Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. WEBcamera live feed of a cropped image of your choice in to VR environment.

A live feed from a local WEBcamera or video source would be useful to add to your virtual world and environment!

Maybe as a cropped (dimmed) image/resolution of your choice.

• Putting the video feed on a virtual monitor, flat screen etc.

• Display an image of your physical keyboard/desktop(Mouse/Keyboard)

My challenge using the desktop app is to locate the keyboard!
    (Removing your HMD and then put it on again, finding correct keys.)

Would be nice if you could use a WEBcam on top of your monitor facing the keyboard rotate the image and then mix in the live cropped image of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display individual windows.

The whole screen display is similar to Bigscreen VR which honestly does it better right now. A more useful display method would be to be able to open program windows independently from the desktop and place them in the surrounding space at will. Like the now defunct "Envelop VR". Or like the way "Fly Inside" for Microsoft Flight Sim allows the user to pass individual windows through into the play space.

Also, with multiple screen setups, allow sizing both screens simultaneously. Also, once open I couldn't figure out how to close the desktop view again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gift and wish list

Add the possibility to create a wish list ansd also allow the possibility tu buy a game to someone

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If we accidentally remove a SteamVR game from the library, let us add it back.

Currently, if we remove a game from the library (non-Oculus), we can't reverse this. Please let us clear the blacklist and try again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide / Minimize Dash bar

Need to minimize or hide the dash bar, while desktop window still is active. It's kind a irritating to see it when you run for example Netflix in fullscreen mode, watching a movie. (Or is it already possible?)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy, Paste and Other utilites on Wrist

Adding copy, paste and custom shortcut on wrist like the wrist watch on oculus home or facebook space would be good on oculus dash, rather than opening keyboard and pressing ctrl V on it, especially on some window that cant be right clicked

and unique to each hand for more function

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reset Home

In getting to know the user interface, I ended up messing up the home environment pretty badly. Understandably, I guess, the app remembers all the bonehead things I have done. Can you provide a 'start from scratch' command so we can recover the reasonable environment that you kindly provided when we first installed?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Group/ungroup items for selection and moving

I want to be able to set up items a group of items.

So I can link a chair lamp and table in a single group, then move that group.

In addition to this I would like to be able to lock that group so I can't accidentally grab it when I have it in it's desired location.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to require button/trigger press to activate buttons in Dash

I find myself accidentally pressing buttons on the Dash bar almost immediately after opening the Dash menu sometimes, due to the positioning of my hands when it's opened. Having an option to require some kind of hardware action (either button or trigger) to confirm a selection would be helpful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let us change IPD via software

Extend the range of available IPD via software by rendering in different resolutions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for gamepad

I do not have touch and do not plan on using it. I am a bit annoyed at the amount of games and apps which are requiring touch as a minimum, and I don't think the Home app should be one of them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paint/Transform tool

Have a tool, that allow quickly repaint set of objects to a chosen color or new chosen type of object. Like replace all bushes in the garden into pineapple trees. Or all cubes of one kind into another one.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Integration of Twitch Streamer Settings

Not a lot of options right now in regards to streaming VR setups.. it'd be awesome if Home could have a few settings in regards to streaming & communicating with Twitch & Twitch Chat.

The chat pullouts right now are fantastic, but this need to be expanded into support for Steam games as well in order to make it fully functional. As of right now it only works with Oculus games (with the game dev updaing their support.) Not all games are on home, and not all home games are on steam either - the best ones will be cross…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow horizontal shifting for taskbar and keyboard, expand taskbar horizontally with additional tabs

Taskbar and keyboard should not be pinned horizontally and should be allowed to be rotated around you as a center axis at the minimum to push it out of the way. Additional icons on taskbar are currently hidden in a non-obvious way; there is plenty of horizontal room for more icons and there's no reason the task bar's length should be fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A police shooter game

where you can drive police vehicles and make arrests. Would be great if we can have our own teams too. Or just a police shooter game where you have to save hostages and make sound decision just like police academy or something.

David
    Ashmore Community Patrol

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hologram hummingbird perch

let the hologram hummingbird perch on my finger....for that matter what about virtual pets in my home?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eliminate automatic curved window area in favor of a manual icon.

The automatic curving is more of a nuisance than a benefit. Also the placing of windows is very difficult with the center point right in front of you. And then that curved thing messes it all up anyway in some cases.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add more pin/lock options. Pin to HMD, pin to controllers... more?

Would be really nice to have more pinning options. This way you can f.ex. add a camera feed to your HMD. Maybe you have put a camera on your Rift that can then to be used to orient yourself. Maybe you want to add an FPS counter or a clock to your display as a small Window?

Gives the users a lot of options since you can just pin any kind of Windows window to it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Guest’s using Oculus GO or Gear VR

Would like to get some support for Friends visiting my Home for a Chat using Oculus Go or Gear VR!

Maybe some Facebook Spaces integration..

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base