Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow Dual PD (IPD Setting)

Most people have single PD and the current IPD setup works for them. I have Dual PD, meaning each eye has a different PD setting. Please allow the option to enable dual pupillary distance and to set those accordingly. If you need help understanding, please see this website: https://leoptique.com/blog/what-is-single-pd-or-dual-pd

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option in the Oculus software to power the controllers down.

The lights on the controllers blink when on standby, but I'd love to be able to click a button in the app to shut them off to keep them from blinking, which is a tad distracting for me while I'm doing other things, and save a *little* battery. I'd prefer not to give my computer a reach-around every time I want to turn the controllers off by unplugging the USB.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow family/multiple users.

Allow multiple users/family members to have their own profiles.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to disable to dimming on applications when opening dashboard.

Many artists use applications in VR to simulate travelling to real locations in order to practice their drawing skills (usually via a virtual desktop overlay running photoshop), but currently to do so, we need to use paid third party tools such as OVRdrop, as the dashboard and native virtual desktop dims the background notably. Having an option to disable or even adjust the amount the dashboard dims the background by would be a huge help to many oculus users who use the dash's native virtual desktop as often as I do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Your Support department is ****.

You ask a customer to provide you with receipts. Logs. Troubleshooting.

And then after that you ask them to do more work and pritn out a label and send it in the original box.

******** guys. get sued. I want all my money back .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to disable fade in/out from Oculus menu to/from game

I dislike the slow fade in/out from/to a game to Oculus Dash when entering/exiting Oculus Dash. It used to (a few months ago) be an instantaneous transition from the game to Oculus Dash, but now there is a fade in/out, which in my opinion is unnecessary and just takes up time. I'd very much like it if I could disable the fade in/out and simply have an instantaneous transition.
    Specifically I'm talking about games which Oculus Dash doesn't overlay, so it's an instantaneous transition from the game to the white grid room with Oculus Dash.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the left and right controler identification like in the qiest guardian. Also add the quest web browser to our dash

The quest identifies your controllers as left and right in the guardian system. Makes it much easier to grab them correctly. Also, add the web browser to our dash. Crazy this is missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add two-hand gestures to resize windows

Grabbing a screen with the second hand should allow you to resize the window horizontally or vertically.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow a total deactivation of guardian checks (tracking zone not found popup)

This is for all non-home solutions (optitrack tracking, sport equippement setup, sim racing, etc. )

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. a replacement face plate for rift S

I like to have a replacement faceplate with changeable padding.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upgraded halo that has over ear speakers and a tilt function for purchase

An upgraded halo that we can buy and swap out that offers over the ear speakers and a hinged lift design for the facial interface.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. App in the Home to read text messages from your phone

A simple In-Game App that is compatible with Android and iPhone that lets you hit the Oculus button while in game and read (and hopefully reply) Text messages without having to remove the headset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How is it possible EU counties are n ot able to buy oculus? its a shame in 2019....

How is it possible EU counties are n ot able to buy oculus?
    Its 2019
    I suggest you either ship worldwide, or find a resseler.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shipping to Brazil?

What about add shipment to Brazil? You already have an website in Portuguese, an option for switching the local to a brazilian one, why not ship the devices and its accessories to Brazil too? That would be amazing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Buying an app for the Go you shouldn't have to pay again for the Rift

I think if an app is available on more then one platform someone only needs to buy it once.
    If someone buys the Oculus Rift S why buy the Oculus Quest or Go if you would have to buy some games twice. Like "Spice and Wolf"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support for Family accounts, Library/Media Lab environments - Manage many devices from one account

I manage a VR Lab and am juggling accounts between a large number of Quests, Rifts, Rift S's, and Go's at the moment.

It would be great if I could manage these devices from one place, see what version of firmware they are running, make purchases on one account and license them out (or whatever) to as many devices as I am allowed.

Many university libraries are interested in keeping Oculus Go's (and to a lesser extent, Quests), on hand for students to explore the library of 360 content and educational experiences. Much of that content has been supported by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have the game files seprate from the Oculus App so when/if you need to re-install the oculus software, you do not have to re-download games.

Have the game files separate from the Oculus App, so when/if you need to re-install the oculus software you do not have to re-download all of the games. Its a waste of time with a standard internet connection, and an expense on a metered internet connection like I have. I think each game should show up separately in add/remove programs versus everything being under the oculus software as well. Its a ridged system where it should be flexible. Will it affect the majority of people, hopefully not, but it sure would be nice for those who do run into situations…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base