Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Rift S controllers battery life.

The batteries in the controllers run out quickly. About 2-3 days. It doesn't seem to depend on whether I use them or not. But when I stop the Oculus service between gaming sessions batteries last much longer. It seems like it would be nice to better tune the idle mode of the helmet and controllers.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowing Rift/Rift S to play with Quest users, either directly or with emululation

With the advent of the Quest Link, which allows to (at some extent) play Rift games on the Quest, it's high time we got a Rift version of cross-compatibility.

The Rift is a powerful VR headset, capable of playing many things the Quest can't alone, but the one thing that is bugged is the lack of cross-playability, especially Rift to Quest. A number of Quest users love to play multiplayer games, but, even when there is a Rift version, Rift users most likely can't play with Quest users.

The Rift users paid a high premium to have a VR headset,…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rift S real earphones accessory.

As a long time VR enthusiast coming from the DK1 and DK2. Rift S should have come with real earphones. Sell some bolt-on option asap. I understand you can get away with the piped solution for the GO and even partly the Quest. Wired PCVR, headphones are the minimum.

At the very least for your next rift, do not forget the IPD slider and the earphones. Lessons learned.

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subtract from Guardian boundary area.

After painting the Guardian boundary area, allow users to SUBTRACT from the boundary area, as well as add to it. Adding to it is great, but if you make one mistake you have to start all over which is extremely frustrating.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trade in Rift S for Quest

I feel that after the announcement that Quest will have the option of using PCVR, this has made the Rift S a much worst value.

I and many other Rift S users would instantly exchange our Rift S for a quest and gladly pay for the Link since it gives you more versatility and the option of PCVR and wireless. The improvement that the Rift S has over the quests are not worth the price of admission. Four months after launch and I deeply regret buying a Rift S.

The Rift s is simply not worth 400 usd on the…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open the Oculus Store for other headsets

In my opinion you should open the Store to support other headsets like the Valve Index or Windows Mixed Reality. I do not believe your headset sales would drop, because you make the best headsets for a affordable price. But I also want to use my Index with Finger Tracking for my Oculus games. Currently it is only possible by using Revive.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mac

Mac version please

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You abandoned the Rift S!

You forgot the Rift S and think only of the Quest.

It is shameful ! you will lose a lot of oculus users at the first opportunity! you evolved the quest and nothing for the Rift S.

All the other brands surpass you .. valve, HTC etc ... they already have adjustment options ...

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. extender

please make a USB and DisplayPort extender with an amplifier this way the signal won't be lost with extension and those who need to go further away from their pc can.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let us turn off the vibration

I recently had a mishap with my Right Controller and it now causes the vibration to sound violent and makes it impossible to play games when the controller is constantly losing tracking. We should have an option to turn off the vibration as it doesn’t ruin our experience to lose tracking.

My controller works perfectly fine without the vibration so why should I have to pay $70 for a new controller when it’s such a tiny and fixable issue.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support original Rift users by letting them buy replacement controllers and accessories

Facebook did a great job providing accessories for the original Rift until recently. Now I can't buy a replacement controller or headset wire from the store. Wires are going for $150 on amazon. Is this because of manufacturing problems, or because Facebook decided to stop supporting Rift just three and a half years after launching oculus touch? Facebook: support your hardware for at least 10 years if possible!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fixing the compatibility issue of new Nvidia drivers with Oculus Mediums stamp creation

Oculus Medium´s stamp creation does not work with graphics driver versions 436.30 of the RTX-series and up and causes crashes upon attempting to make a stamp. From what the linked forum post says it also concerns other graphics card series of Nvidia.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81009/medium-crashes-stamp-creation-or-import-help-solved#latest
    This issue has been confirmed upon sending a full crashlog to the Oculus Support.
    Since the update can not be indefinitely avoided it would be very needed to fix this incompatibility.
    Thank you!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide Virtual Desktop windows from Mirror for us who want to Stream Oculus Games!

VR Is getting more mainstream and the Streams are flying off the shelves, but most of us need to read the chat and be able to interact with our viewers without the pinned window showing up in the Oculus mirror.

I use the Mirror because of its 1:1 setting which is the best format for streaming to mobile devices as most of our viewers are on a Mobile phone watching though Facebook Level up.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I think it's your idea of a joke, I've ripped me off

Sep 17, 2020, 0:36 PDT

I am rift s owner of which I got my rift s in late July of this year with the plan of devlopeing games and experiences with it, I thought that this device only just year old would serve me for such purpose for the next five years or so, I am deeply unhappy that only two months on and you have discontinued both models I had plan to build for.
    I don't have the money to replace this item as it was the kindness of my family who scrimp and saved to get me the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Seated Play for Rift S

On the original Rift, you could calibrate your height during setup. It allowed seated play by sitting down and adjusting your height as such so you'd be sitting and be for example 6'0 and be sitting down instead of crouching. I don't have the strongest legs and it's not comfortable for me to stand up, I'm sure people have the same issue and I've also met a few people who couldn't even move their legs and were either in a wheelchair or they just sat in bed/a chair all day exploring a new world when they couldn't with our own…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the RX 5600 XT to the supported hardware list.

Add the RX 5600 XT to the hardware whitelist. The card does not appear on the current whitelist and is more than capable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow family/multiple users.

Allow multiple users/family members to have their own profiles.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Establish an incentivized Beta software testing program to increase large-scale testing of new software on a significant number of PC rigs

I was prompted to submit this idea following the recent controller tracking debacle & this comment from an Oculus software engineer: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/hobaop/foroculusriftsuserswhoare_experiencing/fxgw1sh/

I wrote a reply to that which I'll quote here:

The immense diversity of setups - different CPUs combined with different GPUs in different motherboards with different chipsets, power deliveries, USB ports, etc etc, with different RAM kits using different clock speeds & memory timings, interfacing differently with that exact motherboard at that motherboard's BIOS settings & that CPUs memory controller, with that version of Windows with those settings & those registry…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base