Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Gamma, white balance and color saturation adjustmen

Games are designed for OLED screen of original Rift. There are issues in dark games. We need to calibrate gamma, brightness (no backlight) and color for correct results.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let Friends Help Decorate Your Home

My brother just bought a rift and we are really enjoying playing together! Here’s the story: he told me he was going to take a break and decorate his home, so I asked him if he could invite me so I could help. I made my home very nice so o wanted to help him choose objects and show him good places to put things...etc. after getting into his home, he couldn’t even move the furniture himself!

I think there needs to be a “home decor” mode or something where you can give permissions to certain friends to help build…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rift S controllers battery life.

The batteries in the controllers run out quickly. About 2-3 days. It doesn't seem to depend on whether I use them or not. But when I stop the Oculus service between gaming sessions batteries last much longer. It seems like it would be nice to better tune the idle mode of the helmet and controllers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable BRL currency in experiences store for Brazil owners

I'm from Brazil, and pay the experiences in dollar is very expensive to us. We don't earn as much as an north american and we need to pay tax because of the international transaction.

Do as Steam/Uplay/Epic Store/Origin/GOG... , do specific prices for Brazil, not only convert the dollar to BRL, but make the prices lower to make possible to us buy more games and experiences.

Facebook already have payments in BRL, please, make Oculus Store accept it too.

Thanks, Diego.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Extend screentshots to support 360 capture

You have support for screen capture in the dash, but can we please extend that to produce a 360 image. Then allow us to import them as backgrounds in home. I also have a vested interest, that I would like people to be able to use them in my Jigsaw 360 game.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Locomtion Movement as Games use, Re-Centre with 2 Thumbsticks, make a ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY e.g. The Store, and any Room As Default.

You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
    1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME OR (new) ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading.
    2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe and the turning is a same rate of turn to other directions (2 Joysticks doing same things and using 2 Joysticks to turn slightly faster is just rubbish and has no strafe!)
    3. USING BOTH THUMB CLICKS should RECENTRE as that is the usual method everywhere else!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let pass through camera on Rift S to see my physical keyboard.

I can't do any of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, and won't be able to fully have any productivity on virtual desktop. The only thing I"m missing is the keyboard. HTC vive has a program called "FragmentVR" that allows a window. Even better would be to identify the keyboard, and show a photogrammetry version of the keyboard with clearer keys, and shadow of the hand overlapping it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow us to pick the colourful avatar skins from the old Home.

The new avatar system obviously still supports the old avatar materials, we should be able to pick them.

I miss my old avatar :(

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Passthrough for first 10 seconds after putting on headset (add as an optional setting)

As a Rift S user, I would like to put on my headset and immediately see the room via pass-through for about 10 seconds so I can find my headphones and touch controllers.

The double touch oculus button is a great feature for turning on passthrough, but.. you have to already have the controllers in your hand!

If you're like me, you put on the rift s, then fumble around blind trying to find where on your desk your controllers/headphones are. An auto pass-through for 10 seconds would REALLY be helpful and a great use of the pass-through technology

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

675 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

11. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Oculus Venues

Since we paid the most for your headsets, why does this have to be such a big deal. Just add Venues to Rift. We couldn't watch the oculus connect 5 livestream in VR.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Height Adjustment

Please give us an option that allows us to adjust our height, like a slider or a TextBox to specify a height. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home after along day is standing for hours playing a 100+ hour game like Fallout4VR. Many games are perfectly playable and, in fact, more enjoyable, playing seated, but in many games I'm currently as tall as a child.

Please, please give us a height setting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. To correct some day gamma and brightness...

Actually blacks are grays.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 72hz mode for watching movies in Rift S

Watching 24fps content in Rift S currently features quite a bit of judder, due to its 80hz refresh rate not being divisible by 24. Enabling a 72hz mode on the headset would allow for perfectly smooth 24fps motion. This would be a huge benefit when watching Netflix in the dashboard, or movies in Bigscreen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To translate and dub games to spanish

Context:

ALL the movies are dubbed to Spain-spanish from almost a century ago.

Before PS One, Sega and Nintendo did'nt translated subtitles of the games. Childs playing randomly without understand the story.

Then PS One arrived and smashed his competency. Nintendo 64 with untranslated games.

Sony translates and dubs all the games from PSX launch.Then PS third parties too with exceptions.

Spain is one of the most Sony lovers countries of the world. Later Microsoft arrived translating and dubbing too.

I hate GTAs because need to read translated subtitles while characters speak in english. I want to drive while understand…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom imported objects was an awesome update! Now let us share them with others.

Finally allowing us to create and import custom made objects into home was a great step into making our VR homes truly unique. Now you should add some sort of community section for sharing those objects. Some people aren't that technically inclined/artistic or simply don't have time for the hours of work it takes, but allowing them to easily download awesome content from other users who are and do is a must. Personally I'd love to share some of the objects I've made already with other users. Like Longclaw (jon snows sword from GOT) and I'd love to see what…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add prize box rewards for spending time in Oculus Home, not just in other Apps/Games.

Currently time spent in Oculus Home does not earn you prize box rewards... increasingly, Home is becoming a social hub where I meet people, meet up with friends, share ideas and home designs, even watch videos and play little Home-created mini games. However no prize rewards are giving for the time we spend hanging out in Home, we only get prizes boxes for launching into other apps. Give Home the credit it deserves, and offer rewards for it just like other apps.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base