Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Touch or graphic displays that can be assigned to different home objects.

I really enjoy the retro gaming counsel in my home, but I would like to use different objects to either view games, collectables, or achievements that can be themed. Ex: Use a fantasy book to catalog your achievements. TVmonitors to view internet. Holographic displays for futuristic tables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Home 360 Pictures witch a Camera i can put in my Room

Home 360 Pictures witch a Camera i can put in my Room

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow us to optionally use the old Calibration and Loading Screen from before Dash.

The "Material" design of the new calibration experience feels flat, dull, and overly-technical compared to the original that was used during CV1 launch. The loading screen feels much the same. Please bring the old foggy'n'misty one back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Promotional Home Environments

As part of promoting experiences, make it easy for developers to create and distribute themed "Homes". Publish the standards for the vetting process to get them certified, and have an ambassador who can help devs with any issues they need assistance on during the process. In some cases, the themed Home environment can provide a demonstration of mechanics, art, and audio styles, letting the customer get a taste of what the experience will feel like before purchase. Themed homes can be part of a general promotional push, a reward for in experience activities, or even a "thank you" for making…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Faster console game launching and more options

I think launching a game from a console is a pretty neat idea. However, I would remove the step of placing the VR Mask over your head to make the process faster. Simply, put in the cartridge and pressing power should suffice.

Also Home is all about options, we should have more launching options for the games. Here are a few ideas.

Other launching options:
    - Mame style arcade box
    - Grabbing the game box and breaking it in half, shooting it with an arrow/gun or throwing it on the ground to break it open, launching the game.
    - Game…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Methods to Facilitate Multi-player Games

I would like the ability to indicate my interest in joining in a multi-player game without committing to that application (game) until the requisite number of players/teammates have responded in kind. Under this type of arrangement I would be able to start another application and then I would be notified (perhaps the active application would be paused) and then given the option to join in the multi-player game. In this scenario perhaps the current application could automatically save where I am at in that game/experience or offers this as an option.

I think it would great if I could indicate…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a RESTART button to the VR UI

When there is an update available, you shouldnt have to take the headset off and press a button on the desktop :(

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. standardise grab button.

you should be able to move DASH about similar to other items in oculus home, ie grab it with grab button, then use thumbstick to move it closer or further away etc. seems strange that some items move one way, and other more a different way.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Game server multi-player info

Lately using the rift is becoming a waste of time to play a multi-player game.

It would be nice to see if other players are already playing. For example, I load up Blazerush just to find nobody playing. OK load up Landfall just to sit there waiting for a multi-player game which never starts because there are no players. On to the next game. This goes on and on because there is no way to know if anyone is playing.

A little number on the game tile in Oculus Home would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency

Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency
    Currently if I have an item and get another one, it stays in the old location in All items, sorted by Newest. It should be based on the most recent version of that item, not the original. That way I could easily see/place all the new items I get, regardless of if I had some of them before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency

Currently if I have an item and get another one, it stays in the old location in All items, sorted by Newest. It should be based on the most recent version of that item, not the original. That way I could easily see/place all the new items I get, regardless of if I had some of them before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pick a single UI interaction method and focus on it.

Either have us interact with UI elements using our hands, or the laser points and buttons, then polish the UX for that. The current system of some controls only using one interaction method or the other, and some using both, is needlessly confusing and non-optimal.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Normal Furniture (worn maybe)

I would like to see some regular worn furniture in my Home and not only Victorian/Future Museum pieces.

my dream is, it to build an 80-90s themed room like mine back in the days :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Easy way to reset orientation

It would be good if there were a quick way from Dash to reset the sensor orientation. Something changed mine and I had a heck of a time getting it corrected.I posted this in the Oculus forum https://goo.gl/rV8CMg before finding this uservoice forum; my bad.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug Doom VFR only starts with Classic Home enabled

I know this game does not support the Rift... But this game only starts if Classic Home is enabled (otherwise it crashes before entering the main menu).

Maybe this is the case for other SteamVR games, too?

Usually I would tell the developer of the game to fix it, but since the Rift is not supported...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pulling Windows Desktop apps into VR should also work for Rift connected via Displayport to HDMI adapters

Users of certain gaming laptops (e.g. ASUS ROG G751JY) cannot operate their Rift via the HDMI output due to some technical limitation. However, the Rift works very well when connected using (certain) displayport to HDMI adapters. Since this is working I am quite sure there is no hardware limitation for Oculus Dash not being fully functional in this specific setup.

It seems that Graphic Drivers (Nvidia 390.65) do not recognize the Rift when connected via Displayport (=> HDMI) and therefore the virtual "Nvidia VR-DESKTOP" display device is not created when connecting the Rift.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Real life rex

Have a buildable rex or other types of robots that can offer you objects and start mini games.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. can we have a text to speech functionality integrated in dash?

...or just integrate the Windows one in Dash

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't take over my world (home) with the Loader Screen when I launch an app.

Don't take over my world (home) with the Loader Screen when I launch an app.
    Let me stay with my Virtual Desktop (or just in Home) when I launch an app.

As it is now, after I launch an app, I immediately hit the Oculus home button and re-select my Virtual Desktop. I keep reading whatever website I have up while my game loads. When it's ready, I hit the home button again and play my game.

Standing around watching loading screens for no reason gets old pretty fast.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base