Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Issue: mouse pointer speed doubles while Rift desktop app is open

When I start Oculus app (without using Rift), my mouse pointer starts moving about twice as fast. As soon as I close it, the mouse goes back to normal.

It should be noted that I am using Mouse Without Borders app and it only happens when moving mouse in remote mode. When I am using physical mouse, its speed is the same whether Oculus app is open or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Steam Desktop Bugging

The desktop function in SteamVR is really buggy since the update to oculus home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cord Tangling... NO MORE!

Like the one in Racket: NX. Check the attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow launching of installed apps from the Store

When browsing store listings, it would be useful, for installed apps, to be able to launch them there and then, instead of having to go to the library.

There have been a number of times when I've been browsing the store that I decided to stop browsing, and have wanted to launch an installed game there and then.

Currently the user has to go to the library, and find the game they want to launch. This takes longer, as the user was already on the app / game they wanted to launch when browsing the store.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Standard 3D navigator for the editor.

Give objects the standard 3d compass to move and rotate precisely on a specific axis. Including a snap measurement for even more precision.

Would also be nice to be a giant while editing your home from outside/above.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Desktop window hides Dash window - make the "center stage" dash window jut upward

The desktop window hides whatever dash window/app has been set in the "center stage" area that's marked with a diamond. It could be useful to have that dash app jut upward, like a card emerging from a pack of cards, in order to be able to interact with it without having to constantly close and open the desktop window.

This seems especially useful because whatever has taken that "center stage" is probably more important than the stuff dashed to the sides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tabbed teared out window

allow tab on tear out window to make it more compact, especially when its a pinned window and allow switch tab on pointed app outside of dash with Oculus button + left analog left/right direction

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include an option to reset games

Can you add some way to either reset whatever game you're playing back to the start from the Home/Dash, for those times when you've shown a friend your game before playing it yourself but actually want to play the thing from the start now, or basically make it a requirement that developers actually include this in their games by default, which really should be standard feature/option in pretty much every single game on every platform in this day and age.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please stop the Library Page Loading with Windows and Make it Selectable

Please Please make Oculus manually enable-able i am fed up with the library page opening with windows, i know i can disconnect the headset but i don't want to have to so i don't get annoyed, it must be easy to do and the library page is great but i want to look at it when i want too not every windows boot, there must be a simple software update to allow Oculus to be enabled / disabled?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More blimps

The RC blimp item in Oculus Home is pretty neat. I thought it was really cool flying it around, getting a close look at it going by, bumping it gently into walls and punching it gently with the hand not holding the remote control.

Some minor disappointments are that it has like a bunch of attitude jets that don't fire when it turns, nor do all the running lights or TV screens on it work, and the tethered cabin is basically attached on rigid sticks.

Still, I think it would be worth spending a little effort to polish this and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mouse click inaccurate/unusable in Desktop app

When using desktop anywhere inside oculus, my mouse click is extremely inaccurate (most of the times the clicks happen a few inches high and to the left of where I'm pointing), making clicking on anything almost impossible. How can I fix this?

Running Windows 10, ryzen 7 1700 and NVidia gtx 1070ti. Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 50 51 52 54 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base