude)

Monday March 2, 2020, I decided to plug in my new helmet, bought a few days ago.
    The oculus program asked me for an update which I did immediately.
    While everything throughout the configuration seems OK, the screen of the helmet turns on, but turns off definitively after about a minute.

I reinstalled the OCULUS software, changed USB, etc. nothing helps.
    The headphones only turn on for a short time, once the USB is disconnected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to remove games from the Library.

We should be able to not just uninstall and hide a game from our Library, but completely remove it from our account. There is no reason why a free game I tried that doesn't work should have to stay in the library. There could also be issues with someone's family seeing a game that a person would rather not have them see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rift S Needs To Offer Far More Control Via Advanced Settings.

Control over the entire Rift S experience is incredibly restrictive and lacklustre. We need way more options! I.E. mapping gamepad buttons,choosing gamepad modes such as: Game mode, Controller/U.I mode, or Dash mode. Let us unpair peripherals in Settings. Turning off head tracking as a mouse pointer when using Virtual Desktop, too! That's what the Touch controllers are for... Advanced settings of all sorts are simply and frustratingly missing!

Take some pages out of Steam's book. I have to use SteamVR to play pancake games in Virtual Desktop with a gamepad. Oculus automatically forces my Xbox360 based gamepad to behave as…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Foveated Rendering

Could we add the option for foveated rendering with the rift-s? This render mechanism is available with Turing based - gpu's and can greatly improve the frame rate within the vr environment by rendering the edge of the scene at a lower resolution than the centre.

This is generally unnoticeable in use, and with my setup, on a now defunct Pimax headset, turning on foveated rendering gave me an immediate 10fps frame increase at zero extra cost. That's got to be a winner!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selling my Rift 2

I have just received my Rift 2 but I’m having doubts that I have made a huge mistake. With little mention about the future of the rift from oculus, this platform is destined to be dropped once the Quest2 is released. I will be selling on my quest, as I don’t want to be stuck with a product that is destined for a very short lifespan. With the future of the rift looking precarious, but is still available to purchase, I feel oculus need to be upfront with their commitment to the rift, as £400 is a big investment whereas…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. White line on cable

Have a white line on the black cable on rift and rift s devices so when the card gets tangled around itself, the user can easily straighten out the cable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oculus TV for Rift & Rift S

Oculus TV is a nice way to find and watch videos made for VR. The sad part is that it's only available on the standalone headsets. An oculus TV page or app for the desktop headsets would be greatly appreaciated!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. mac version for oculus app

PLEASE add a mac version for the oculus app I cant afford a nice gaming computer but new macs have all the specs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If the Rift S was purchased less than half a year ago exchange it for a quest!

You are not supporting Rift S your whole keynote was about quest....I bought my rift S 7 days ago.... this is really sad.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. filter for

Option to Block Violent Content/ Ads:

This would be a swell idea for children under the age of 13, people with PTSD or people with mental disorders (suicidal).

There should be some sort of content filter. I'm actually shocked in this day and age something like this isn't legally mandated...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open stores worldwide especially middle east?

add more stores worldwide to compete with vive which is available Worldwide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Oculus Voice for Rift and Rift S

I think it is unfair to have a better UI and voice controls for a less powerful headset ONLY. Bring it to Oculus Rift and Rift S please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give option to save the Dash panel layout.

Every time I start Oculus, only the "Explore" panel appears, which I barely use at all. Every single time I need to set up my own layout, reopen, resize, and reposition every panel that I usually use. It can be a real drag. Just let us save our own layouts please.
    In fact, that should have been the "Pin to Experience" buttons function in the first place.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base