Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

689 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

2. Add Oculus Venues

Since we paid the most for your headsets, why does this have to be such a big deal. Just add Venues to Rift. We couldn't watch the oculus connect 5 livestream in VR.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Double Guardian with height options

I would like to set up 2 Guardian walls. One would be lower; I'd be able to set the height. So say I set it for 3 feet. That Guardian would warn me of places I can't walk to. Then I'd have a 2nd full height Guardian that would be placed outside of the first.

The idea is, for those of us without a lot of space, often there's a bed or other low furniture that we can swing our arms over without any issue, but of course can't walk through. Right now I have to set the Guardian at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Full body tracking!

I would love to see a good, pure oculus way to track the waist and legs. There are a lot more games that can utilize this feature, and maybe having some tracking modules would be the way to go.

You might already have this in the works, but I could find its, or you might not want to take it in that direction at all. But there is a large group, myself included, that would love this feature.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. create a setup mode that is not for first timers setting up the system but for experienced users

Create a setup mode that is not for first timers setting up the system but for experienced users.
    When you move around a lot and have to set up your system often it takes a long time and it is annoying to do it as if it was your first time. An "Experience Setup" mode or option would have the same outcome but it would take a fraction of the time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a Store for purchasing games on Facebook Horizon

In Facebook Horizon, have a store where you could purchase a copy of a licensed game(Monopoly, Risk, etc.). Then when you enter a party, as long as somebody has a copy of a licensed game, the group can play it. I could go to the store to purchase a board game, then my friends could come over and play it with me or I could bring it over to their house. It should be the same with Facebook Horizon, as this could be the first major VR social platform, with a company behind it with the resources to get large…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lower brightness of rift s helmet

I have much to you request add in settings slam Oculus opportunity lower brightness slam RIFT S.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Non-Human Avatar Options

The best part of VR is escaping my boring human existence... so why do I still have to look like a human? I can never even make the human avatar look like ME anyways, and it drives me crazy.

Robots, Monsters, Animal-People, all would be great to have as avatar options.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Text Messages

Please give us the possibility to send text messages to our friends. Not always they are online or if they are online may be can't receive a call. Having the possibility to send text messages when they are online or offline would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Link makes Rift S obsolete

Hello, I'm a launch day customer who purchased a Rift S through Amazon. I debated getting a Quest instead of the Rift S and choose the Rift S for it's full PC gaming library and freedom from reliance on a short battery life.

Oculus Link comes out in about a month which makes my Rift S look like a joke. If a Link can power a Quest and grant access to the same PC library as the Rift S, but also have the flexibility of playing Quest games wirelessly, I'm now stuck with an obviously inferior piece of hardware.

I'm…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remarks and requests for improvements.

The information shown for the Home.
    You indicate in the presentation the number of objects present, but for the creation what counts is the number of MB used. Why is it not indicated this essential information to the progress of creation?
    The library of applications.
    Why it is not possible to classify its applications: SIM, Car, Rollercoaster, art ..
    Instead we have a stack of applications without any logic and we must navigate from top to bottom to find its application.
    It would also be nice to have the possibility to block some applications by a code, especially when you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. increase the cord length of the oculus rift S, you made it a little longer than the original but it could still use 3-6 more feet

increase the cord length of the oculus rift S, you made it a little longer than the original but it could still use 3-6 more feet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back center

I don't know why this was removed. Now after you create a boundary you have to set the app to center. After the boundary is made and you put the rift s on in any other orentation other that your center, you have to recenter the app again. I also have the quest and you can easily hold the Oculus button for 2 seconds to recenter. you can't do this with rift s.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make updates work with anti-vir/firewall

Make it so that oculus software can update like it should and also the games should update without having to deactivate anti-vir/firewall.

so basically make a functionally program and not like every update you have to reinstall the whole sotware and apps that's ****.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. music controls for Spotify and other apps built into dash/menu screen

It would be convenient to have a little panel in the dash with music player controls for popular streaming services and local files, much like you get on the lock screen for your phone or in the Windows 10 Game Bar - much more convenient than having to pull up the desktop and find the app window just to pause or skip a track.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. a replacement face plate for rift S

I like to have a replacement faceplate with changeable padding.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't upgrade to Windows 10, keep windows 8.1 as minimum

Ok so some of you have noticed that Oculus will upgrade to Windows 10 as minimum, Me myself I can't afford Windows 10 because I still have 81.

Some are children who can't just ask their parents for them to buy windows 10.

This is really not ok for a bunch of Windows 8.1 users who can't upgrade their computers as for myself.

I might aswell head for HTC VIVE but I can't afford it and I can't get a refund, I won't be able to get a Windows 10 key by Oculus no matter how hard I try.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. movement

what if the vr remotes had location and be able to detect location, so in vr games that play with a set "safe area" that automatically makes you recalibrate everytime you turn your vr remotes on, so just simply start in the middle, walk to 1 wall while it starts, then walk back and towards the next wall that is horizontal of the player (right across from their current wall, code the game to register based off location register how far the player walk before they stop, marking a collision block, and keep walking to the middle, where it will…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base