Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Monitoring Work place & environment

Would like to have a tech room / environment, where you could have a company NOC, monitoring system and network status!

With on wall screens that can be customized to display VLC/RDP sessions, different WEB pages that are refreshed at an regular interval.

VT terminal emulator sessions would also be nice.

/J

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow distance adjustment of the curved snap grid

I use my desktop via Dash A LOT, and I switch between VR apps and using the desktop frequently. One of the most inconvenient thing about it for me is that I find the curved snap grid to be too close to my face. I keep having to lean forward and double-tap the Home button to reposition the snap grid then sit back to my normal position so the desktop is at a comfortable distance.

It would be great if the distance of the curved snap grid is configurable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Home - Basic pre-sets for starters

I would like to see basic pre-sets, which can then be tweaked in terms of floor and decor.
    (unfortunately not all are creative or are limited by time!)

Basic start points:
    - office room
    - student bedroom
    - luxury loft
    - grand bookshelf lined, with large fireplace (Batman mansion type)
    - trading room -multi screen setup
    - etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow windows apps to be pinned to screens

Allow other windows apps (Pandora, plex, etc...) To be pinned to the new screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make cursour visible in the embeded windows in your home.

right now, mouse coursor isn't visible in windows embeded in the home. tested with all of the screens

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to share files or photos in home

With the addition of guests in your home, it would be good to be able to share files/photo with quests you have in your home, and they have the ability to save the file locally to their PC.

I have some old photos of me and my friend that I would like to be able to "pass to him" in VR and he should have the ability to save them locally on his PC.

This would be a very useful Social interaction ability

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Movie streaming sites such as Vudu will not stream to Oculus Rift With Rift Core (via programs like Bigscreen)

Due to, I assume, HDCP issues Rift Core 2.0 and dash cause sites like Vudu to not allow movies to be streamed to the headset using programs like Big Screen and Virtual Desktop. Watching these movies are my primary use case for my rift.

I opted out of the Rift Core beta and went back to the default home and streaming began working fine so the new Rift Core and Dash broke it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Widescreen Arcade Special Item

Widescreen Arcade Special Item
    I am loving the 4:3 arcade machines that you have added, but I think it would be great to also have 16:9/widescreen machines for more recent games (Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, DBFZ, etc). Even if they used the same skins and height as that ones that are currently available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. be able to make it like you are in real life but with a AR headset

It would be cool to be able to get in the gifts actual gadgets such as the Microsoft hololens and various smart gadgets like Alexa, also a prominent voice recognition software would be good too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scroll/Stretch Dash bar

We should be able to scroll the dash bar left to right, or even stretch it to make it wider or 1 row taller.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Core 2.0 Beta causes disconnect of force feedback racing wheel

I've found that I'm unable to use my force feedback logitech g25 steering wheel while the rift is powered, this is only present while the option for using core 2.0 beta is enabled, switching back to old oculus home solves the issue.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Robo Recall controls option

Robo Recall did such an amazing job with object interaction and teleportation, specifically.

The objects in the game are much easier to grab than in Home (have to point in Home, where Recall requires less precision). I spend a lot of time in Recall just tossing around the mug because it feels so amazing.

And the teleportation tuning in Recall is much better in that there is a smaller deadzone with the Touch thumbstick so it's easier to land the angle that I want than the way Home's teleportation is tuned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Confirmation before resetting Oculus tracking

I often go into the option to turn on / off the guardian walls. I have found that I often mistakenly click the button to reset tracking - which is a real pain. A confirmation prompt for this would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to reset view to default entry point

Like reset view, but takes you back to your default entry point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mirroring audio with Core 2.0 won't work with Dash open or a window pinned to game

Windows 10 64bit | Oculus Core 2 (Dash etc) | Elgato HD60 capture card

Set windows audio to Elgato HD60 capture card. Set Oculus Home to mirror audio

I can get audio out of my Rift headphones and Elgato when not using Core 2.0 beta, or when Dash is closed. But if Dash is open or if I have any windows pinned, the sound will not be sent out to the external mirrored device (Elgato). Removing the pinned window causes the sound to work again.

Want the Dash features to see Twitch chat but its useless if can't send to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ability to build home outside of VR / Isometric view

The ability to build the home room through a standared 2D screen from an isometric view (sims or theme hospital styke)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Dash Theme

It would be nice to change the dash, move pieces around, have 2+ dashes, have sideways dash, and be able to choose different buttons for the dash and reorganize them. Changing the overall theme, texture, color, and opacity of everything in it would be cool too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Oculus rift no longer functional with Rift Core 2.0?

Having trouble using my rift with the beta version now. Used the new home feature for months. Recently my rift displays would no longer light up. I had an orange light in the headset and when the proxy sensor was triggered the orange light would go away but the white light would not come on. I tried to go through setup though it kept giving me a hardware failure and couldnt complete. I was also having sensor tracking issues. (stuttering, jitteryness, flashing white etc). After spending an hour reseating cables, turning off overclocks etc I finally ran the setup/repair again.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Points instead of random stuff

It would be nice to get points from using VR to spend on furniture and items instead of a RNG system. The points could be spent in an in home store.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base