Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Please DROP the Facebook Account requirement for Oculus VR.

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decision. I am very pleased with the performance and quality of my Oculus Rift VR headset and controls. However, if a Facebook account becomes mandatory, I will be forced to discontinue use of my Oculus products now and forever. Please drop the facebook account requirement. Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off computer doesn't meet minimum system requirements.

This has been an issue for years, but can we have a way of turning off the giant warning message in headset that says "Your computer doesn't meet minimum system requirements..." It's distracting from the overall user experience and frankly just rude.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accommodate more hairstyles

To whom it may concern:

This past month, Marian University held a weeklong healthcare camp for high school students with the goal of increasing diversity within healthcare and reaching out to underrepresented minorities. We utilized the VR technology to take an in-depth look at the human body, however I wanted to provide feedback about the user experience. It was disappointing that many of our participants who identified as BIPOC found difficulty in using, or in 1 case were unable to use, the Oculus Rift S headset. The Oculus Rift S headset is not designed to accommodate natural, black hairstyles including…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. carte graphique NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 pas compatible

Bonjour. Ma carte graphique NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 n'est pas compatible alors que la super l'est... Ce serait cool de généraliser la compatibilité avec toutes les cartes de bonne qualité et pas seulement certaines ... Merci

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give users control over Facebook data collection

Oculus’ VR offerings are very well regarded. You sell good hardware, backed by a great user interface and game library. However, Facebook user data collection is a concern for many.

We can debate how harmful this data collection actually is in practice. However, it undeniable that it is generating intense negativity towards Oculus and scaring away potential customers.

Oculus should improve this situation by giving users control over how their data is collected by Facebook. Oculus should also be transparent about how user data is used.

Some suggestions:
    - Add granular privacy settings that allow users control over what user…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rope Access Sydney

Proaccess Offers highrise window cleaning, highrise painting services in Sydney. Contact Rope Access Sydney team at 0478 651 953 for further info.

Go to the link for more help : https://www.proaccesspaintandremedial.com.au/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dentist Corrimal

Dentist Corrimal provides high-quality, accessible dental care. Visit experienced dentists in Wollongong today. Smile now, pay later with Supercaredental.

for more details you can click this link ; https://www.supercaredentalandcosmetics.com.au/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Floor Polishing North Shore

Refresh your floors and get them looking brand new with our Floor polishing North Shore. Call Now 0411 635 185.

Go to the link for more details : https://www.prosanders.com.au/floor-sanding-north-shore/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let me play Steam VR Games without the performance hungry device known as Oculus app running in the background.

Don't know about you... but whenever I play any steam vr game (which I do much more often than oculus), it takes up about 26% of my cpu, and a decent chunk of my memory. All I really want is a way to play GORN without my cpu ******** itself, due to the oculus app. Make it less performance hungry, or just an option to make it gone in general.

328 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Limit the number of Oculus Rift S one person can purchase to improve distribution until the stock shortages are resolved

In light of the limited stocks and the current global situation where many people are stuck in quarantine, it would be a big gesture of Oculus to assist in helping to get VR into the hands of as many people as possible. This includes individuals stuck in quarantine, educators, researchers, etc.

There are major issues of distribution with a significant number of units being snapped up by resellers and scalpers, resulting in many units stuck in the warehouses of these non-users. As of this writing, there are 5169 listings for "Oculus Quest" + Condition = "New" and 2471 listings for…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't be ******* stupid

If I see ads in my rift after all your ******** promises I will throw it in the ******* garbage. ******** Facebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Early adopters // Your initial supporters shouldn't have discontinued support.

Having exclusive titles for the Quest 2 is ridiculous, if someone forked up the cost to own a rift S, they shouldn't be having to upgrade their headset every few years for something that would 100% certainly work on the headset they only purchased a short time ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Roof Repairs Northern Beaches

Sydneylocalroofers ​your local family-owned company providing excellence in all types of roofing and guttering services in Roof Repairs Northern Beaches.

Go to the link for more information : https://sydneylocalroofers.com.au/roof-repairs-northern-beaches/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Updates for Newer GPU's

I recently upgraded my GPU from an AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB card to a newer AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB card. Every time I start my Oculus Rift S, it states that my system hardware requirements are not up to standards and it never previously stated that message. I suggest an update that would include newer GPU's. I upgraded primarily to play Half-Life: Alyx since my old GPU didn't have enough graphics memory in order to play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Advice: Display port to HDMI Adapter that works with the Rift S

Hi.
    I want to inform you I have found an HDMI to DP adapter that works with the Rift S.

When I bought my Rift S, I also bought an adapter because I have an Asus gaming laptop which has only HDMI. I didn't know this should not work, and after I saw at your website that you don't provide an adapter because you haven't found one that works, I was frustrated but decided to give a shot to the one I bought.

Well, it worked.
    I am using:
    Gold Touch HDMI Male to Display Port Female adapter w/Power
    it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Rift S to use external cameras from the original Rift

Everyone who has upgraded to the Rift S from the CV1 has encountered a downgrade in tracking in various games. A great example would be shooter games where you have to aim down sights, which causes you to lose tracking since the controller is too close to the headset. Supporting the external cameras would allow more people to upgrade from the original rift without sacrificing their tracking. Also people with the Rift S would have the option to purchase more cameras to “enhance the experience”. The only issues that can possibly be encountered would be USB bandwidth errors from having…

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Don't force me to install on my tiny C Drive when I have terrabytes of other partitions or disks I could use.

Pretty self-explanatory. Maybe just a tiny dropdown that lets you select where you want to install the Oculus App instead of forcing me to clean up my C drive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Emergency Dentist Craigie

Looking for a professional Emergency Dentist Craigie? Come to Craigie Dental or visit our website to learn more about our experts and their services.

Visit here : https://www.heathridgedentalcentre.com.au/dentist-craigie/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base