Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Subtract from Guardian boundary area.

After painting the Guardian boundary area, allow users to SUBTRACT from the boundary area, as well as add to it. Adding to it is great, but if you make one mistake you have to start all over which is extremely frustrating.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mac

Mac version please

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Trade in Rift S for Quest

I feel that after the announcement that Quest will have the option of using PCVR, this has made the Rift S a much worst value.

I and many other Rift S users would instantly exchange our Rift S for a quest and gladly pay for the Link since it gives you more versatility and the option of PCVR and wireless. The improvement that the Rift S has over the quests are not worth the price of admission. Four months after launch and I deeply regret buying a Rift S.

The Rift s is simply not worth 400 usd on the…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Seated Play for Rift S

On the original Rift, you could calibrate your height during setup. It allowed seated play by sitting down and adjusting your height as such so you'd be sitting and be for example 6'0 and be sitting down instead of crouching. I don't have the strongest legs and it's not comfortable for me to stand up, I'm sure people have the same issue and I've also met a few people who couldn't even move their legs and were either in a wheelchair or they just sat in bed/a chair all day exploring a new world when they couldn't with our own…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow family/multiple users.

Allow multiple users/family members to have their own profiles.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make oculus medium and other creation tools multi platform so artists can choose what HMD they find most comfortable/affordable.

Hi I’m a digital artist and you guys just happened to make the best 3D sculpting program out there(oculus medium). It is literally the only thing I use VR for. BUT I am a HtC user and I am constantly being stopped from doing my work after “revive” gets the boot from updates. And I don’t make enough money to buy another VR setup to just use 1 art program. So I beg of you to open your platform just a bit more. I understand having exclusives, but I don’t understand making art tools an exclusive. Let the people create…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Open the Oculus Store for other headsets

In my opinion you should open the Store to support other headsets like the Valve Index or Windows Mixed Reality. I do not believe your headset sales would drop, because you make the best headsets for a affordable price. But I also want to use my Index with Finger Tracking for my Oculus games. Currently it is only possible by using Revive.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hide Virtual Desktop windows from Mirror for us who want to Stream Oculus Games!

VR Is getting more mainstream and the Streams are flying off the shelves, but most of us need to read the chat and be able to interact with our viewers without the pinned window showing up in the Oculus mirror.

I use the Mirror because of its 1:1 setting which is the best format for streaming to mobile devices as most of our viewers are on a Mobile phone watching though Facebook Level up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller

2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip is being…

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a version of Rift S with hardware IPD slider, for those with IPD issues.

The rift S is clearly a product many are interested in, but for some of us the IPD limit is an issue.
    I am sure many of us with ipd issues would love a version of the rift s, that might be more expensive but would have IPD slider.
    Then the normal Rift S could be left as it is, and the more expensive with ipd slider for those that cannot use the normal rift s.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ASk for a Colaborating with Microsoft or Sony so the PS5 OR XBOX can Support oculus headsets

i know it wont ever happen but if it did it could bring more people to the ecosystem since not everyone likes pc

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let us turn off the vibration

I recently had a mishap with my Right Controller and it now causes the vibration to sound violent and makes it impossible to play games when the controller is constantly losing tracking. We should have an option to turn off the vibration as it doesn’t ruin our experience to lose tracking.

My controller works perfectly fine without the vibration so why should I have to pay $70 for a new controller when it’s such a tiny and fixable issue.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to manually set height.

If I want to sit when I'm interacting with Home, or with any of the demo programs, my POV is far too low. I'd like to be able to tell Oculus that I'm sitting and that I want my POV to be set for someone my height. Some games allow this, but I'd like it baked-in.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Using The Oculus Rift S in bed.

I have medical conditions that do not allow me to sit or stand for long periods of time, Therefore I usually use The Rift Laying on my back. As you can imagine, this limits my use to basically watching TV and movies.

My suggestion is the option to rotate the Y axis while setting up the floor settings. This would allow people with disabilities or anyone just relaxing in bed to prop against some pillows and enjoy the Rift as if they were standing. The settings should not be too difficult, as it would just rotate the Y axis and…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A store environment to walk around in while browsing games (much like Home)

I've noticed the in-VR store has been reduced to a simple Dash menu, which is convenient but not as exciting.

A good VR approach would be to expand on the previous implementation of the store with free locomotion and multiplayer so people can actually wander around the place and browse games and apps with friends. Much like how Home went from a stationary 1.0 environment to a free locomotion 2.0 experience, the Store could have a 2.0 update in the same vein. It would make shopping in VR a lot more fun.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base