Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import models from medium

the ability to import models from medium or from your pc into your home would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to save more than one Home

I would like to customize different home to fit with the environment. For example, when I use the space background, I would like to set my home in a science fiction style but I would like a fantasy style for the one with the boat.

Plus I could let my kid create his own environment without completely screwing mine like he does right now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Clock / Time back to Dash

Please add the Clock / Time back into Dash.
    If I remember correctly we had that in the Void and I usually lose total track of time when inside VR.
    Currently there is no way to tell the time without putting down the HMD.

I not only want a clock in Home - Dash is important because you can quickly open that up and check the time. Maybe make it a pinnable Window (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) native to Oculus without adding another program / window from your desktop :-)

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recenter tracking in app button is ... hard to find

WIth a lot seated expriences, I'm sure I'm not the only one who often used the recenter option from Universal Menu to properly position myself in VR. Right now having to go to settings, sensors and figure out that 'Repeat Sensor Setup' what I want (I was seriously worried about having to go thru whole setup again) is a bit complicated. Button in the panel where it shows date, battery and volume would be ideal.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this submission. In the November 2018 Rift software update, we added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view. We hope this helps, and see you in VR!

5. Old void looks much better

The old void with 'infinite' grid looked much better.

It was cosy, futuristic and felt comfortable and safe compared to the new gray void.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. This is an overdue update, but the grid style void has been implemented. The previous blank gray void should not be visible at this time. Thanks!

6. Lower or raise the dash bar

The dash bar consistently gets in the way, and since touching a button activates it, I accidentally trigger buttons this way all the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this submission. The ability to raise or lower the Dash bar was added as part of a previous software update. You can grab it and move it to your desired height. Enjoy!

7. Dash cannot interact with Discord.

Can't interact with Discord at all with Dash. Will be the most common reason I remove my Rift to use.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give my Home a public plaintext address or URI

So I can post a link in any website, and any rifter browsing the site or ceveiving a private from me, could click on it can visit my Home (if open or authorised), or any other VR space (permanent or temporal).

Mainly an idea to quickly setup VR chat groups from common web tools, chats, websites, reddits, etc. especially when multiplayer Homes are a reality. I'd like too throwaway/instant VR spaces and URI's created for this same purpose.

Now that we have desktop in our space... leverage this and integrate!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! You can now share a web link for your homes in order to help others navigate them. Within the Oculus desktop software, click Friends in the bottom right, and then click your username to navigate to your user profile. Then click the three dots next to the “Visit Home” button in the top right and select Share Home. This will allow you to distribute a web link for your primary home. Enjoy!

9. Translate Desktop App to more Non English languages

One year after Touch Launch, the Desktop app still doesn't support some of the languages with more speakers in the world as Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, ...

You have made a really great work with the update, but the non English Speakers can't enjoy it at 100%. Please, listen the non- english speakers and translate the Desktop App and Dash to those languages. Thank you.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for submitting this idea! As mentioned below, we added nine additional languages last year. You can set the Oculus software language by navigating to Settings > General > Language Preference. These have exited the beta phase and are now fully implemented. Our team continues to work towards on adding more languages over time, and we greatly appreciate your patience while this work takes place. If you have any feedback on our language options, please let us know!

10. Add a way for users to add non-oculus content to their home room.

Similar to anarchy arcade on steam,which was basically an early indy version of steam vr home, where you can place arcade cabinets, and customize what the cabinet launched by selecting an .exe from your computer, and add artwork by pasting a URL to an image, and even give the cabinet a preview video. you could also place screens around that could display a custom whatever, be it an image with a url, or a video from youtube via url, that could be clicked on to play. just add a way for us to add custom content from the internet. in…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as completed, as the majority of this can be done through a combination of importing custom UGC objects and the Oculus provided Special Items.

11. tab

Have a tab in the home switcher to visit "public" strangers homes straight
    from the ball menu!

I love the idea of being able to visit your friend's Homes through the left menu by cracking the photo spheres, but there's no way currently within Home to visit homes set to "public". I'd love a public tab along with "your home" and "friends" that lets you visit other homes you haven't yet friended, but that are tagged as "public".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently added the ability to mark your home as Public so that anyone can join. You can also see some cool Public Homes by checking out the Popular Places menu inside Home. Enjoy!

12. Design your own decor

now that having your own home is a thing, it would be nice to import .obj's or have an option to add models you've already made in VR

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show reviews in web browser

Usually I will browse the store in a web browser, and for some reason the user reviews don't show up. It's annoying to have to open the desktop app just to see reviews.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. User reviews should now be visible on each app’s page within the browser version of the store. We hope you like it!

14. Add Friends via their Oculus Nicknames

Instead of only being able to access the friends we have on Facebook that are connected to oculus, it would be helpful to be able to add friends via their nickname on the Oculus app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing your input. The ability to add Oculus friends by Oculus username has been implemented. Within the Oculus software, if you select Friends from the left side bar and click Add Friends at the bottom, you can search by real name or username. See you in VR!

15. Spotify for Windows shows as an empty frame when grabbed

Some desktop windows show as an empty frame, with the Dash window controls, when grabbed from the desktop monitor to the Dash space.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. integrating STEAM into Oculus ?

Is there a way to integrate Steam into Oculus Home or am i missing something, when i want to start up steam I have to remove my Oculus and start up Steam on my PC's Monitor...

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this submission. As noted in the comment below, you are able to launch VR apps from Steam and other 3rd party sources by utilizing the unknown sources functionality within the Oculus software. We’re going to mark this item as completed. If you experience any issues utilizing this feature, please contact Oculus customer support! Thanks!

17. Guardian system is now way too sensitive.

It was not this sensitive before. Mine is on 99% of the time. It wasn't like this before the new update. Please reduce the sensitivity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Check for later versions of display drivers

I'm getting the "New Drivers required" error, but it shows I need a driver number lower than my currently installed.

Specifically, for a GTX 970 you say I need to upgrade to v388.31. My currently installed driver is version 388.43, dated Nov. 30, 2017 later than the required version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. This behavior should not be happening. If the suggestion in the comment below did not resolve this behavior, please contact customer support: support.oculus.com/885981024820727. Thanks!

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base