Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Anyone else lost the ability to watch 3D movies?

2/18/2018 was the last time I was able to watch any of my movies purchased in Oculus Video or even watch trailers. I noticed this on February 24th when I tried to watch a recently purchased movie.

All other functionality of Oculus Video seems to work and I am able to stream movies from at least one other site using other applications with a virtual desktop option.

It would be nice if we were able to sort available movies as well as those purchased.

It would be great if more 3D movies were made available to purchase.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dash 2.0 Home Grandfather Clock

I think it would be a great idea to create a nice grandfather clock that would mirror the system time on your computer, and could be placed as a decoration in your Dash 2.0 home.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The weapons in oculus home aren't calibrated properly

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/884w82/theweaponsinoculushomearentcalibrated/

It seems like the bow is tilted at an angle in game when compared to the touch controllers. The sword also doesn't line up with the controller. It makes it awkward when trying to shoot or slice targets because your weapon isn't where it should be. It really breaks the immersion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow editing of Library Shortcut cosmetic properties

Pretty straight forward, allow the editing of properties for Library Shortcuts just like you do with any other shortcut.

Icon
    Displayed Title

Let Dash handle all the sym linking and parameters it wants.
    Let users manage what we see.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Brass Tactics Units that are a foot tall

It would be great to have the Brass Tactics units available so that you can put them on your shelves. Like big action figures. A foot tall or bigger.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Virtual keyboard positioning under the active Window

When dragging a (desktop) window in VR space, the keyboard stays at it's initial position. So, positioning a window behind me (i.e. I spin around 180° on my office chair) makes the keyboard inaccessible, unless you can type hands-behind-back.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Managing library location for each game

It's great that we have multiple install locations now, but having to set a locations as "Default" before installing a game is kind of a pain.

The store should ask where to install a game each time, like Steam.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move games from the UI. It seems the engine already supports this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7pgx9c/psamovinggamestonewlibraryfolder/dshftmj/

It should be pretty easy to automate this - it's basically two cut/paste operations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the desktop grid to be disabled

The desktop grid is useful, but it can also limit the ability to place a window exactly where a person would like to. The grid covers a large area directly in front of the normal view which is where most of the gaming or visuals take place. It pulls the windows location and rotation into the center. I usually will try to place my media player or web-page at an angle and slightly away from the center of my view, and then pin them down. The grid makes this placement difficult to do.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Portable VR Streaming Camera - Stream more than your sight!

Watching Brass Tactics streams can be vomit inducing on YouTube or Twitch due to the fast movements, but it's a wonderful game and needs to be shared. However, I want to watch more VR streams. Imagine be able to spawn a camera in any game and stream from it through your streamer of choice. Like a VR 3rd person camera.

• Stream with your favorite streaming tool OR a built-in streamer that connects to Youtube, Twitch or Facebook - The idea is OPTIONS

• Place the camera at the angle you want

• Grab the camera and go handheld or even flip it…
    8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the ability to change and customize the loading zone colors

Instead of having to stand in a white and slightly-less-white-gray colored room (which is kind of dull), I'd like to be able to customize the colors to make it more personal, and less straining on the eyes.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rift core 2.0 seems to break my wacom pen

Every time I turn on the beta channel and test drive the Rift Core 2.0 and new home. After I exit, my wacom pen spazzes out , affecting all other programs running. Rebooting oculus services fixes it temporarely. But only backing out of beta channel fixes it completely

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quick lock

I would like to lock/unlock furniture quickly in the menu main menu. Currently I have to go into settings.
    This would make it easier to move something eraound an lock again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make disk drive writing more performant

I've noticed that when I boot my machine or start the Oculus app, the app itself pegs the hard drive super hard bringing it to 100% Disk I/O and slowing down all applications including the Oculus desktop app. This becomes super painful as Windows 10 doesn't deal with disk I/O well anyway if you are on a spinning disk. I'm on a 7200 RPM 1TB drive and so far, my only issues with performance have been disk related. This is usually due to game updates running in the background.

I'd love to see a 'low write' mode where I'm trickling…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a "Whats Being Played Right Now"

have a section to help players find multiplayer populated games ala VRLFG.net, hide the exact numbers if you must.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Place desktop windows in Home, and make it stay there when you close the menu

As it is now, when you close the menu where you open the desktop the desktop disappears as well. It would be nice to be able to place/pin the desktop window in the room and be able to interact with other things or move while keeping the window up.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Vr coaster

There should be a coaster we can put a drink on and oculus will show where it is when we open dash menu.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make an option to show the white grid room when opening the Dash menu.

Prior to the update that made the menu render on top of the game, it was incredibly useful as a panic button when experiencing unexpected or motion sickness inducing visuals. I believe it would be extremely beneficial to have this as an option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. issue with objects being knocked over

I have noticed an issue with objects in my virtual home being knocked over or thrown across the room as a result of my movements in my virtual space. Things that I place on shelves get knocked over when I move my hand or turn my head. Even though I am no where near them. I have been standing half way across the room and just turned around or moved my hand and had everything on a shelf fall over or go flying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Internal Chromecast Reciever

I do not know if this is practical due to coding or licencing restrictions, however having a monitor or wall mounted "window" that allowed phones/tablets to chromecast/miracast/dnla or some such content would be really nice. Though perhaps this would be better implemented in Dash, to allow us to view it in other experiences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The 'Twinkle Trails' sound effect is way too loud

While the visual effect is very cool, the sound effect completely drowns out any other sound effects and the Home music. It's also quite high pitched and extremely repetitive. Perhaps dial down the sound or completely disable it. I removed the toy from my home for these reasons.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base