Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Passthrough for first 10 seconds after putting on headset (add as an optional setting)

As a Rift S user, I would like to put on my headset and immediately see the room via pass-through for about 10 seconds so I can find my headphones and touch controllers.

The double touch oculus button is a great feature for turning on passthrough, but.. you have to already have the controllers in your hand!

If you're like me, you put on the rift s, then fumble around blind trying to find where on your desk your controllers/headphones are. An auto pass-through for 10 seconds would REALLY be helpful and a great use of the pass-through technology

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support VirtualLink

Newer graphics cards are supporting a standardized USB-C style Virtual Link port for power and video together. Would like Oculus to offer a new Rift S cable or adapter that supports this port, as a new standard.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow use of Oculus Browser on Rift S

I would like the ability to use Oculus Browser on Rift S in the same way I do on my Oculus Quest or Oculus Go devices. I recognize a user may easily access the Internet using the attached PC, but the Oculus Browser tool is more private.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Height Adjustment

Please give us an option that allows us to adjust our height, like a slider or a TextBox to specify a height. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home after along day is standing for hours playing a 100+ hour game like Fallout4VR. Many games are perfectly playable and, in fact, more enjoyable, playing seated, but in many games I'm currently as tall as a child.

Please, please give us a height setting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Foam of the Rift S

It would be a good thing to be able to replace the Foam for some PU leather because the Foam is absorbing sweat and that's not really fun to pass between friends.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using The Oculus Rift S in bed.

I have medical conditions that do not allow me to sit or stand for long periods of time, Therefore I usually use The Rift Laying on my back. As you can imagine, this limits my use to basically watching TV and movies.

My suggestion is the option to rotate the Y axis while setting up the floor settings. This would allow people with disabilities or anyone just relaxing in bed to prop against some pillows and enjoy the Rift as if they were standing. The settings should not be too difficult, as it would just rotate the Y axis and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rechargeable controllers

The controllers should come with internal batteries built in that you can plug in to recharge, saves me money on batteries, lowers the risk of destroying controller due to battery leaks, and saves environment from throwing batteries out every week

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow us to pick the colourful avatar skins from the old Home.

The new avatar system obviously still supports the old avatar materials, we should be able to pick them.

I miss my old avatar :(

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add hand tracking to Rift S

quest and rift s use the same tracking there'sno reason to not lol

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Linux and macOS

Since many Macs (with eGpus) are now powerful enough to support VR add full support for macOS. And please support Linux, there is no reason not to support it. I dont want to start Windows every time I play VR games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. filter for

Option to Block Violent Content/ Ads:

This would be a swell idea for children under the age of 13, people with PTSD or people with mental disorders (suicidal).

There should be some sort of content filter. I'm actually shocked in this day and age something like this isn't legally mandated...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Locomtion Movement as Games use, Re-Centre with 2 Thumbsticks, make a ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY e.g. The Store, and any Room As Default.

You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
    1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME OR (new) ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading.
    2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe and the turning is a same rate of turn to other directions (2 Joysticks doing same things and using 2 Joysticks to turn slightly faster is just rubbish and has no strafe!)
    3. USING BOTH THUMB CLICKS should RECENTRE as that is the usual method everywhere else!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow preordered games to be downloaded ahead of the release date

Simple concept, this is something that the PlayStation Store already offers. Basically, there’s a 48 hour window prior to a games release where, if you’ve preordered the game, you’ll be able to download it ahead of time, to let you play the game as soon as it’s available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Rift S and Quest support Rifts cameras for better tacking and original Touch to work with Rift cams +Quest/Rift S-combination

If Quest (after Link) and Rift S would support Rifts cameras for tracking, not only the tracking get better but it would also make option for Oculus to sell "HMD only" packages, as the possible original Rift owner could use the original Rifts touch controllers with the new HMD and on other hand, ppl with just the Quest and Rift S could buy additional outside in camera(s) for better tracking (as we all know, there's problem with the close the face tracking on inside outs).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Arm tracking while using Touch controllers

Extend Oculus Touch controllers with arm tracking that developers can utilize. Floating hands and missing arms can be very immersion breaking and is often the first thing many newcomers note and complain about.

To clarify, I'm not talking about finger tracking but arm tracking. This wouldn't break the feature parity between S and CV1.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base