Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backup of the saved progress for any game, in the could or not

Every now and then, for many reasons, most people needs to reinstall Windows. And every time there precious things done in the Oculus titles are lost forever. Please, add a simple system to backup and restore not only the games but also the progress made in any title played. Another plus, a good feature, could be to choose between a backup in the cloud or in the personal hard disk. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text Messages

Please give us the possibility to send text messages to our friends. Not always they are online or if they are online may be can't receive a call. Having the possibility to send text messages when they are online or offline would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STOP demanding Facebook login

STOP insisting that I login with a Facebook profile in order to use oculus friends or chat services - or wasn’t a requirement before, and we weren’t noticed before buying the newer Rift S - so either stop the blowsy requirement or give us our money back! I would much rather go with another vendor than create and sign in using Facebook

Funny note: when I had Facebook, I noticed that the Facebook corporation were spying on me - this you could theorise wether this is deliberately being done as corporate espionage - and now you FORCE people to login…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Social connection via Oculus platform

Oculus keep aligning functions to Facebook and not allowing these other functionality to work outside of Facebook. This needs to be removed and allow people to connect via the platform without Facebook. this is a function that has been in use for many years and with one update now your ability to connect outside of Facebook is gone. Please let me know if there is a work around for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Game sharing so that houses with multiple headsets like me can share games and not have to rebuy them all

I have a 2nd oculus rift now and it would be cool to share games that I have spent loads of money on to not have to rebuy them all. It did cost a lot of money to get my library as big as it is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. possibility to create own groups in Oculus Software Library to organize the titles

I miss the possibility to organize the purchased SW titles into my own Groups.
    In other libraries like steam this is possible.
    Meanwhile i have a lot of titles in my Oculus library and i miss this feature more and more ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rift S display improvements.

The Rift s is great and I'm enjoying it, but being someone with glasses I have a few ideas.

First off, mechanical IPD adjustment is a big one.

If you have 2 displays for IPD adjustment, adding the ability to independently adjust distance of eatch lense will also be good for people with eyes that have different prescriptions.

(This is radical) flexible lenses that can be manipulated in thickness to accommodate prescriptions, so basically small changes to the shape to match basic prescriptions and dile in comfort. Crazy one but not impossible, the lenses would need to be made of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. HDMI for Rift S

Oculus needs to be up front about requiring a video port on your computer. Really frustrated after buying the Rift S only to find out, during setup, that it does not use HDMI. My PC checked out with all of the software specs and there was no mention of a videoport requirement. AND there is no work-around whatsoever. So I have to return it. Most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in the gaming industry.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Foveated Rendering

Could we add the option for foveated rendering with the rift-s? This render mechanism is available with Turing based - gpu's and can greatly improve the frame rate within the vr environment by rendering the edge of the scene at a lower resolution than the centre.

This is generally unnoticeable in use, and with my setup, on a now defunct Pimax headset, turning on foveated rendering gave me an immediate 10fps frame increase at zero extra cost. That's got to be a winner!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full body tracking!

I would love to see a good, pure oculus way to track the waist and legs. There are a lot more games that can utilize this feature, and maybe having some tracking modules would be the way to go.

You might already have this in the works, but I could find its, or you might not want to take it in that direction at all. But there is a large group, myself included, that would love this feature.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better support

I feel like consumers are being used as beta testers for the Rift S. My son waited days for a reply from Oculus support. He followed all instructions and the last instructions her received crashed his desktop and corrupted his hard drive. He's had to wipe everything.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow connecting 2 headsets and multiplayer mode on home

I would be nice to connect 2 headesets on the same PC and play together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would it be possible to create a means to enable keyboard hot key assignment to toggle Passthrough+ in the Rift S in addition to using the b

Would it be possible to create a means to enable keyboard hot key assignment to toggle Passthrough+ in the Rift S in addition to using the button on the controller?

I use the Rift S in several flight simulators such as P3D and DCS and do not use the hand controllers since I have all high hardware which is much more realistic to fly with compared to hands with controllers unsupported in the air.. It is very difficult and not practical to switch and find the hand controller and then orientate it so I can push the button and so…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improved Controllers with integrated cameras for better tracking

I really like the inside out tracking of the Rift S. But every time the controllers are not in front of the headset, for example behind your back, they are not tracked. This is a serious problem for some games. So if it is technical possible, my idea is to integrate one ore two cameras into each controller. With this the tracking would be greatly improved without external sensors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Camera Smoothing for OculusMirror.exe

Motion sickness also exists for VR audiences. A lot of people report, that looking at footage with fast head movements can be quite nauseating for them. This effect is even more noticeable when looking at VR footage on a larger screen or a projector. The OculusMirror.exe already contains several settings to configure how to transform the stereo VR view for rendering on the main display.

The requested feature is an option to do some kind of image stabilization (maybe together with the --FovTanAngleMultiplier option), that smooths out fast, shaky motions. Both streaming and capturing VR content could benefit from such…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base