Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Automatically tear out favorited windows app

automatically tear out a favorite app would be nice so its easier to manage the app, like discord and music player

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to move the app to the taskbar like steam does.

So we dont have to close and open the app every time we want to play vr games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Library: When "including Not Installed", I no longer have no idea which ones are installed.

In my Library, under each title is some sort of timeframe "5 hours ago", "a day ago" etc. 1) I have no idea what this really refers to, 2) and it seems to have replaced valuable information which is whether or not an app is installed. Now it's very difficult to discern "hey I want to play that right now, but I better install it first".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Descriptions on Achievments / Way to view all achievments

Currently when you hang achievements on your wall it doesn't show the description for them anywhere. So your friends visit but have no idea what they are for. Being able to select it to see the description would be helpful instead of just the title.

Also there is no way to see the achievements for a game except for the physical objects you have unlocked. I'm currently trying to get all of them for The Climb and have to take off my headset, load up Oculus on my desktop, then go to user then click on my name then go…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VR ready keyboard and mouse

New hardware. A keyboard which can be tracked and, using cap sense or other technology, knows which keys you are touching even if not typing. I am a good typist, but learned how much I cheat and look at my hands when I started doing VR because I have to look out the ***** in the bottom of the headset to see where my hands are. Let us look down in VR space and find the keys to help maintain the immersion. For that matter, same thing with the mouse.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow us to turn off the ugly and annoying fade to white during teleport.

It's so annoying, I'm going to have to quit using the new Oculus Home :(

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Oculus Desktop 90 FPS

Right now Oculus Desktop is running at the same frame rate as my monitor. Would it be possible to somehow run Windows 10 at 90fps? By creating a separate virtual screen perhaps?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Greater support for XBox controller

Dash needs greater support for the Xbox controller. Not a big ask given that, for a number of years, Oculus Rift shipped with an Xbox controller. Also many players have and will continue to use a game pad in VR as it is very easy and more than adequate. For example, in Elite Dangerous (one of the games Oculus featured in its Dash launch) Touch is not fully supported and clumsy. An Xbox controller is ideal for the game.

IMO Dash needs at least the following Xbox controller support to be really useful for many VR gamers:

(a) The ability…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teleporting System like RecRoom

I really feel like the teleporting system in RecRoom is the best, and should be adopted by all vr games, or at least given an option to make it that way.

This system involves either controller's face button one being pressed to teleport, then swiping left and right on the joysticks to rotate 90 degrees. This system is way easier to use then what is currently in place, and really should be an option to use.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chat and Notifications

SOrt of how SteamVR does notifications. Several times been in a game messing around and didnt see or hear notifications from friends (invites and such). Having a chat function as well as a notification popup(toggle-able)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The tropical environment could use a couple of changes.

The ship that sails past in the background is moving way too fast, and it doesnt make sense to have a roaring log fire in the middle of a hot sunny day, it should be swapped out for a nice water fountain or something when that environment is loaded.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve game speed disable mirror of the game running on desktop

Is there a way to disable mirror of the game to improve game performance in VR? I have noticed since beta update you can shrink the screen now which is a bonus!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Environment Options and control strip

Control Strip: Please give it some depth. Currently looks like a flimsy strip of unrolled paper. Either a slight thickness and/or a dark base frame.
    Environments: Please more options for darker walls, floors and ceilings. Also, I love the planetary orrery theme - but, it is too bright/harsh on the eyes (due to proximity of central star). Something more toned down would be nice. Other environment ideas - Planetary ring base station (like orbiting around Saturn), alien planet surface, Grand-Canyon cliff house, ocean scene (like "The Blu"), tropical beach with gentle waves, Evening jungle/rain-forest. I would prefer lower light levels,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More blimps

The RC blimp item in Oculus Home is pretty neat. I thought it was really cool flying it around, getting a close look at it going by, bumping it gently into walls and punching it gently with the hand not holding the remote control.

Some minor disappointments are that it has like a bunch of attitude jets that don't fire when it turns, nor do all the running lights or TV screens on it work, and the tethered cabin is basically attached on rigid sticks.

Still, I think it would be worth spending a little effort to polish this and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Facebook Spaces avatars in Home or vice versa

I know they are going to redesign the avatars we use in Home next year, but I think it'd be nice if we had the option to bring our avatars over from Facebook Spaces OR Home avatars into Spaces so that we have some consistency in the VR world. Would be nice to know that I always look the same instead of two very different looking avatars depending on what app you're in. I don't know. Just a thought. :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UN-toggle the ALT key when keyboard is closed

When the Dash keyboard is open, I'll sometimes use ALT+TAB, but often forget to un-toggle ALT, and it will cause problems all over the place. Please make it so that closing the keyboard will un-toggle the ALT key, as it will remain even if you remove the headset and go back to using your IRL keyboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enchanced clock settings.

Can they add extra features to clock, like timer, stop watch and alarm?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Library: Navigating to an app's Details no longer shows me information about Sitting/Standing and input methods.

Previously, navigating to an app's details would take me to the store listing which listed a bunch of valuable information that I liked to know in order to decide what I want to play, and how it is best played. Mainly Sitting vs Standing, Touch vs Gamepad, etc. Now it shows a new panel on the right showing playtime, install location etc. This new panel is also valuable information, but I would love to once again have a way to easily see the store listing (or at least the aforementioned important information) from an app in the library.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Communication radio with public channels

A Communication radio (Voice)

Have like 24 local channels, for which you then can adjust different range or sub channels, squelch and other functions (On/Off,Volume)
    One to Many (Chat)

Or maybe a Ham Radio!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [bug] Mouse pointer can be moved into the virtual monitor and difficult to get back.

Moving the mouse pointer off the Windows desktop via the bottom-right corner of the screen, causes pointer to be lost. Only way to get it back is to sign-off & back on again. I assume this is related to the virtual monitor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base