Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. More blimps

The RC blimp item in Oculus Home is pretty neat. I thought it was really cool flying it around, getting a close look at it going by, bumping it gently into walls and punching it gently with the hand not holding the remote control.

Some minor disappointments are that it has like a bunch of attitude jets that don't fire when it turns, nor do all the running lights or TV screens on it work, and the tethered cabin is basically attached on rigid sticks.

Still, I think it would be worth spending a little effort to polish this and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Facebook Spaces avatars in Home or vice versa

I know they are going to redesign the avatars we use in Home next year, but I think it'd be nice if we had the option to bring our avatars over from Facebook Spaces OR Home avatars into Spaces so that we have some consistency in the VR world. Would be nice to know that I always look the same instead of two very different looking avatars depending on what app you're in. I don't know. Just a thought. :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UN-toggle the ALT key when keyboard is closed

When the Dash keyboard is open, I'll sometimes use ALT+TAB, but often forget to un-toggle ALT, and it will cause problems all over the place. Please make it so that closing the keyboard will un-toggle the ALT key, as it will remain even if you remove the headset and go back to using your IRL keyboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enchanced clock settings.

Can they add extra features to clock, like timer, stop watch and alarm?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Library: Navigating to an app's Details no longer shows me information about Sitting/Standing and input methods.

Previously, navigating to an app's details would take me to the store listing which listed a bunch of valuable information that I liked to know in order to decide what I want to play, and how it is best played. Mainly Sitting vs Standing, Touch vs Gamepad, etc. Now it shows a new panel on the right showing playtime, install location etc. This new panel is also valuable information, but I would love to once again have a way to easily see the store listing (or at least the aforementioned important information) from an app in the library.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Communication radio with public channels

A Communication radio (Voice)

Have like 24 local channels, for which you then can adjust different range or sub channels, squelch and other functions (On/Off,Volume)
    One to Many (Chat)

Or maybe a Ham Radio!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [bug] Mouse pointer can be moved into the virtual monitor and difficult to get back.

Moving the mouse pointer off the Windows desktop via the bottom-right corner of the screen, causes pointer to be lost. Only way to get it back is to sign-off & back on again. I assume this is related to the virtual monitor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Find Items/Objects

Sometimes I can't find certain items, like if I have friends that play around and move stuff. It would be nice to perhaps have a button in inventory to either take the object back to the inventory or find the object/ it starts glowing or beeping.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In game music and desktop audio slider

While this might be impossible to implement without restructuring integral things on individual apps and games, I would love to have a music slider in dash. Some games have great music, some don't. But sometimes I just want my background music, but I still want the sound effects of the apps..

Right now, I have to find the menu in the app I am running, find the setup item, go to audio options, and pull the music down to zero and back all the way out again, open dash, get to the desktop to start my music player of choice…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Left click dragging

Enable users to drag with the left mouse button in Oculus Windows. One way to implement this is by changeing scrolling to dragging when pointing toward a window and holding the "a"-button, or something similar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Core 2.0 makes

Problem when running minecraft for windows 10 vr. Extremely juttery since update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. software download stuck pending - status is 'queued'.

The arrow is not clickable so I can't download it.
    tried
    - freeing up dispace
    - toggling 'private test channel'
    - rebooting/restarting software
    - reinstalling and choosing 'repair' option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. guardian

Not sure if this is a new idea, or a bug introduced by Core 2.0 beta.

When playing games that don't support the Touch controllers, the guardian system is disabled until the game is exited. Once back in Oculus Home/Dash or when loading a Touch enabled game the guardian system works fine again.

I'm sure that before Oculus Core 2.0 beta, that loading a non-Touch enabled game wouldn't disable the guardian system?

So I guess this is either a great new idea, so please vote, or it's a bug that needs fixing, so please vote :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Do what Microsoft's Windows Mixed Reality does

You know how the Windows Mixed Reality home has separate rooms, and pinned windows in each room? I would LOVE for that to be on the Oculus Rift.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save Pinned Browsers

I like how you can save pinned browsers. As long as you have them all up under a new browser, you can have as many windows as you want, and when you click on it it will return you to the same browser open on your desktop...However, when I close Oculus and return to it, all of my browsers and webpages are gone. I want a feature where it will save each browser address and have it pinned there without going back and opening new browsers, going to the webpages, etc.

Also, have a spot on the Dash bar to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ad windows sound/audio out selection to Core 2.0. Would be useful when watching a video

Ad windows audio out selection to Core 2.0. Would be useful when watching a video

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to look through phone's connected camera from the oculus

If you could access a connected phone's cam in a small screen in front of the corner of your eye you could " see your room " while you're gaming. So that, while playing, you could keep an eye on your kids or your weird friend that you don't trust completely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allows to crop or provide custom desktop window sizes.

I like to have a lot of apps open but currently every window is displayed as a wide rectangle that I can only change the scale of. It would be great to crop some windows. I'm thinking of a music player where I really don't need to see everything on the page but only the play/pause/rewind/skip buttons. I also know that many apps have a responsive design and it would be great to resize some windows either live or pre-made shapes so some items could display in a mobile format. For one that would be great for web designers who…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to dismiss warnings while in virtual desktop in Dash

The "Unsupported hardware" warning in Dash's virtual desktop is rather big and obscures lower part of the desktop, making it awkward to peek "over" the warning.

Moreover, there does not seem to be currently a way to dismiss the warning. It would be great if there were, otherwise I need to start going back to hardware description file hacking, because it is very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base