Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Privacy screen

The ability to disable mirror mode so that what is shown in VR is not shown on your monitors. This could be a child privacy lock to prevent children in the room seeing graphic game content.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need a float-able magnifying window

With the current resolution limitations of CV1 we need to have a better way to read text. With dash we have a perfect opportunity to have a floating magnifying window. The user can place there windows wherever they want already so now we just need a magnifying glass window with a target sub window. Basically the idea is you place your magnifying window, then you have a target window which is smaller and you place this over one of your other pinned deskops or pinned application windows. This target window should remain unpinned because it should allow for quick access…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set apps in Library as favorites with ability to sort by favorite apps

Allow users to mark apps in the Library as Favorites.

And add a option to sort apps in the Library so apps marked as Favorites appear at the top.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. These are pasted from a Reddit Post I made hope you guys like! :)

1. Virtual Phone, having an app that would allow you to plug in your phone via USB so not only does it stay charged but also allows you to project that screen to a virtual phone in game. If you receive a phone call, text or email you can choose to show notifications or vibration patterns to your touch controller. Then you could reach down after using entering the Dash screen to your pocket area and pick up the phone, interact with your finger and even hold up the phone to your ear to speak and listen. Even take selfies or…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let us move the preset lights around.

If just letting us add lights is too expensive, at least let us move around the ones that are built into each environment.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trello boards for Oculus Dash

It would be great for us to have access to the Oculus Dash development team trello boards so that we can see what you all are working on and help vote certain features up for priority over others. An eta for features would help curb the frustration while waiting for an feature.

Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Inner & Outer Guardian Boundaries for Accessories (+Editor)

While there are tools out there that allow you to edit the guardian boundary (to make it nice and pretty for the OCD like me), I'd really like to see a built in guardian editor that additionally allows smaller, custom outlines to be placed inside or outside the main guardian boundary.

As an example, when guardian is showing, I'd like to able to mark additional areas where non wired accessories such as keyboards, mice, etc. may be placed. This would be incredibly useful for those who have a dedicated remote VR room that is not connected to their main gameplay…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give Store credit for Rift purchases that reference a current owner's personal referral code

The installed base is already VR's most influential set of advocates, with some hosting VR parties, demoing at offices, or taking their rigs on the road to conferences and events.

Why not encourage and reward this behavior directly with the "Uber model": give us each a personal code, and when someone buys a Rift using that code, we get a store credit? A meaningful but modest figure, like $20-$30, is still significantly less than your current customer acquisition cost.

If you want to sweeten the deal, add in a $5-$10 credit for any Go sold using our referral code.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Button to hide pinned windows when in an app.

It would be nice to have a button or customizable hotkey to quickly hide pinned windows when in an app. Windows are great in games like Elite Dangerous but occasionally get in the way of reading menus and other content.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please don't "optimize" the downloads and updates anymore.

When downloading or updating a game, the download is "optimized" in phase 1 of the process. I do not know what the optimization goal is, but if it is time, it blatantly fails.

This "optimization" is so slow that I downloaded and installed a ~20GB game in Steam while Oculus did just start downloading.

Experiment: I have keys for Elite:Dangerous for both Steam and Oculus Store. Started the installation on two PCs, one Steam and one Oculus, on a nominally 120Mbit shared internet connection via local Gbit ethernet. Oculus finished "optimization" when Steam was well over 70% downloading.

When I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add error message for when insufficient disk space is preventing updates

Currently if your desktop app is trying to download an "Oculus Software Update" and you don't have enough disk space on C: for the download caching, it'll simply say "queued" and give no indicator of why it's not progressing. A simple error message stating that there's insufficient disk space for the update would increase user-friendliness.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Separate volume controls for home

It would be nice if I could adjust the level of the music and sound fx, instead of just the master volume.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mods for Home to add new interactions and publish then as source code examples

As Robo Recall has mods it would be super useful for VR developers and users to have mods in Home that could add more types of interactions and release that interactions as source code in Github. Interactions as open doors, switch lights, grab things and throw them, play different games as basket, darts, and anything imaginable.

I think Home is created in UE4 so it would be extremely useful for any developer to have all that mods that community can create as samples for their own projects and to expand very fast the VR development.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lone Echo locomotion

We know how well the locomotion mode works in Lone Echo. So maybe have it as an option for Home?

Of course, having a giant hole in the side of the room just begs for players to venture out. But I guess that would not be feasable for what homes are limited to in terms of system specs.

But if need be we could have a force field out there to motivate us not to venture too far out. Or maybe have zero G home layouts specially made for these locomotions? A starship bridge or giant panorama windows.

Or have…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switch to the Store more quickly

The new Store is gorgeous (!) but takes ages to load. I'd like for there to be a quick-switch option that immediately launches the Store, not slowly builds it up.

Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Controller setup for any attached controller (Hotas)

I use a Hotas setup quite often, and the requirement to grab the touch controllers or the Oculus remote is quite inconvenient, especially for minor tasks (like starting a game).

My suggestion is to add a configuration for any Joystick/Hotas/Gamecontroller button. With a "look-at" cursor and one single button, one could already solve the most important tasks (browsing the library, the store, and starting a game). With a second button (open the dash), even most in-game tasks can be solved.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically refocus game window

In games such as Elite Dangerous, the game is only responsive to control if the game window is focused. Any interaction with desktop windows causes the game to lose focus and controls become unresponsive. Unfortunately with video players such as Youtube maximized there is no way to refocus the game AFAIK as the Windows taskbar becomes hidden by the maximized video window. A good solution would be for the Rift software to automatically refocus the game window after Dash is closed out.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make "Audio Input in VR" use the Default Communication Device in Windows

The Oculus currently uses the default audio input device when setting the "Audio Input in VR" to "Use Windows Settings". It makes more sense to use the Default Communication Device since this settings is for supporting in game communication and would match up with how many other communication applications work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification when a developer responds/comments on your game review

There is no way to know that a developer has responded to your review unless you look up the actual review and check. I've seen answers from the devs to user problems in reviews but I doubt many of the reviewers actually see them. A notification would go a long way with communication.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Separate volume for apps and party

I would like to be able to set the volume scale for apps and party chat separately. Some apps are really loud and I want to be able to hear my friends over the game audio.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base