Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Please make an option to rollback the oculus software to an older version. Currently stuck on the latest and cant get past setup

I have had the oculus rift s for almost a year now, it has no issues until the latest update which has now bricked the headset. I can no longer get past the setup as the senor check always goes to "Sensors Can't Track Headset". I tried it on an old pc with old software and worked great, but once I updated the software, it couldn't track anymore. Please make an option for us users to be able to go to an older version of the oculus software, that way when a update comes out that breaks the headset, we…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Accessible Content Easier to Find

Your site claims that Occulus supports people with disabilities. However, there is no way to easily find accessible games. Even the simplest search, like searching for games that can be played while sitting (and, honestly, I'm shocked you don't have a game play type search even for players without disabilities), is not available on your site. That, in particular, is such an easy search to create because that information is already in your database, so it would just be a matter of making a query. As of right now, that's the only reason I haven't purchased an Oculus device. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard swipe

Our team does every standup and creative collab session in Oculus now. Let’s push for a feature request to add the ‘swipe’ keyboard function similar to mobile phones. It’s insanely complicated to type with VR controllers. Always gets it wrong. I find myself naturally trying to type by dragging from one key to the next, in hopes that Oculus has integrated this quick typing feature. This would both drastically reduce mistakes and speed up typing in a way that’s actually productive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Rift CV1 Support page links to places you can purchase replacement parts I don't need to explain why.

Hey follow this link to get replacement parts for your cherished Rift CV1...

Ok so which model of Rift S or Quest do you own? Neither? Oh okay then we don't actually have anything for that unsupported HMD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add thermal feeling function

To experience more real sense(ex.thermal sense), some thermal sense reproduction function would be needed for Oculus.
    Does Oculus have some ideas?
    We can propose our products(Peltier device) to realize reproduction of thermal sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Advice: Display port to HDMI Adapter that works with the Rift S

Hi.
    I want to inform you I have found an HDMI to DP adapter that works with the Rift S.

When I bought my Rift S, I also bought an adapter because I have an Asus gaming laptop which has only HDMI. I didn't know this should not work, and after I saw at your website that you don't provide an adapter because you haven't found one that works, I was frustrated but decided to give a shot to the one I bought.

Well, it worked.
    I am using:
    Gold Touch HDMI Male to Display Port Female adapter w/Power
    it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FIX IT

Hey, how about instead of making me unplug my device from my system. How about you make it so it doesn't automatically try and run the games, or if it does allow me a setting WITHOUT having to put on my headset to turn it off. It's stupid that you make it automatically run without giving us a choice. Even disallowing the unknown apps did nothing. PLEASE FIX THIS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add the game Jurrassic World Aftermath to the Rift S

It is only available on the Quest 2 and maybe the first quest but it seems like it'd be a simple addition to the Rift S and it would be a really fun game!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn off computer doesn't meet minimum system requirements.

This has been an issue for years, but can we have a way of turning off the giant warning message in headset that says "Your computer doesn't meet minimum system requirements..." It's distracting from the overall user experience and frankly just rude.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open the Oculus Store for other headsets

In my opinion you should open the Store to support other headsets like the Valve Index or Windows Mixed Reality. I do not believe your headset sales would drop, because you make the best headsets for a affordable price. But I also want to use my Index with Finger Tracking for my Oculus games. Currently it is only possible by using Revive.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make NBA VR available for all of the Oculus Platorms

I have the Rift S and I’m trying to use Next VR or Oculus Venues for it. I bought it a month ago so I can’t return it at this point. Why would you guys not make these applications available for all of your headsets? Oculus Venues is only available for the original quest. And Next VR is available for the Oculus Go. I have seen multiple people complain about this issue and other issues related. Please release an update making these softwares available, and when you release an application for any Oculus device why make it available to only…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mac

Mac version please

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. extender

please make a USB and DisplayPort extender with an amplifier this way the signal won't be lost with extension and those who need to go further away from their pc can.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Trade in Rift S for Quest

I feel that after the announcement that Quest will have the option of using PCVR, this has made the Rift S a much worst value.

I and many other Rift S users would instantly exchange our Rift S for a quest and gladly pay for the Link since it gives you more versatility and the option of PCVR and wireless. The improvement that the Rift S has over the quests are not worth the price of admission. Four months after launch and I deeply regret buying a Rift S.

The Rift s is simply not worth 400 usd on the…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow upgraders the ability to receive a credit towards repurchases

Like many people I’ve upgraded by oculus from a rift to a couple of quests. Unlike every other platform oculus is download only content and offers no upgrade on purchased content moving to a new device and offers no ability to transfer content to a new user when you pass on older devices. How about offering a credit for content deleted on older devices so they can be repurchased on the new device at either a discount or free.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove "controller not found" error overlay

Not everyone uses controllers. A loit of people use the Rift in seated mode with a HOTAS, for example. Please get rid of the "Controller not found" overlay error message that will come up if the controllers batteries are flat/have had the batteries removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please get the rotting corpses off my store page.

Seriously. There are like 3 zombie and horror games being recommended to be on my store page. Every single time I load up my Oculus Rift S, I have to see the thumbnails of a bunch of rotting corpses with flesh falling off their face staring at me. There is no way to hide the game, there is no way to block the thumbnail, and the default page when pressing the Oculus Home Button always loads up the store page which I get greeted with rotting corpses.

It's been like this for 4 months. Every. Single. Day. Please for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Well I don't know if you still have membership with xbox if we can use oculus on xbox will be great

Like xbox series x as you know isn't only console is pc too so is going to be super awesome if we can use our oculus rift s on xbox series x with 4k I'm sure everyone will love that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)