Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Open source the CV1

The DK1 and DK2 were each opensourced after they were discontinued. This has allowed people to continue repairing, modifying, and experimenting with them. They do things they would never do with their current headset.

As the CV1 is now discontinued and people are switching to the Rift S and Quest as their primary HMD, its time the CV1 is opensourced. This could open up a fresh wave of experimentation and modification to breathe more innovation into the still fledgling VR community. Additionally it will allow the community to find solutions to problems with their out of warranty CV1s to keep…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blacks are milky grays on all LED HMDs when brightness is not 0

Example: The sky in Dark city background of Go is washed gray when brightness is not 0.

It looks as simultaneous control of backlight + brightness, as legacy of OLED screens with no backlight.

Maybe to increase gamma could fix this common problem too.

This does not happens only in S and Go, also in Mixed reality LED and Index.

Maybe a better dynamic contrast could help too, or to change color space

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow native streaming to Twitch.TV via Dash

Rift can already stream to Facebook via Dash, so it should be possible to add a button to allow us to stream to Twitch.TV (of course we would need to connect our Twitch account to Oculus).

Additionally, with the recent Facebook Portal and Amazon Alexa collaboration, I don't see why Oculus can't collaborate with Amazon Twitch.TV (since Amazon owns them).

This would be a very useful feature that would instantly increase the brand awareness of the Oculus platform !

Thanks !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offline Installer

Create an offline installer/driver of your oculus. Repairing it means redownloading everything and it takes long for people who doesn't have fast internet

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the 3.0 flaw on multible mother boards.

This has been a major issues of top end and low end machines and many manufacturers and brands. Please fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cable extension options

As of right now me and my roommate both really want to use the a rift s, but our rigs are close together so to make this even viable for either of us we would need more then four metres of cable so that he and I can both use the rift s in a confortable play erea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improved Controllers with integrated cameras for better tracking

I really like the inside out tracking of the Rift S. But every time the controllers are not in front of the headset, for example behind your back, they are not tracked. This is a serious problem for some games. So if it is technical possible, my idea is to integrate one ore two cameras into each controller. With this the tracking would be greatly improved without external sensors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create Gift Card item in Game store

Create the option to purchase credits or a gift card that can be transferable to a user -- I don't necessarily know what game my friend wants but I know he wants to buy a new game!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full finger tracking?

After the release of the valve index, and more importantly the knuckles controllers, what are your plans to meet this new bar?

I don't have anything in mind, just I would like something similar to the knuckles just not as large and cumbersome. More oculus. I think this would greatly increase support for your headsets as well as the already successful oculus quest as if you were to design the controller's, I would be compatible with the quest and rift s.

Actually, I have one idea... a tracking ring around the wrist, visible at almost all angles!

A complicated idea…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make guardian system walls velocity based as well as proximity based

At the moment, both swing an axe at mach 4 and waving to a friend are given the same priority of guardian warning, if you were to activate the warning system by velocity and direction, it would allow for an earlier warning for those playing. Obviously also keep the previous system active as well, but have this active at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to change brightness/contrast/saturation of the Oculus Rift S

Some games on the Rift S are too bright and it would be great to be able to lower the brightness of the Rift S to increase comfortable playtime.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom imported objects was an awesome update! Now let us share them with others.

Finally allowing us to create and import custom made objects into home was a great step into making our VR homes truly unique. Now you should add some sort of community section for sharing those objects. Some people aren't that technically inclined/artistic or simply don't have time for the hours of work it takes, but allowing them to easily download awesome content from other users who are and do is a must. Personally I'd love to share some of the objects I've made already with other users. Like Longclaw (jon snows sword from GOT) and I'd love to see what…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Trade in discount

I have been recommended to post this by the support staff, Is there a chance in the future for a trade policy? If we give our old oculus rifts in with sensors controllers, to get a discount for the oculus rift s? maybe 50% off or 25% off?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To translate and dub games to spanish

Context:

ALL the movies are dubbed to Spain-spanish from almost a century ago.

Before PS One, Sega and Nintendo did'nt translated subtitles of the games. Childs playing randomly without understand the story.

Then PS One arrived and smashed his competency. Nintendo 64 with untranslated games.

Sony translates and dubs all the games from PSX launch.Then PS third parties too with exceptions.

Spain is one of the most Sony lovers countries of the world. Later Microsoft arrived translating and dubbing too.

I hate GTAs because need to read translated subtitles while characters speak in english. I want to drive while understand…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add prize box rewards for spending time in Oculus Home, not just in other Apps/Games.

Currently time spent in Oculus Home does not earn you prize box rewards... increasingly, Home is becoming a social hub where I meet people, meet up with friends, share ideas and home designs, even watch videos and play little Home-created mini games. However no prize rewards are giving for the time we spend hanging out in Home, we only get prizes boxes for launching into other apps. Give Home the credit it deserves, and offer rewards for it just like other apps.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Using PC speaker to play back low frequency sound for Rift S

As people keep giving feedback on the lack of low frequency of the Rift S build in audio, can the Oculus driver has a setting for the low-frequency sound coming from the PC speaker too? As I understand people have the least directional preception for low-frequency sound that's why we only need one subwoofer. Having this should much fix the issue. Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ahhh sweet transparency.

I'd like vd pullout panels with transparency so I can game and watch videos at the same time or keep up with my stream etc easier without the pinned window getting In the way.

I'd also like to pin windows and still be able to use them (as an option) but only by touch not laser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display port not connecting!

Fix the DisplayPort not connecting issue.!! This was my first purchase. Returning it tomorrow and will never buy your product again. I use flight and racing sims and this was my first VR purchase. If it would have gone well, I would have been a regularly upgrading customer. You know what they say about first impressions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Local Setup Files

Hi, i' d prefer a local downloaded installer rather than the momentary webinstallation. It would help cutting down the download time and speed up the installation process in case of any problems like the "no display port connection" problem. And i am sure that it is even possible to release a update for both the installed app and the setup.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show wrist-watch even when Dashboard isn't up

The wrist-watch is a cool way to see the time, but it currently only shows up when the Dashboard is up, and Dashboard already shows the time. It would be a lot more useful to be able to be able to see the time even when the Dashboard isn't up.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base