Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Please add Singapore to your list of supported countries

I recently purchased the Rift S through Amazon. Everything is working swell but it turns out that you don’t officially support my country so I can’t buy replacements of accessories directly from you only third party accessories via other means.

This is a huge disappointment for me, I hope that you can expand your support to my county and perhaps neighboring countries in the region too!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Height Adjustment

Please give us an option that allows us to adjust our height, like a slider or a TextBox to specify a height. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home after along day is standing for hours playing a 100+ hour game like Fallout4VR. Many games are perfectly playable and, in fact, more enjoyable, playing seated, but in many games I'm currently as tall as a child.

Please, please give us a height setting.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open source the CV1

The DK1 and DK2 were each opensourced after they were discontinued. This has allowed people to continue repairing, modifying, and experimenting with them. They do things they would never do with their current headset.

As the CV1 is now discontinued and people are switching to the Rift S and Quest as their primary HMD, its time the CV1 is opensourced. This could open up a fresh wave of experimentation and modification to breathe more innovation into the still fledgling VR community. Additionally it will allow the community to find solutions to problems with their out of warranty CV1s to keep…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Passthrough for first 10 seconds after putting on headset (add as an optional setting)

As a Rift S user, I would like to put on my headset and immediately see the room via pass-through for about 10 seconds so I can find my headphones and touch controllers.

The double touch oculus button is a great feature for turning on passthrough, but.. you have to already have the controllers in your hand!

If you're like me, you put on the rift s, then fumble around blind trying to find where on your desk your controllers/headphones are. An auto pass-through for 10 seconds would REALLY be helpful and a great use of the pass-through technology

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create profiles that allow to save "floor height" for different people.

I am sharing my Oculus with my 8 year old son. I am 6'6" and he is not as tall yet. each time we need to change height settings.
    We need some kind of profiles for the same account that can be easily switched between

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give option to save the Dash panel layout.

Every time I start Oculus, only the "Explore" panel appears, which I barely use at all. Every single time I need to set up my own layout, reopen, resize, and reposition every panel that I usually use. It can be a real drag. Just let us save our own layouts please.
    In fact, that should have been the "Pin to Experience" buttons function in the first place.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve your customer support. From what i see on literally every site its awful and im saying this because I love Oculus and would hate to

Improve your customer support. From what i see on literally every site its awful and im saying this because I love Oculus and would hate to

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop the rift s controllers from going to sleep when placed in a gun stock.

The controllers go to sleep almost immediately after being placed in a gunstock and require constant movement to keep them active. This is quite a ridiculous problem to have as a lot of users have gunstocks. Please give the option to users like myself that have rechargable batteries the option to turn of the battery saving features on the controllers so we can play first person shooters the way they were meant to be played.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Function to dim lights, brightness or Night Mode

There seem to be missing a dim lights or Night mode function on Oculus Rift S. Looks like the Quest have this function, then why does the Rift S not?

I think it could be more comfortable to have this possibility feature, to not be overexposted to strong constant lighting all the time.

Just like on phones you can adjust the lighting etc. and for casual games later afternoon / at night, it is not normal to be exposed to strong bright and blue light.

It seems not to be hard to add this, but please at least put it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rift S Needs To Offer Far More Control Via Advanced Settings.

Control over the entire Rift S experience is incredibly restrictive and lacklustre. We need way more options! I.E. mapping gamepad buttons,choosing gamepad modes such as: Game mode, Controller/U.I mode, or Dash mode. Let us unpair peripherals in Settings. Turning off head tracking as a mouse pointer when using Virtual Desktop, too! That's what the Touch controllers are for... Advanced settings of all sorts are simply and frustratingly missing!

Take some pages out of Steam's book. I have to use SteamVR to play pancake games in Virtual Desktop with a gamepad. Oculus automatically forces my Xbox360 based gamepad to behave as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request: (Small) Improvements for Oculus Dash Virtual Desktop

I really, really like the virtual desktop environment that comes for free in the Oculus Dash environment. Thank you for including it.

There is some functionality, however, that I think would make it more useful and reduce friction in repeated uses. These items are:
    - When I have a single display up (Monitor 1 selected from the Dash menu), I can move that display around but when I attempt small adjustments from it's initial position it "snaps" back to the original position. Please change this behavior so if I move it up, over, or down by a small amount it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. making features cross compatible for quest and rift s

I think it would be a good idea if we can get all the quest features on rift s aswell it’s my understanding that they was released on the same day and share very similar hardware I don’t see why the quest is given more attention than the rift s considering oculus claim the rift s to be the gold standard so if that’s the case why is quest getting everything and rift s owners are left with nothing just bug fixes seem to me u favour quest owners more than rift s owners pull your finger out oculus get…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change Foam of the Rift S

It would be a good thing to be able to replace the Foam for some PU leather because the Foam is absorbing sweat and that's not really fun to pass between friends.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Double Guardian with height options

I would like to set up 2 Guardian walls. One would be lower; I'd be able to set the height. So say I set it for 3 feet. That Guardian would warn me of places I can't walk to. Then I'd have a 2nd full height Guardian that would be placed outside of the first.

The idea is, for those of us without a lot of space, often there's a bed or other low furniture that we can swing our arms over without any issue, but of course can't walk through. Right now I have to set the Guardian at…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. An option to turn off touch controller vibrations

I understand the idea of them to add immersion, but I would love to have an option to turn of the vibrations for the controllers. Many times in my opinion they would get in the way of what I'm doing or get distracting while I'm doing something in game. It also uses absurd amounts of battery especially in a game like Beat Saber where literally every time you hit a note, it vibrates not to mention all the other occasions where it would vibrate when the sabers touch anything for that matter. So I would really appreciate an option to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Extend screentshots to support 360 capture

You have support for screen capture in the dash, but can we please extend that to produce a 360 image. Then allow us to import them as backgrounds in home. I also have a vested interest, that I would like people to be able to use them in my Jigsaw 360 game.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base