Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Option to disable/limit CPU hungry Dash features for users with low spec machines

A number of users with under performing computers are having issues with Dash 2.0 taking away performance from VR games.

If the CPU/GPU hungry features had an option to disable or limit Dash 2.0 impact it might help.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow family/multiple users.

Allow multiple users/family members to have their own profiles.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wireless adapter for Rift S

Would a wireless adapter for Rift S be a possibility?

I would be willing to even install a PCI e card for 60ghz wifi.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Gamma, white balance and color saturation adjustmen

Games are designed for OLED screen of original Rift. There are issues in dark games. We need to calibrate gamma, brightness (no backlight) and color for correct results.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More payment methods and features - gift card, wallet, etc...

Hello,

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, playstation network cards.
    And I know other stores that also offer this type of payment.

I have nor want a credit card or to make a paypal account as they come with unwanted costs.

Payment methods should be plentiful and convenient.
    The oculus store is the only one…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please do "Oculus Direct" to showcase up and coming exclusives and third-party titles

OC6 was amazing, but you need something for the consumers as well. Copy what Nintendo and Sony are doing with their pre-recorded videos that highlights coming exclusives and third-party titles. Get people talking, and get people who don't have a VR headset thinking about getting one.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please stop leaving the game because of low controller batteries

As a Elite Dangerous gamer I don’t need the controllers. But every time when the batteries of the controllers becomes low I get a notification which left the game and turn to oculus Home. I’ve lost some high end PvP event cause of this situation.
    My Idea: let the Oculus software tell you once inside the headset without leaving the game that the batteries are low.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let pass through camera on Rift S to see my physical keyboard.

I can't do any of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, and won't be able to fully have any productivity on virtual desktop. The only thing I"m missing is the keyboard. HTC vive has a program called "FragmentVR" that allows a window. Even better would be to identify the keyboard, and show a photogrammetry version of the keyboard with clearer keys, and shadow of the hand overlapping it.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If the Rift S was purchased less than half a year ago exchange it for a quest!

You are not supporting Rift S your whole keynote was about quest....I bought my rift S 7 days ago.... this is really sad.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to adjust the vertical rotation (or allow for an offset) to allow players to lay down when gaming

It drives me nuts that I'll launch games that I'd love to lay down while I play. However currently if I lay down on my back, this causes me to look at the ceiling in most games without craning my neck. It'd be great to finally have an option to allow me to treat looking up as looking straight.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix issues related to running Oculus Home behind a proxy and/or make the runtime work in offline mode.

This feedback ticket is targeted for the use case of using the Oculus Rift in a business environment, but the requested feature can also benefit consumers.

Business customers can’t install the software in common network environments. Most businesses use a proxy to communicate with the internet. The Oculus installer does not respect the proxy settings of the system, causing an "e.ishttperrorcode is not a function" error when trying to create a user account or logging in with an existing one. This is not the only bug when trying to install the Oculus software from within a restricted network environment, but…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wristwatch Button Customization + Keyboard key macro on the wrist

--Wristwatch Customization

The wristwatch is still an experimental thing, it is good, but to be really useful it should have a way to customize the functions, size and position of the buttons.
    Each person has a priority for each type of function they want easy access.

Here is a reddit post I made exemplifying the MIC ON/OFF as the main button because we don't have a simple way to push to talk and/or turn the mic on and off.
    **Notifications are extremly easy to access, making the function useless in the wristwatch

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9m9vsi/hey_oculus_the_wristwatch_is_handy_but_the/

---Keyboard key macro on the wrist

Another…

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable BRL currency in experiences store for Brazil owners

I'm from Brazil, and pay the experiences in dollar is very expensive to us. We don't earn as much as an north american and we need to pay tax because of the international transaction.

Do as Steam/Uplay/Epic Store/Origin/GOG... , do specific prices for Brazil, not only convert the dollar to BRL, but make the prices lower to make possible to us buy more games and experiences.

Facebook already have payments in BRL, please, make Oculus Store accept it too.

Thanks, Diego.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extend screentshots to support 360 capture

You have support for screen capture in the dash, but can we please extend that to produce a 360 image. Then allow us to import them as backgrounds in home. I also have a vested interest, that I would like people to be able to use them in my Jigsaw 360 game.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 72hz mode for watching movies in Rift S

Watching 24fps content in Rift S currently features quite a bit of judder, due to its 80hz refresh rate not being divisible by 24. Enabling a 72hz mode on the headset would allow for perfectly smooth 24fps motion. This would be a huge benefit when watching Netflix in the dashboard, or movies in Bigscreen.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let Friends Help Decorate Your Home

My brother just bought a rift and we are really enjoying playing together! Here’s the story: he told me he was going to take a break and decorate his home, so I asked him if he could invite me so I could help. I made my home very nice so o wanted to help him choose objects and show him good places to put things...etc. after getting into his home, he couldn’t even move the furniture himself!

I think there needs to be a “home decor” mode or something where you can give permissions to certain friends to help build…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base