Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Full body tracking!

I would love to see a good, pure oculus way to track the waist and legs. There are a lot more games that can utilize this feature, and maybe having some tracking modules would be the way to go.

You might already have this in the works, but I could find its, or you might not want to take it in that direction at all. But there is a large group, myself included, that would love this feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clocks.

You can get the time up from settings, but I would love to have a variety of functional clocks that show the system time - possibly even ones that can be set to a time offset for gaming with friends in other timezones.

Grandfather clocks, carriage clocks, futuristic clocks, even some funkier things, like waterclocks and hourglasses that can be touched for the time.

470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Foam of the Rift S

It would be a good thing to be able to replace the Foam for some PU leather because the Foam is absorbing sweat and that's not really fun to pass between friends.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow naming of sensor devices.

I would like to name my sensors so that when an issue is reported I don't have to play the randomly unplug sensors game to find out which one is having an issue.

450 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show wrist-watch even when Dashboard isn't up

The wrist-watch is a cool way to see the time, but it currently only shows up when the Dashboard is up, and Dashboard already shows the time. It would be a lot more useful to be able to be able to see the time even when the Dashboard isn't up.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blacks are milky grays on all LED HMDs when brightness is not 0

Example: The sky in Dark city background of Go is washed gray when brightness is not 0.

It looks as simultaneous control of backlight + brightness, as legacy of OLED screens with no backlight.

Maybe to increase gamma could fix this common problem too.

This does not happens only in S and Go, also in Mixed reality LED and Index.

Maybe a better dynamic contrast could help too, or to change color space

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rechargeable controllers

The controllers should come with internal batteries built in that you can plug in to recharge, saves me money on batteries, lowers the risk of destroying controller due to battery leaks, and saves environment from throwing batteries out every week

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow use of Oculus Browser on Rift S

I would like the ability to use Oculus Browser on Rift S in the same way I do on my Oculus Quest or Oculus Go devices. I recognize a user may easily access the Internet using the attached PC, but the Oculus Browser tool is more private.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow games from Unknown Sources (Steam) as Cartridges and Boxes

Adding to that, allow us to add game images (StoreAssets) to said Steam games from the desktop app.

430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Oculus Neighborhood

While my friend and I were messing around in Oculus Home, he had the idea that it would be cool to have an “oculus neighborhood”, where you can step outside onto a street or something and see your friends’ (and other public) homes.
    Even if it would require downloading an external oculus app for this to be an attachment to Oculus home, that would be a fun and exciting feature that would make Oculus feel even more connected than it currently is

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cable extension options

As of right now me and my roommate both really want to use the a rift s, but our rigs are close together so to make this even viable for either of us we would need more then four metres of cable so that he and I can both use the rift s in a confortable play erea

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatically update the oculus software

Do not update the oculus software automatically please.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Always show nickname instead of real name

It's difficult to remain anonymous while streaming VR using Oculus software because your real name is shown in multiple places with no way to hide it. A simple toggle should replace your real name everywhere with the nickname you've set.

409 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. music controls for Spotify and other apps built into dash/menu screen

It would be convenient to have a little panel in the dash with music player controls for popular streaming services and local files, much like you get on the lock screen for your phone or in the Windows 10 Game Bar - much more convenient than having to pull up the desktop and find the app window just to pause or skip a track.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better face padding for Rift S

The Rift S is heavier but the face padding wasn't improved...needs to be thicker to keep the headset from pushing into our faces.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate smartphones into dash.

I hate having to remove my HMD to check for calls or texts. A virtual big phone with a mirror screen of my phones actual screen would be awesome.

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom settings for streaming

Hello, please add an option to set custom settings such as resolution, bandwith for Facebook streaming.

With a poor DSL connection it's not possible to share without using OBS

Regards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make an offline installer and allow it to use it offline

Here where i live internet is really slow and expensive sometimes even you cant access it, so oculus becomes a useless piece of hardware collecting dust if you dont have internet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Full finger tracking?

After the release of the valve index, and more importantly the knuckles controllers, what are your plans to meet this new bar?

I don't have anything in mind, just I would like something similar to the knuckles just not as large and cumbersome. More oculus. I think this would greatly increase support for your headsets as well as the already successful oculus quest as if you were to design the controller's, I would be compatible with the quest and rift s.

Actually, I have one idea... a tracking ring around the wrist, visible at almost all angles!

A complicated idea…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base