Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Idea “rivoluzionaria”

Salve,
    È da giorni che penso ad un idea Di business che io reputo “rivoluzionaria”
    Come posso esporla,senza aver paura che qualcuno mi rubi l idea,lasciandomi fuori dal progetto?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to manually set height.

If I want to sit when I'm interacting with Home, or with any of the demo programs, my POV is far too low. I'd like to be able to tell Oculus that I'm sitting and that I want my POV to be set for someone my height. Some games allow this, but I'd like it baked-in.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Augmented Reality for Work Productivity

Hello! I'm a content creator and artist that works from home. One of the things that convinced me to buy an Oculus Rift S was the ability to open up multiple windows from my desktop in VR and place them wherever I want. This is supremely useful, but unfortunately I am limited with what I can do with these, as I am blind to my actual workspace while wearing the headset.

One thing I believe would drastically improve this device is the option to use the cameras to see one's surroundings, just like one would do when setting up the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Telefon APP

Warum gibt es keine APP die mein Phone mit dem VR-Headset verbindet und wenn ein Anruf oder Textnachricht kommt gibts eine
    möglichkeit ohne das Headset abzunehmen (da es ja Kopfhörer und Mic hat) zu Telefonieren ?
    Nen Jingel alla Glöckchen als Benachrichtigung und die Menütaste gedrückt das Spiel pausiert und mit einer Auswahloption : telefonat Annehmen das wäre viel einfacher.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort out the mess with rift s stutter on loads of systems and allow firmware software rollbacks

Allow us to roll back versions that was stable cos the rift s atm for alot of ppl is unplayable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Vr gloves

So I had this amazing idea for Vt gloves. Yes instead of controllers you make gloves for more of a realistic touch to your amazing products. If you decide to implement this idea in your product please can I be sent an oculus rift and PC. Thank you for taking my idea into account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. brigntness and color hue control to save my eyes

this is a simple feature on most of electric device with a display, why rift s does not have it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add hand tracking to Rift S

quest and rift s use the same tracking there'sno reason to not lol

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Voice dictation

Typing in VR takes a long time and is super annoying. Adding a voice dictation button somewhere on the keyboard would make that process a whole lot easier, especially when communicating on chat apps without getting out of the VR headset.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Due to the corona virus and just some basic sanitations issues it is important that you address the use of the head set by multiple players

If multiple players use the same head set while playing the Oculus this raises a major concern in the possible unintentional spread of the covid virus as well as other sanitation issues. Can you please design ASAP a disposable mask of some sort the can act as a barrier between the use of the multiple players while using the Oculus Head set. The head set mask gets very sweaty and some form of proper sanitation needs to be put in place for the safety of the users. Thank you
    Sin, Angel Perez

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Worldwide Shipping please for the love of zucc it's been 4 years

WHY? JUST WHY are you still not shipping worldwide like any other normal company ffs? I supported the original kickstarter and I can't even buy the **** thing. I feel scammed. If I'd buy it from amazon or any other third party seller it would cost me double so a valve index kit would cost me the same as the quest 2 full kit where I live. This is bs. I've been waiting for almost 5 YEARS! I'M DONE!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Worldwide Shipping please for the love of zucc it's been 4 years

WHY? JUST WHY are you still not shipping worldwide like any other normal company ffs? I supported the original kickstarter and I can't even buy the **** thing. I feel scammed. If I'd buy it from amazon or any other third party seller it would cost me double so a valve index kit would cost me the same as the quest 2 full kit where I live. This is bs. I've been waiting for almost 5 YEARS! I'M DONE!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Your system is a piece of ****, maybe if i didn't have to constantly first time setup oculus I wouldnt be switching back to steams variant.

This systems a piece of that has constant failures due to its trash sensors and headsets. You've taught me a valuable lesson not to trust your products for some sanity in this *** world we already have to deal with in 2020. Icing on the cake.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deleting devices no longer owned straight from the app

I recently gave my friend my Rift S to a friend because I am getting the Oculus Quest 2. I no longer have the headset and I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM THE APP ON MY PHONE OR COMPUTER. Please give us the option to remove old hardware that is no longer owned from the app. For now, after much time spent with support, it is stuck on my app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable third party adapters

It would be great for laptop users that only have HDMI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Night Vision Function

I don't know how much it might add to the production cost, and therefore the final product cost, but I like that Occulus Rift S doesn't use lasers, or mounted things, extra boxes, or whatever to track. I like that it is just the goggles and controllers, and poof tracking and working.

However, I hate that it complains there's not enough light to track properly. I understand why there isn't, it's using cameras to track, but I hate that it can't track with dim lighting, or no lights at all.

I tend to use my Rift S at night, and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please continue to support new hardware. There are issues with the latest Nvidia drivers (451+)

The help desk suggested that I raise this issue here .

The latest range of nVidia drivers (451+, versions with the new GPU Scheduling feature) exhibit severe frame drops on AMD 3950x / x570 / 2080ti / Rift CV1 hardware.

v446.xx versions have better performance than the latest versions.

I currently get good performance with v446.14 but cannot play some new games because they insist on v451+ versions, and the oculus headset will no longer be useable.

Continued support of the latest hardware and drivers is critical as some recent games will not run if the latest video drivers are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Controller battery warning options

There needs to be a way to turn off the battery warning for touch controller's. Also, the option to turn off force to desktop if a battery dies?

There only needs one warning (if any), that the battery is low, also it should be far lower than (around), 20%. The constant warnings in game are incredibly annoying and way too soon

There is no option and it needs to be included in the next update as it is ruining my experiences and causing me stress

• Option to manually adjust battery warnings

• Option to manually adjust behavior when battery dies

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories