Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Function to dim lights, brightness or Night Mode

There seem to be missing a dim lights or Night mode function on Oculus Rift S. Looks like the Quest have this function, then why does the Rift S not?

I think it could be more comfortable to have this possibility feature, to not be overexposted to strong constant lighting all the time.

Just like on phones you can adjust the lighting etc. and for casual games later afternoon / at night, it is not normal to be exposed to strong bright and blue light.

It seems not to be hard to add this, but please at least put it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable BRL currency in experiences store for Brazil owners

I'm from Brazil, and pay the experiences in dollar is very expensive to us. We don't earn as much as an north american and we need to pay tax because of the international transaction.

Do as Steam/Uplay/Epic Store/Origin/GOG... , do specific prices for Brazil, not only convert the dollar to BRL, but make the prices lower to make possible to us buy more games and experiences.

Facebook already have payments in BRL, please, make Oculus Store accept it too.

Thanks, Diego.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Third person screen capture

Please, integrate into the Oculus Dashboard a button to capture game sessions with personalized views, especially in third person. It would be even better if a new tool could be included in the Oculus home: a virtual camera to be placed anywhere, relative to our position, and left in those coordinates, so that it captures everything we do.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give option to save the Dash panel layout.

Every time I start Oculus, only the "Explore" panel appears, which I barely use at all. Every single time I need to set up my own layout, reopen, resize, and reposition every panel that I usually use. It can be a real drag. Just let us save our own layouts please.
    In fact, that should have been the "Pin to Experience" buttons function in the first place.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Oculus Go and Quest Games and Apps on Oculus Rift S

The quest is getting Rift and SteamVR games and allready have Oculus Go games, but what about the rift? I think it makes sense that Oculus makes it possible to play Go and Quest games on the rift, especially now that they have made this possible on the Quest.
    Thats what i wanted to say, hope you understand why i want this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Inside out tracking controllers Gen 2

We carry phones with cameras in them all the time please just make some controllers that are index-like that just inside out track independent of the headset cameras if you wanna wire them to the headset for power and data transfer to the PC then whatever I can personally thread them through elbow pads etc. I have doubts about Lenovos ability to do this it might be a better idea to partner with Valve hint hint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix issues related to running Oculus Home behind a proxy and/or make the runtime work in offline mode.

This feedback ticket is targeted for the use case of using the Oculus Rift in a business environment, but the requested feature can also benefit consumers.

Business customers can’t install the software in common network environments. Most businesses use a proxy to communicate with the internet. The Oculus installer does not respect the proxy settings of the system, causing an "e.ishttperrorcode is not a function" error when trying to create a user account or logging in with an existing one. This is not the only bug when trying to install the Oculus software from within a restricted network environment, but…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An option to turn off touch controller vibrations

I understand the idea of them to add immersion, but I would love to have an option to turn of the vibrations for the controllers. Many times in my opinion they would get in the way of what I'm doing or get distracting while I'm doing something in game. It also uses absurd amounts of battery especially in a game like Beat Saber where literally every time you hit a note, it vibrates not to mention all the other occasions where it would vibrate when the sabers touch anything for that matter. So I would really appreciate an option to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Streaming for Rift/Rift S

The Oculus Quest/Go already has this feature, but I think Oculus should add it to the Rift/Rift S. It would be a great way of showing people what I see while playing VR and if friends try it I could give them hints.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. White line on cable

Have a white line on the black cable on rift and rift s devices so when the card gets tangled around itself, the user can easily straighten out the cable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like more option on rift s URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night mode more setting in the menu more involvement on the part of your services less letting go accept customer requests stop taking us for con https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus -rift-s-and-rift
    change the head of the RIFT S menu like that of the QUEST update the QUEST functions on RIFT S the moderator of the site accepts almost no request despite the numerous feedback you do nothing to improve the RIFT S it is unfair and disgust at the price we did pay to have this helmet it disgusts me waiting for selfishness to stop thinking that there is that the QUEST rift…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like more option on rift s URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night mode more setting in the menu more involvement on the part of your services less letting go accept customer requests stop taking us for con https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus -rift-s-and-rift
    change the head of the RIFT S menu like that of the QUEST update the QUEST function on RIFT S the moderator of the site accepts almost a request despite the numerous feedback you do nothing to improve the RIFT S it is unfair and disgust at the price we did pay to have this helmet it disgusts me waiting for selfishness to stop thinking that there is that the QUEST rift…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. create a set of controllers for people with 1 hand.

I've lived my life without my left hand recently got the Oculus rift s but for like reloading guns its quite a pain too without my hand but i would love too work with you all too make this happen too help others also.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like an option to have a night mode

I would like an option to have a night mode in the menu and change the color of the menu by a black color, or the real camera which by default and white ca petes the eyes at night thank you to change it or simply make a possibility of meter a night mode with yellow light like on Apple Night Shift
    https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT207513

https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/iphone/iph60ba71065/ios

the helmet hurts the eyes at night, we did not have to launch oculus mirror to deactivate the dashboard all white, this option and waited a long time thank you for doing this for us?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. j'aimerai une option pour avoir un mode nuit

j'aimerai une option pour avoir un mode nuit dans le menu et changer la couleur du menu par une couleur noir, ou la camera réel qui par defaut et blanc ca pete les yeux la nuit merci de changer ca ou simplement faire une possibiliter de metre un mode nuit avec lumière jaune comme sur Night Shift de apple
    https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT207513

https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/iphone/iph60ba71065/ios

le casque fait mal au yeux la nuit , on n'ai obliger de lancer oculus mirror pour desactiver le tableau de bord tous blanc , cette option et attendu depuis longtemps merci de faire ceci pour nous ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. create a night mode option as for quest

I would like to have a night mode in the case of VR oculus rift s and it is possible to do this dress in the eyes of people thank you in advance it's been 1 year that I wait for this function can you make an update day of the cdt headset, otherwise I love this VR headset but it misses the night mode sorely absent from the headset and which is really lacking it tires the eyes enormously, we do well the night mode on phones why not on a VR headset it's even worse because it's directly…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option "Mode nuit" pour réduire l'exposition à la lumière bleue

faite une option pour baiser la luminosité si c’est possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base