Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Wristwatch Button Customization + Keyboard key macro on the wrist

--Wristwatch Customization

The wristwatch is still an experimental thing, it is good, but to be really useful it should have a way to customize the functions, size and position of the buttons.
    Each person has a priority for each type of function they want easy access.

Here is a reddit post I made exemplifying the MIC ON/OFF as the main button because we don't have a simple way to push to talk and/or turn the mic on and off.
    **Notifications are extremly easy to access, making the function useless in the wristwatch

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9m9vsi/heyoculusthewristwatchishandybut_the/

---Keyboard…

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop the rift s controllers from going to sleep when placed in a gun stock.

The controllers go to sleep almost immediately after being placed in a gunstock and require constant movement to keep them active. This is quite a ridiculous problem to have as a lot of users have gunstocks. Please give the option to users like myself that have rechargable batteries the option to turn of the battery saving features on the controllers so we can play first person shooters the way they were meant to be played.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extend screentshots to support 360 capture

You have support for screen capture in the dash, but can we please extend that to produce a 360 image. Then allow us to import them as backgrounds in home. I also have a vested interest, that I would like people to be able to use them in my Jigsaw 360 game.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Foam of the Rift S

It would be a good thing to be able to replace the Foam for some PU leather because the Foam is absorbing sweat and that's not really fun to pass between friends.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Double Guardian with height options

I would like to set up 2 Guardian walls. One would be lower; I'd be able to set the height. So say I set it for 3 feet. That Guardian would warn me of places I can't walk to. Then I'd have a 2nd full height Guardian that would be placed outside of the first.

The idea is, for those of us without a lot of space, often there's a bed or other low furniture that we can swing our arms over without any issue, but of course can't walk through. Right now I have to set the Guardian at…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve your customer support. From what i see on literally every site its awful and im saying this because I love Oculus and would hate to

Improve your customer support. From what i see on literally every site its awful and im saying this because I love Oculus and would hate to

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open source the CV1

The DK1 and DK2 were each opensourced after they were discontinued. This has allowed people to continue repairing, modifying, and experimenting with them. They do things they would never do with their current headset.

As the CV1 is now discontinued and people are switching to the Rift S and Quest as their primary HMD, its time the CV1 is opensourced. This could open up a fresh wave of experimentation and modification to breathe more innovation into the still fledgling VR community. Additionally it will allow the community to find solutions to problems with their out of warranty CV1s to keep…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to change brightness/contrast/saturation of the Oculus Rift S

Some games on the Rift S are too bright and it would be great to be able to lower the brightness of the Rift S to increase comfortable playtime.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let Friends Help Decorate Your Home

My brother just bought a rift and we are really enjoying playing together! Here’s the story: he told me he was going to take a break and decorate his home, so I asked him if he could invite me so I could help. I made my home very nice so o wanted to help him choose objects and show him good places to put things...etc. after getting into his home, he couldn’t even move the furniture himself!

I think there needs to be a “home decor” mode or something where you can give permissions to certain friends to help build…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Nazitum des 21 Jh. Wir wollen keine Stasi Überwachung durch Facebook -NSA respektiert unsere Freiheit und lest George Orwell

Hallo ist das richtig das mit dem neuen Firmware Update eine Nutzung der Hardware ohne Facebook Account nicht mehr möglich ist? Oder ist das nur ein schlechter Witz.
    Chat gestartet
    Stefan ist dem Chat beigetreten
    Stefan
    Hallo Thomas, willkommen beim Oculus Support.
    Lese sowas vermehrt...ist das Wahr..thx..
    Stefan
    Einige Social VR Apps funktionieren mit dem neuen Update nur noch mit einem Facebook Account, das ist richtig.
    Die Hardware selbst funktioniert aber auch weiterhin ohne Facebook Account.
    Hast Du noch weitere Fragen?
    Ok schon gedacht muss Klage einreichen oder ihnen das neue Set zurückschicken ihr Apps sind mir mehr oder weniger…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. REPLACE DEFECTIVE HEADSET CABLES!

I bought my Oculus Rift CV1 in March 2017. Though I intended to use it I never really had the time. All in all up to today I estimate that that have used it for 30 hours or less. This week being Thanksgiving and a long weekend , I finally cleared space and got everything ready and discovered....no video on headset. Sound, yes. White light, yes. NO VIDEO. I payed $650 for this and my disappointment is indescribable. Spent half of Thanksgiving day researching and found to my dismay that one can't even buy a replacement cable!!! Seriously, this is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tone down the performance when using a displayport to hdmi adapter

Hi i'm new to vr
    I baught an oculus rift s about a week ago alongside with a displayport to hdmi adapter because my laptop only has hdmi.
    Sadly i found out that adapters aren't supportet for performance reasons making the rift s usless for me.

My idea is that you could have an option during the setup in oculus home where you can say that you're using an adapter and it then adapts the performance to hdmi.

I don't know if this will work but i hope it does.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Oculus Go and Quest Games and Apps on Oculus Rift S

The quest is getting Rift and SteamVR games and allready have Oculus Go games, but what about the rift? I think it makes sense that Oculus makes it possible to play Go and Quest games on the rift, especially now that they have made this possible on the Quest.
    Thats what i wanted to say, hope you understand why i want this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rechargeable controllers

The controllers should come with internal batteries built in that you can plug in to recharge, saves me money on batteries, lowers the risk of destroying controller due to battery leaks, and saves environment from throwing batteries out every week

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let us turn off the vibration

I recently had a mishap with my Right Controller and it now causes the vibration to sound violent and makes it impossible to play games when the controller is constantly losing tracking. We should have an option to turn off the vibration as it doesn’t ruin our experience to lose tracking.

My controller works perfectly fine without the vibration so why should I have to pay $70 for a new controller when it’s such a tiny and fixable issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offline Installer

Create an offline installer/driver of your oculus. Repairing it means redownloading everything and it takes long for people who doesn't have fast internet

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to pick the colourful avatar skins from the old Home.

The new avatar system obviously still supports the old avatar materials, we should be able to pick them.

I miss my old avatar :(

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base