Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Je voudrait plus d'option sur rift s URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le mode nuit plus de paramètre dans le menu plus d'implication de la part de vos services moins de laisser aller accepter les demandes des clients arrêter de nous prendre pour des con https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift
    changer la tête du menu du RIFT S comme celle du QUEST faite la mise à jour des fonction du QUEST sur RIFT S le modérateur du site accepte quasiment aucune demande malgré les nombreux feedback vous ne fait rien pour améliorer le RIFT S c'est injuste et dégeulasse au prix qu'on n'a payer pour avoir ce casque ça me dégoute attend de d’égoïsme arrêter de…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Warn anyone on Windows insider builds or outdated Windows builds that installing a driver update might brick their PC

I would be highly grateful if there was any kind of warning that would have occurred before my computer decided to completely brick with the error code DRIVERIRQLNOTLESSOR_EQUAL. This was because I tried installing the latest driver update on a Windows test build and there was no warning or anything that would tell me the driver would cause my PC to be unusable.

I'm sure many people would be grateful for some kind of warning or message that would pop up about this because I ended up having to completely reset my computer and all the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give the Rift S more features from the Quest

To put it simply. Make the Rift S (which is tethered to a PC) actually worth it. The Quest although a marvel in its self has ultimately destroyed the Rift S in terms of features, which isnt really that fair seeing as they were months apart from release meaning the Rift S could have easily had some of the same features as the Quest. What feature you may be asking? Simple.

-Manual IPD adjustment
    -The 1440 x 1600 OLED display
    -The up and coming hand tracking

And another feature which could easily be implimented

-90hz (or above) refresh rate (We…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dash and Menu Color Customization

The ability to change the color of the dash and of the menu panels would be interesting, along with the ability to change the texture that they appear in, maybe something other than matte such as like a glossy thing, or maybe it looks like felt, something along those lines. Another idea is to allow for the creation and use of skins on them, so they someone can customize their dash to have their own icons for everything on their dash, and to have a custom skin theme for their dash and their menu. That would be so cool.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. making features cross compatible for quest and rift s

I think it would be a good idea if we can get all the quest features on rift s aswell it’s my understanding that they was released on the same day and share very similar hardware I don’t see why the quest is given more attention than the rift s considering oculus claim the rift s to be the gold standard so if that’s the case why is quest getting everything and rift s owners are left with nothing just bug fixes seem to me u favour quest owners more than rift s owners pull your finger out oculus get…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow a trade in from Rift to Rift S

I purchased a rift about 5 months ago and I heard about quest and rift s about right afterwards. After looking into them more, they look amazing, and an ability to be able to trade in a rift for at least $50 off of the rift s or quest would be amazing. Thank you oculus team, this would help out!

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Look, if you're not going to keep the Oculus Rift S stocked in stores, then at least let us pre-order them for when they come in stock!

If you're not going to keep the Oculus Rift S stocked in stores, then at least let us pre-order them for when they are back in stock! If not that, give us SOME idea of when they will be re-stocked! I'm going out of my mind here!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create profiles that allow to save "floor height" for different people.

I am sharing my Oculus with my 8 year old son. I am 6'6" and he is not as tall yet. each time we need to change height settings.
    We need some kind of profiles for the same account that can be easily switched between

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create Gift Card item in Game store

Create the option to purchase credits or a gift card that can be transferable to a user -- I don't necessarily know what game my friend wants but I know he wants to buy a new game!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support VirtualLink

Newer graphics cards are supporting a standardized USB-C style Virtual Link port for power and video together. Would like Oculus to offer a new Rift S cable or adapter that supports this port, as a new standard.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Optional High- End Oculus Rift

I sold my rift S...

And want:

• manuell IDP!!!!

• 120 Hz refresh rate

• wireless at least optional, wlan modul or something like that

• fov at least 120 degrees like index or more

I would pay a lot of money and not only me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vibration

I’ve had constant problems with the vibration since I got the oculus rift S. When I play a game and the controllers vibrate the hands in the game freak out and go all over the place. If you could add a many to turn off vibration it would take my experience to a whole other lever!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More payment methods and features - gift card, wallet, etc...

Hello,

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, playstation network cards.
    And I know other stores that also offer this type of payment.

I have nor want a credit card or to make a paypal account as they come with unwanted costs.

Payment methods should be plentiful and convenient.
    The oculus store is the only one…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 72hz mode for watching movies in Rift S

Watching 24fps content in Rift S currently features quite a bit of judder, due to its 80hz refresh rate not being divisible by 24. Enabling a 72hz mode on the headset would allow for perfectly smooth 24fps motion. This would be a huge benefit when watching Netflix in the dashboard, or movies in Bigscreen.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please bring us full Linux Support for both Users and Developers...

Windows 10 is not the only Operating System nor is it the best for everyone...

I'm aware this has been requested before but I'm afraid VR might go down the same path that Flat Screen Games went down for a very long time...

Linux has proven to be more optimized then Windows 10 making it a developer friendly system that even every day users have grown to love...

Currently the only HMD's on the market that natively support Linux is the Valve Index and the HTC Line up, the only issue is that most other VR platforms don't support Linux…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio

Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please do "Oculus Direct" to showcase up and coming exclusives and third-party titles

OC6 was amazing, but you need something for the consumers as well. Copy what Nintendo and Sony are doing with their pre-recorded videos that highlights coming exclusives and third-party titles. Get people talking, and get people who don't have a VR headset thinking about getting one.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gamma, white balance and color saturation adjustmen

Games are designed for OLED screen of original Rift. There are issues in dark games. We need to calibrate gamma, brightness (no backlight) and color for correct results.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let pass through camera on Rift S to see my physical keyboard.

I can't do any of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, and won't be able to fully have any productivity on virtual desktop. The only thing I"m missing is the keyboard. HTC vive has a program called "FragmentVR" that allows a window. Even better would be to identify the keyboard, and show a photogrammetry version of the keyboard with clearer keys, and shadow of the hand overlapping it.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base