Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. make oculus medium and other creation tools multi platform so artists can choose what HMD they find most comfortable/affordable.

Hi I’m a digital artist and you guys just happened to make the best 3D sculpting program out there(oculus medium). It is literally the only thing I use VR for. BUT I am a HtC user and I am constantly being stopped from doing my work after “revive” gets the boot from updates. And I don’t make enough money to buy another VR setup to just use 1 art program. So I beg of you to open your platform just a bit more. I understand having exclusives, but I don’t understand making art tools an exclusive. Let the people create…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow family/multiple users.

Allow multiple users/family members to have their own profiles.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller

2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip is being…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Facebook login notification right now!!!

Really Zuck? So now every time I start Oculus, Facebook will shove its login notification in my face with NO option to turn it off? Let me be very clear about something, I WILL NEVER LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK EVER!!! This is not what I signed up for when I bought the headset. It's the worst most intrusive type of advertising I've ever saw. Give me the option to disable it ASAP!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a version of Rift S with hardware IPD slider, for those with IPD issues.

The rift S is clearly a product many are interested in, but for some of us the IPD limit is an issue.
    I am sure many of us with ipd issues would love a version of the rift s, that might be more expensive but would have IPD slider.
    Then the normal Rift S could be left as it is, and the more expensive with ipd slider for those that cannot use the normal rift s.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow users to manually set height.

If I want to sit when I'm interacting with Home, or with any of the demo programs, my POV is far too low. I'd like to be able to tell Oculus that I'm sitting and that I want my POV to be set for someone my height. Some games allow this, but I'd like it baked-in.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FaceBook

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decidion. I will not allow my children to be exposed thru Facebook so you can make a few pennies in marketing kickbacks. We will never participate in an Oculus social media again and I will actively campaign online against you from this point on.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a trade in from Rift to Rift S

I purchased a rift about 5 months ago and I heard about quest and rift s about right afterwards. After looking into them more, they look amazing, and an ability to be able to trade in a rift for at least $50 off of the rift s or quest would be amazing. Thank you oculus team, this would help out!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Using The Oculus Rift S in bed.

I have medical conditions that do not allow me to sit or stand for long periods of time, Therefore I usually use The Rift Laying on my back. As you can imagine, this limits my use to basically watching TV and movies.

My suggestion is the option to rotate the Y axis while setting up the floor settings. This would allow people with disabilities or anyone just relaxing in bed to prop against some pillows and enjoy the Rift as if they were standing. The settings should not be too difficult, as it would just rotate the Y axis and…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please do "Oculus Direct" to showcase up and coming exclusives and third-party titles

OC6 was amazing, but you need something for the consumers as well. Copy what Nintendo and Sony are doing with their pre-recorded videos that highlights coming exclusives and third-party titles. Get people talking, and get people who don't have a VR headset thinking about getting one.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. connect with friends

I'm very upset that you are forcing me to use my facebook account to connect with friends. i think you should have an choice. some people have good reasons to keeping their facebook accounts separated

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please take a screenshot from both eyes when using the screenshot function

Several times now I've had a once-in-a-lifetime game moment while in VR and try to take a screenshot, only to check the file later and find out it was taken with the view of the wrong eye and completely missed the shot I had planned. Please, if you're going to do screenshots, make it a shot of both eyes, not just one, so that it feels more like a full picture than a tiny cropped eyeglass shot. thanks!

Submitting an example shot, I meant to get the robot hanging over the balcony on the left, but all I got in…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to adjust the vertical rotation (or allow for an offset) to allow players to lay down when gaming

It drives me nuts that I'll launch games that I'd love to lay down while I play. However currently if I lay down on my back, this causes me to look at the ceiling in most games without craning my neck. It'd be great to finally have an option to allow me to treat looking up as looking straight.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More payment methods and features - gift card, wallet, etc...

Hello,

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, playstation network cards.
    And I know other stores that also offer this type of payment.

I have nor want a credit card or to make a paypal account as they come with unwanted costs.

Payment methods should be plentiful and convenient.
    The oculus store is the only one…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give us back our friends

I'm stunned that I cannot accept a friend request from a Brass Tactics opponent without signing into facebook. We could in the past. If Oculus wants to restrict some social apps to facebook users, okay. But I'm not using facebook just to set up matches with an opponent. That is punitive.

Furthermore, my opponents suddenly cannot hear me!?! So I am unable to explain to my opponent why I can;t accept his friend request. Oculus is better than that.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please stop leaving the game because of low controller batteries

As a Elite Dangerous gamer I don’t need the controllers. But every time when the batteries of the controllers becomes low I get a notification which left the game and turn to oculus Home. I’ve lost some high end PvP event cause of this situation.
    My Idea: let the Oculus software tell you once inside the headset without leaving the game that the batteries are low.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gamma, white balance and color saturation adjustmen

Games are designed for OLED screen of original Rift. There are issues in dark games. We need to calibrate gamma, brightness (no backlight) and color for correct results.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to disable/limit CPU hungry Dash features for users with low spec machines

A number of users with under performing computers are having issues with Dash 2.0 taking away performance from VR games.

If the CPU/GPU hungry features had an option to disable or limit Dash 2.0 impact it might help.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create Gift Card item in Game store

Create the option to purchase credits or a gift card that can be transferable to a user -- I don't necessarily know what game my friend wants but I know he wants to buy a new game!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base