Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. have in games wearable rewards

be able to unlock wearable gifts such as the spiderman web shooters as well as much more like the robo recall skin for example

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pin desktop in a location in your home

Be able to leave the desktop open in a location of your choosing in your home and access it by waking up to it.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. it would be cool to have draws that you can open and store items like cartridges in

I know we have shelves but it's very easy to mess it about and not to have easy contact with the games, is we could open draws on the table to cabinets then it could be much easier.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. earth

The space environment for Oculus Home is really too busy, with too much going on, with exaggerated proportions that make it cartoony instead of awe-inspiring. I think something with just the Earth in a closer perspective, slowly rotating, would a lot more quietly impressive.

There's one example on SteamVR that I found very nice:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941012993

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Speed up home transitions between store, home, and friend home

Right now it's ~7-10 seconds and there's simply no need for it to be that long.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow sorting / filtering of the Wishlist

Just like the sort and filter options when a user browses "All" titles in the Store, allows users viewing their Wishlist to sort their wishlist e.g. A-Z, Date Added, Price etc

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Performance Decrease after Rift Core 2.0

Performance has decreased to where Games that I used to play with are unplayable.

Primary Game played Elite Dangerous. Graphics Card GTX780TI. System I7 - 4770, 32 GB Ram, Windows 10.

Elite Dangerous with Hello V (inserts browser in game) works flawlessly in Previous Version.

Enabling Rirft Core 2.0 without popping out any windows the performance drops where frames stutter.

Disabling Rift Core 2.0 and going back to previous, solves that problem immediately and everything works just as before.

Elite Dangerous is set to High on all settings and it works without a stutter.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow mouse and keyboard control as well as touch

Some people (like me) use Rift while sitting at a desk with a HOTAS, keyboard and mouse. Using a touch controller in combination with this environment is extremely impractical. Can options to use keyboard and mouse to control the dash and desktop functions be implemented?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real Keyboard & Mouse projection

I would like to have a Live WEB Camera facing down to display my real keyboard and mouse on the real table.

Then I would like to display that image on a virtual table surface in VR and/or below the desktop screen when looking down as an option!

This would simplify finding the keyboard and place your hands correctly on keyboard and mouse when needing to use them typing/playing etc.

Live Image should be possible to be dimmed / transparent.
    (Masking out original table / mousepad from an image)
    It could be low res using slow FPS to not consume…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate pages for DLCs

It would be great if we could see, comment and rate DLCs.

Now, we can only see there is a DLC.

We cannot even search for it.

It took me 10 minutes to find Echo Combat DLC and it was in a situation when I knew it exists, it is related to a speciffic game and others are playing it already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add games to Wishlist while in VR

First, thank you for the new Wish List feature.

However, I was surprised I couldn't add games to my Wish List while browsing the store in VR (maybe I missed how to add it?).

Thanks !!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow us to Disable the Grid where the screen snaps on

The grid in front of you keeps taking over when I want to place a screen a bit behind the grid or a bit in front of it. Let us disable that grid and place our windows where we want!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Buggy Multi monitor. Portrait multimonitor issues.

Firstly I have an issue where I am unable to adjust the monitors once placed. When I grip them it simply creates a new monitor thats completely black so I have a copy of the monitor but blacked out with a huge performance hit.

Secondly I have a portrait mode monitor which comes out as stretched into a forced portrait image.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please revert the Social/Item Placement window to the previous separate Windows

What used to happen: Tap wrist to open the "Social" window which you can throw around, place anywhere in 3D space. Tap left Menu button to open the "Item placement" screen which can be adjusted to place anywhere on 3D Space.

What happens now: Both of these windows are merged into an UNMOVABLE one window, it is always huge, and slightly to your left with 0 ways to adjust the height, size, or placement. It is fairly annoying when trying to place items. Please revert it back to smaller, adjustable windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an Echo Arena disk & goal to Oculus Home

An Echo Arena disk and goal should be added as an unlockable to Oculus Home. It'd be great to practise with, play with the mechanics, and just have fun.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multi-Room "Details" and Day/Night/Weather "Surroundings" Loops

Everyone seems to want multiple rooms, so you could easily have alternative floor plan “Details” that divide up the current space with new walls (that you can mount more art on). Some floorplans would extend the platform far beyond its current edge on front and sides (where people already place objects). Eventually more elaborate multi-story homes with staircases would be nice.
    Create external “Surroundings” environments with a longer video loop that runs from dawn thru daytime, including an afternoon thunderstorm, and on to sunset/night with moon/stars, all in about 15 minutes.
    People will lose interest in decorating their homes unless…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add interactivity to the pet stands/tables (Fairy table and Hummingbird Stand)

When you approach the fairy for the Fairy Table she just hides. You should be able to pick fruit that grows back over the course of a timeline and feed them to her. Also have her climb on your hands, be held. Some mild interactivity that is engaging. The hummingbird stand is kind of the same thing. There is two birds. They should be like hummingbirds that can interact with you more like budgies. Eventually coaxing them to your finger and having the ability to feed them with a dropper that is part of the stand.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to hide installed apps from the Store listings

When browsing the store, it is handy to know that you already have an app / game, but when you have a large number of installed games, it can detract from browsing new content.

Please give the user an option in the Store to hide installed applications from the Store listings, so that the user can concentrate on browsing new content.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →