Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Points instead of random stuff

It would be nice to get points from using VR to spend on furniture and items instead of a RNG system. The points could be spent in an in home store.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collectibles

The weekly item giveaways seem kind of aimless at the moment, which is fine in the short term but longer term it might be a good idea to give some thought to themes and collectible items.

People could sign up for clubs and get additional boxes full of specialized items. World flags, busts of musical composers, fighting planes or ships, things like that at first -- one or more free item every week, day, M/W/F, whatever.

It doesn't have to be a horrifically predatory exercise in gouging users, just a way to get people interested in logging in and invested…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Import Quill Animations in Home

Being able to import Medium creations in Home is already super interesting. Quill animated creations can make the Home feels even more alive.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What happened to the oculus desktop that was in the previous version.

Before I could select the app on the bottom right corner of the hub next to the home button and the shop and now in the newest update it is blank.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. be able to do jobs in the home which earn you money to buy bigger homes with more rooms

doing achievements in the home space like getting a lot of shots on target would earn money which then could be used to buy other houses with more rooms

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Represent real world items in Home

I would like to be able to set Home up to always be oriented a certain way when I log in, rather than the direction I'm facing. I would set up furniture to map realistically to my play area and know where my desk is.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. more streamlined way to type

if Oculus is going to replace a computer then it needs a better typing method such as a rotating keyboard so you grab the keyboard around you and spin it to put certain letters in

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. have a button to turn the whole room into zero gravity

this would be cool if all objects started floating around and then your controllers could be rockets to fly around

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bigger screen view for watching preview videos

Why do I get this really awesome positional video experience but get the view of a 50" screen from a distance instead of a bigger theatre view to enjoy a preview? We should have the VR equivalent of a full screen option for viewing preview videos and screenshots. You have this whole spheric 3D environment and yet we don't have a ported 3D video preview option or immersion preview for games in VR? Even screenshots should be 3D window shots of the VR games and experiences. Instead we're doing it like we still are on happypuppy.com.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Space Cadet pinball machine!

Space Cadet pinball machine!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Recent Players List

It would be good to have a dedicated 5-10 most recent players list on the desktop app for adding friends from recent games. I'm aware there's a "Make new Friends" section which is theoretically meant to fullfill this function.......initially this did show me my most recent players but since the last couple updates (since they also added the irellevent to me "connect to facebook" button in this section) it only shows friends of friends or people I played with 6 months ago...........In short I'd like for the recent players list and recommended friends list to be two separate things or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More friend friendly

you really need to implement a way for friends to hang out together inside our homes, add interactive things we can do like vr poker, pool, darts, films and so on. this seems the only thing to be missing to make it the "READY PLAYER ONE" experience. I hear the vr gear does something similar. apart from this, amazing all around !!!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to create software apps and add them to their home

I would like something similar to Firefox add-ons, and chrome extensions to be added to Oculus home.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug report?

I just switched to Core. I've noticed something a little different in how the rift appears to be treated. I'm running a dual monitor setup, and when I ran Home - I'd start up the Oculus software and the Rift would simply fire up. Now, when I start up Core, I hear the windows "Oh hey - I found something new" beep, then my monitors go black like I'm changing my monitor setup and then everything comes back after about the same amount of time. When I close out Core, the exact reverse happens. I can actually rationalize this if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow view to be reset from Desktop

A button on the oculus desktop software that would allow you to reset the oculus view (for when someone of different size is using the rift, you can reset the view for them rather than having them do it via the rift dash menu)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fine Adjustment Option for Item Placement

Right now you have to rely solely on your hand coordination and angle of controller for placement of objects. While this makes things feel more organic in some ways, it doesn't allow for fine adjustment like 1 increment movements in rotation of objects for hanging pictures, artistic placement, etc. Having a manual adjustment option for setting objects for those of us who are looking to have really fine placement would be awesome and easy to implement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More! More! More!

I would love to see more variety and styles for the home decorations. Please add more outside environments as they are stunning and make me just want to sit and stare. Speaking of sitting, can we sit on the furniture? If not, can that please be added in the future. All i can ask for is MORE options. It is incredibly enjoyable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow purchase or trade of objects/furniture in addition to random dole

Since object/furniture rewards are doled out randomly, we have no idea if that cool animated object that we particularly admired in a friend’s home will ever be allocated to us. Also, it’s hard to decorate a home with an antique or futuristic theme when you get mostly bland contemporary/modern furniture. We need a store where you can see the entire inventory of available furniture/objects and actually “buy” specific furnishings for a dollar or three rather than getting frustrated.
    Everyone wants to be able to populate their homes with custom objects built in Medium or Zbrush, so allow people to submit…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like a way to save my home state so that I can reset to it if I make changes that I'm not happy with.

Currently, as far as I'm aware, you can reset to factory default, but I had my apartment the way I liked it and I showed it to a friend without thinking to lock everything in place and now everything is all over the place. I'll have to start from scratch.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would have thought the Rift and VR in general was wide open to using voice commands. A simple set like "Run" "Walk" "Re-load" just a thoug

Voice commands for games! Simple command structure like "Run" or "Walk" Or re-load" for now, with the option to increase the vocabulary as and when!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base