Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Import Ban of Oculus Products!

We are currently working on an import ban for electronic devices, without regulated supply of spare parts. This will all be done at the government level. Millions of users are left in the lurch with broken VR headsets. To stop this disaster, we want to enforce an import ban for all Oculus Products for Europe. Millions of users with broken Oculus Quest batteries and displays will no longer accept this scam. Even the availability of replacement cables is criticized for the Oculus Rift 1. This is an untenable situation and our environment and raw materials are destroyed. dawid@heftman.de

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about you fix it WHERE I CAN INSTAILL GAMES

PLEASE STOP SENDING ME TO SUPPORT FIX YOUR INSTAILLING GAMES, I GOT AN OCULUS FOR CHRISTMAS AND I WANT TO USE IT

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Motion compensation

Please implement a motion compensation option in your oculus software for motion simrig users. Pleeeeaaase.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Может ли обычный парень из России, осуществив свою идею в реальность ,верить в то ,что такая огромная фирма как Oculus сможет сотрудничать в

Здравствуйте,я обычный молодой человек из России.И с чем я столкнулся, я очень сильно люблю VR технологии ,я это понял после игры в одном из торговых центров своего города, после нескольких посещений , я понял ,что VR это начало чего то глобального ,того что изменит мир от ПК и смартфонов.Я начал изучать рынок и обучаться разработке игр и программ.Чтобы в будущем купить шлем и программировать для VR.Мне пришла гениальная идея которая в течении 5-7 лет появится и без меня ,но я хочу быть первым.единственное что я прошу не большой мотивации.Я задумался , что для реализации моей идеи VR шлем должен быть…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to add applications to dash bar which launch as panels

I would like to be able to add persistant options to the dash bar which would launch an application as a panel.
    Kind of like the way panels already works, but instead of having to choose an application which is already open, I could configure a path to an executable/shortcut.
    Also unlike existing panels (which disapear from the bar once they are closed / headset is shut down), these should be persistant shortcuts which I could access with one click

So in summary, we should be able to add a program shortcut to the bar, which persists after restart, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have an idea that merits more than just a comment on this page. I am working on developing a location to enhance vr into reality.

As I am still working on the patents and R&D for this. I would like to leave my email address, and assure you that this idea will connect the gaming world seamlessly into live sports. I should be ready to share within two weeks, once I’ve tested the pilot version. Please reach out because the direction of your technology has the most to gain from this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support original Rift users by letting them buy replacement controllers and accessories

Facebook did a great job providing accessories for the original Rift until recently. Now I can't buy a replacement controller or headset wire from the store. Wires are going for $150 on amazon. Is this because of manufacturing problems, or because Facebook decided to stop supporting Rift just three and a half years after launching oculus touch? Facebook: support your hardware for at least 10 years if possible!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A program to help people in nursing homes who do not have the ability to communicate with their care giver.

Having used the oculus for the last 2 years he came to me that this technology could be used to help elderly people who are incapacitated on able to speak or communicate with their care givers. A simple platform that would allow the person to wear a Headset and through the program and the use of just their eyes be able to answer simple questions yes or no things or things that they may want or need. My mom is in a nursing home in her late eighties and is totally in capacitated unable to speak or use her hands…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Left handed info apps/games

All games and apps in the store need to have information if the game/app support left handed dominance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Xbox compatibality

Make the headset compatible with Xbox like you did with pc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shipment fot more countries

Hello I live in Israel and I wanted to buy the Oculus Rift S but I saw that there is no shipment to Israel, actually there are nearly any countries to ship to

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More audio control for both Dashboard and Home

Please, please , please! Add audio controls for the music from the Dashboard! I cannot be on the desktop and listen to this music while watching a video from the desktop feed. Either I couldn't find it, which is bad, or its not there, which is ver very bad.

And from the Home, I can turn off the music but the ambiant sound his still there, so I turn off sfx but now I loose the interactions sound, these are not the same! Who is in charge of the audio over at Oculus!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hold Menu Button on the Controller for x seconds to access it (prevents accidentally opening up the oculus home screen)

How about implementing a Feature in the Options Menu to let's say "keep pressed the Oculus Home Button for at least 2 Seconds to activate the Menu"?

Same maybe for the left button (since this opens up Steam VR Settings).

I think this shouldn't be a big thing to implement and I guess I'm not the only person on earth with this "problem".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add controller calibration and customization options

I've recently run into a problem with my controllers where one of my grip buttons has physically malfunctioned so that it is slightly pressed in, about 15-20% of it's range. This causes problems with some games due to the fact that the entire range is needed for interactions, and it's causing the grip release to be lagged. I believe this problem, and others like it, could be fixed with a menu where you can calibrate and adjust deadzones on the sensitive parts of the controller, as full movement and precision is needed for nearly any action in vr controls.
    SteamVR…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ok, lets try this again...

I have already left a message once, now that I am reading into the ant+ standard and figuring out the components of the touch controller , I am hoping to start disecting the firmware depending on what programmer I need and when I get the parts to do it. The same chip exists in al three devices and the controllers could be used independantly with a firmware update. If you have no interest fine, but people have a right to repair, and considering that they can be purchased seperately, I think your business model is unfair. If I want to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base