Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Non-Human Avatar Options

The best part of VR is escaping my boring human existence... so why do I still have to look like a human? I can never even make the human avatar look like ME anyways, and it drives me crazy.

Robots, Monsters, Animal-People, all would be great to have as avatar options.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rainy weather

Home - current weather is pleasant. It would be good to see/choose varying weather conditions:
    -rain dripping down the windows
    -snowing..
    -stormy
    -seasonal effects
    -sun/moon cycle..depending on your local time

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. guardian

Since the last update (end of august 2019) the guardian has no more front direction arrow on the floor.

During gameplay i can no longer re-direct myself. This is an bad update for the guardian. So, please put it back or as an option for the people who like it. Why did you remove it it by the way???

Also, the guardian seems to move... when i walk in the guardian, the guardian also seems to move (about 30-50 cm) so it's not so safe anymore for my walls and falling down the stairs is possible again.

Please put it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please stop leaving the game because of low controller batteries

As a Elite Dangerous gamer I don’t need the controllers. But every time when the batteries of the controllers becomes low I get a notification which left the game and turn to oculus Home. I’ve lost some high end PvP event cause of this situation.
    My Idea: let the Oculus software tell you once inside the headset without leaving the game that the batteries are low.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Using PC speaker to play back low frequency sound for Rift S

As people keep giving feedback on the lack of low frequency of the Rift S build in audio, can the Oculus driver has a setting for the low-frequency sound coming from the PC speaker too? As I understand people have the least directional preception for low-frequency sound that's why we only need one subwoofer. Having this should much fix the issue. Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HDMI for Rift S

Oculus needs to be up front about requiring a video port on your computer. Really frustrated after buying the Rift S only to find out, during setup, that it does not use HDMI. My PC checked out with all of the software specs and there was no mention of a videoport requirement. AND there is no work-around whatsoever. So I have to return it. Most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in the gaming industry.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Power button in the app

And then the power button can either turn off the oculus completely so you can eject and remove it, or "soft power down," basically sleep mode but manual, and It isn't detected by anything but the oculus program.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dim the lights in Rift Home

The lights in Home 2.0 are too bright to comfortably watch TV with the broadcast feature. Would like to be able to dim the lights.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Double Guardian with height options

I would like to set up 2 Guardian walls. One would be lower; I'd be able to set the height. So say I set it for 3 feet. That Guardian would warn me of places I can't walk to. Then I'd have a 2nd full height Guardian that would be placed outside of the first.

The idea is, for those of us without a lot of space, often there's a bed or other low furniture that we can swing our arms over without any issue, but of course can't walk through. Right now I have to set the Guardian at…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. enable dual card support

please enable dual card setup as having both a monitor and the vr headset can cause resource issues especially on lower end hardware and people shouldn't have to use adapters to be able to use them in order to play on their oculus headsets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen Overclock to 120 Hz and to use reprojection from 60 FPS for decrease requeriments

-Less requeriments

-Powerful hardware running at 120 FPS

-Less resolution than Index for more SSAA

-ASW2 "necessary for half frecuency mode"

¿Maybe 100 Hz at least?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. VR without a controller

I was thinking, and you know how in vr you have to use controllers to move around and grab things? Well, what if, somewhat like the Kinect camera you get with Xbox's that let you point at something and it loads it up for you (like Just Dance, for example), what if you used an improved version of that which meant you are looking at a thing on the screen through your headset, and you reach out to something and clench your fists, picking up the object, or you extend a finger to press a button. The camera could even…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pets with AI

Would be great to have pets to play with, like dogs, cats, monkeys, parrots, etc.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fixed foveated Super Sampling

In 50% center of screen SSAA x1,8 at 1,4 cost. No SSAA at 50%

Optionally foveated for increase central resolution SSAA.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Options, options, options!

We should have native option to disable/enable Oculus Desktop app from loading when using i.e. SteamVR. Also we should have option to disable Home 2 environment from loading while the Dash also should have option to be on in that empty environment and in games if needed.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Oculus Rift S to use Asmedia usb 3.1 (Gen2)

I would like to be able to use my oculus rift s on my motherboards Asmedia usb 3.1 port. currently when i try the oculus client it sometimes detects my headset but nothing comes through to the HMD screen so i would like to see this could be fixed. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sell a pet collar that gets detected and shows up upon the pet entering the guardian space.

It would consist of maybe an infrared reflector, or something along those lines, and upon entering the guardian area, it would maybe make an audible ping, or even show where the pet is in the guardian zone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to show the center of the play-area in-game.

Some games offer this option, but it would be very useful to be able to permanently display the center of the play-area using the Guardian settings.

Allow us to set the size, color and transparency for bonus points.

239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an ASW Status indicator

I'm aware that the ability exists to control ASW in game. Please consider implementing an advisory in the headset that indicates to the user the current status of ASW when the key combination that changes its function has been activated. As it is now, I have to see if any changes are noticeable and that seems less than desirable...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base