Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Shelving / Display Cabinets or Cubby Holes..

Thanks to the import option now available in 2.0 my home is overflowing with awesome new goodies but it's kind of a bummer to be importing cabinets to display them, when ever I go to the Oculus Store I see all the cubby holes lining the walls and think if only they'd given us some of those assets =/ would make a big difference for peoples homes in my opinion..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Social area attached to home

I think that the next step is to set up social areas that are separate from the "Home". the "Home" instanced in the social area and the social area could be like a little town with shops and game areas. Kind of like how Rec Room is set up, but your home as the dorm room and a town as rec center. I really think that that is the way that VR is heading, and why not lead the way.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show on store listings a flag or icon to indicate that it is in your wishlist

When browsing the store, it would be useful to know that particular items are in your wish list already, so that you don't go into them again when you've already added them to the wishlist.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Home not require Internet access to use locally.

Home should not require being connected to the Internet if you are simply trying to use it locally offline. Steam VR Home doesn't require Internet to access it, neither should Oculus.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to reset sensors from in-app

Every so often I’ll get an error that says the tracking quality is poor on a sensor, or that the ms response time was too low/high. Would it be possible to get a button that allows us to effectively do the software equivalent of unplugging and plugging in that sensor?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Master control list and button mapping.

I would really like a master list of the controls and a button map. I am not always sure if I'm missing a feature or doing something wrong because not all functions are obvious.

How do I use right-mouse button with left-right agnostic touch controls?
    Is there a way to click middle mouse button on touch?
    Are there gestures or combinations of buttons to keyboard/mouse functions?

Separately, I really want a way to remap buttons on my touch controls to make the most of the buttons available.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let us add our own custom models/music/environments, fbx files

let us add our own model/music/environments, fbx files

I can't change the music, I want to make it the space that I created. It needs to have model options like VRchat, mirrors, etc. I know you guys at oculus have dones "tons of research" on avatars, but I honestly feel like VRchat is way ahead in many regards. Bring what they are doing into Oculus Home.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification if friend request has been rejected

It would be nice to get a notification if a friend request has been rejected, I tested this with some friends so we see what happens, if you make a friendship request the "Add Friend" button turns into a clock symbol or a "cancel request" button, if the request is denied you still see the clock symbol, so you can never be sure if someone has declined the request or simply hasn't seen it and clicked on it yet...really what should happen is that the clock symbol should turn back into the "add friend" button and/or you should get a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a brightnes Dimmer slider to all the windows

When you pinned any Windows and you are playing in a dark games like Elite Dangerous, the windows are to bright and is painful.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Portable VR Streaming Camera - Stream more than your sight!

Watching Brass Tactics streams can be vomit inducing on YouTube or Twitch due to the fast movements, but it's a wonderful game and needs to be shared. However, I want to watch more VR streams. Imagine be able to spawn a camera in any game and stream from it through your streamer of choice. Like a VR 3rd person camera.

• Stream with your favorite streaming tool OR a built-in streamer that connects to Youtube, Twitch or Facebook - The idea is OPTIONS

• Place the camera at the angle you want

• Grab the camera and go handheld or even flip it…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate Cartridges and Boxes from Library Objects

It is cluttered having 2 objects for each game in one category.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set up position of desk in Guardian System. OR! Ability to setup more than one guardian system

My computer, keyboard, and mouse sits on my desk. I set the guardian system up to where the edge of the desk is the edge of my guardian system so I don't accidentally punch my screen when punching a droid in Robo Recall or walk into the desk itself in VR. However, if I could somehow sit at my desk and use it without the Guardian system getting in the way that would be great. I like using the headset but would like to switch to my keyboard to type a paper for college or play a game that requires…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Trackers like Vive

I want Trackers like Vive. Why doesn't Oculus have Trackers? https://www.vive.com/us/vive-tracker/

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically disable guardian when seated at keyboard

Ability to create/remember a "seated position" where guardian will be disabled.

I mean "I" like the grid in my face while I'm seated and typing... but other people might not >.>

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to build your own home like in survival games

Ability to build your own home like in survival games (ARK, Subnautica, Medieval Engineers, even No Man's Sky) using assets that can be added to by the modding community.

Only limit would be your creativity really.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Home to be made up of separate rooms to increase performance

I much prefer smaller rooms with dedicated purpose (small game room, large target practice hall, etc) than one big space.

Would be great if we could set up smaller spaces to limit the impact on performance and to have more options of using different rooms in different ways,

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. option to hide apps you don't like

I for one am not a big fan of zombie type games, and have never really wanted Killing Floor or Arizona Sunshine, but they're constantly on the front page of the Store, where I have to see it every time I log on, even though I'm not interested. An option to select an app you want to hide in the store and click "not interested" to clear it from your queue would be nice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to disable mouse cursor

An option to disable the mouse cursor so the user can only see the blue dot as per Dashes original implimentation. The new mouse cursor looks awful and is inaccurate and really makes me not want to use Dash at the moment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add setting for framedrop indicator and performance overhead in Dash

Having to use the debug tool to get the framedrop indicator or the performance overhead stats is a bit tedious. I'd love to be able to activate the framedrop indicator from a Dash menu, and additionally a smaller performance overhead tracker in a corner of your field of view would also be very welcome. The current implementation is hard to actually use while playing a game, which you may sometimes want to do to test the overhead in different scenarios.

This also goes hand in hand with a Dash setting for global supersampling, but there are other uservoice initiatives for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to disable oculus service auto start

Simple, put an option in oculus home to disable oculus service auto start.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base