Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Sell Rift CV1 ribbon cables for repair.

So, the Rift CV1 has major faults following the ribbon cable that provides audio to the right earpiece, and back IR LEDs.

Considering that this part is so small, and ribbon cables tend to be widely available for other hardware that use them, such as Sony products (Products known for being a pain to repair (And you can actually still buy ribbon cables from them either way,)) I think that Oculus should sell ribbon cables online.

I'd immediately buy at least 4 units of that part.

I am not changing my Rift CV1 for a Rift S, and I don't…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

I can no longer interact with my friends and family now that my headset cable kinked up due to normal use. During this pandemic Ive relied On my Oculus to chat with friends and family with VRChat. Keep Phyisically active playing Beat Saber but now I just for fortnite Thats an OOF I would upgrade to a RIftS but all sold out I would get a quest but sold out or Pay $200 - $300 Dollars extra to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add option to turn off haptics

Please add option to disable the haptics.. there are oculus only games that cannot be played because the option to turn off haptics is not there. On all steam games once the haptics are turned off the games run smooth with no issues.. so we need this option in order to further purchase oculus games.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. They only accept for the quest!

You think you have the power to ask but it's a lie! They don't care about us.

They only accept the quest. we on Rift S are forgotten they do nothing and accept nothing! They don't do anything on the Rift S they don't even listen to their users

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve Rift S

You must improve the Rift S.

Performance and graphics and especially settings. You only do the quest and you neglected and forgot the Rift S .. you only improved the quest !

We have too few settings! other brands, they are much more advanced .. we our poor Rift S is a little gadget ...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to change brightness/contrast/saturation of the Oculus Rift S

Some games on the Rift S are too bright and it would be great to be able to lower the brightness of the Rift S to increase comfortable playtime.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please bring us full Linux Support for both Users and Developers...

Windows 10 is not the only Operating System nor is it the best for everyone...

I'm aware this has been requested before but I'm afraid VR might go down the same path that Flat Screen Games went down for a very long time...

Linux has proven to be more optimized then Windows 10 making it a developer friendly system that even every day users have grown to love...

Currently the only HMD's on the market that natively support Linux is the Valve Index and the HTC Line up, the only issue is that most other VR platforms don't support Linux…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For those of us who have more than one oculus (I have 3) linking to Facebook is not a great idea!!!! What do you suggest?

For those of us who have more than one oculus (I have 3) linking to Facebook is not a great idea!!!! What do you suggest?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not require a Facebook account

I consider myself lucky as I did not connect Facebook at any time. I do not have a Facebook account either. :-). I bought the Rift before Facebook bought Occulus. I am basically being cohersed into Facebook and I am not having it. They are already adding new popouts when using their software asking me to sign in to Facebook.

As soon as Facebook require me to sing up for an account to continue to use my Rift it is eWaste.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a deal for those who own a Rift with a faulty cable, since it is nearly impossible to buy a new one.

The following is an email I sent to oculus support, not knowing that this site even existed.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:03:16 PM PDT

So I'm sure you already know what the issue is. I have sent in an email before about it, but today I propose a different idea.
    Yes. I know I am some random person on the internet and obviously know a lot less about business than probably everyone who works at oculus, but there is one thing I understand that you probably do as well. Public relations and ethics.

Before I continue, I am going to recap…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. purchased beatsaber for rift s, then found out within less than a month rift s is EOL. Purchase quest2 , but cannot use beatsaber on it.

I purchase rifts, then purchased beatsaber software, then found out within days that rift s was End of Life.

So I purchased quest2 headset. But found I can use the beatsaber software on it.

I’ve sold the rift s and wish to transfer the purchase of the beatsaber software to the quest2 version.

You should really look at your policies on end of lifing hardware especially seeing I only just purchased Rift S and Beat Saber within the last couple of months and now advised they are end of life and have to purchase new hardware and new software, bad…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Focus more on the Rift platform

I purchased my Rift S a few weeks ago and I love it. I took me a long time to decide which of the 2 headsets to get (Rift S or Quest). I ended up on the Rift S because it was supposed to be the best headset for PC gaming and that was what I was going to use it for.

Ever since I bought it I've noticed that the Quest is the only headset that is getting good updates. In not too long, the Quest will have hand tracking. Not that this is essential, but it would be…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a version of Rift S with hardware IPD slider, for those with IPD issues.

The rift S is clearly a product many are interested in, but for some of us the IPD limit is an issue.
    I am sure many of us with ipd issues would love a version of the rift s, that might be more expensive but would have IPD slider.
    Then the normal Rift S could be left as it is, and the more expensive with ipd slider for those that cannot use the normal rift s.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please start making the CV-1 headset cable again

Mine has broken and they are hard to afford right now and i just want to play my oculus but now i will have to spend about $80 before shipping for a cord before i can use my vr again. Just want it more affordable for the average joe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Customer Service to Address Facebook Account Mapping Issues

Users are encountering numerous issues merging their Oculus accounts with Facebook accounts. Two of the most common are incorrect Oculus accounts mapped to a Facebook account and incorrect Facebook accounts mapped to Oculus accounts.

Additionally, users should be able to choose the facebook account they want to merge with when prompted. I am currently stuck in the mid-merge state since an incorrect Facebook account had been used on one of my headsets in June. That account was linked with the Oculus account but I am provided no option to indicate that a different account should be used in the merge…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ENABLE CROSSPLAY FOR ALL OCULUS TITLES.

Makes 0 sense that i lose all of my games that are crossplay compatible when i buy a new headset. No other game company would do this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am an Artist and Musician working in VR and it has occured to me that users need an EYEBALL CLICK button.

Headsets need an EYEBALL CLICK button. Here's how it works. The headset should have two cameras on the outside of the set. When the user activates the EYEBALL CLICK button in side VR the two cameras cut in sending video from the real world to the person inside VR so they can see through their headset gear without taking off all their gear. When they want to go back into VR they press a button somewhere and VR resumes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a oculus controllers like valve index controllers

The valve index has all finger tracking controllers and I think it would be a good idea for you guys to make something like that and make it available in all regions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gift cards and gift certificates! (And yes, already voted for the other similar suggestions.)

Gift cards and gift certificates! (And yes, already voted for the other similar suggestions.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)