Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Don't require Facebook for social features

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decidion. I will not allow my children to be exposed thru Facebook so you can make a few pennies in marketing kickbacks. We will never participate in an Oculus social media again and I will actively campaign online against you from this point on.

2,299 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

133 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional languages for Lone Echo II

Lone Echo supports several different international languages and many non-english speaking people worldwide played Lone Echo in their preferred (native) language.

And even though the Lone Echo II: Trailer Experience supports the most common non-english languages the full game doesn't include any languages besides english. RAD Studios even stated on twitter that there are no plans to localize the game.

This means every person who enjoyed Lone Echo with her/his preferred non-english language now is left behind and certainly feels betrayed, because either people don't understand english good enough or because they loved the dub/synchronization in their native language from…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optical handtracking for Rift S

Please make sure that - alongside Quest - Rift S will also get optical hand tracking. Parity between the headsets should be a high priority. Currently there's no clear commitment either way and Rift S users shouldn't be left out if there's not a serious, technical reason.

2,722 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

218 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Continue selling Rift (CV1) cables

Rift CV1 owners are concerned at the recent decision to stop selling the Rift CV1 accessories only 6 months after the sale of the last headset. Of particular concern is the lack headset cable which is probably the most fragile component. The expectation that we should buy a whole new headset if this $50 part fails is a major concern.

Many circumstances can occur outside of warranty conditions like

• pets can chew this cable
    • accidental twisting over time fatigues the cable
    • accidental falls can pull the cable from the PC

All these circumstances are not Oculus' fault and should not…

2,229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

270 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to disable vibration of controllers in Rift S

Ability to disable vibration of controllers in the Rift S to increase battery life. Also, when the controllers vibrate, there is a freeze of joysticks in games.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep Rift S alive, killing it will force us to move on to Index, PSVR 2 which is a shame becuase its the No.2 headset on Steam.

Keep Rift S alive! Killing it will force us to move on to Index, PSVR 2 which is a shame becuase its the No.2 headset on Steam.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop Sidelining the Rift S and its users

Hi Oculus,

I hope this gets voted.

It would be cool to let people @ Oculus know we Oculus Rift S users feel completely sidelined since the release of the Quest 2, and even more so know that you've screwed over people who forked over a lot of money for your products by artificially limiting the RE4 VR version to the Quest 2.

Don't stop supporting your other platforms.

Need we remind you that Rift S is still the best alternative to play PC VR today?

We all know about the performance issues the Quest 2 has with that overpriced…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Play quest games using rift s?

Play quest games using rift s?

We know that a quest can take advantage of the pcvr titles using a link.

I have quest games I wish I could play on my rift s.

Can we get a quest android emulator so we can run our quest library and even the hands free feature on our rift s.

Windows emulates android, even a couple of good android emulators out there.

Just need you guys to make a vr android emulator so we can log in and use our quest games and features

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chinese users need new download line support

Although oculus products have not been officially sold in mainland China, tens of thousands of users have chosen oculus. Because of GFW, tens of thousands of users are unable to activate or update the device, and many new users are forced to give up using oculus excellent VR devices for this reason. Therefore, we hope to get oculus' help.

There are two ways to alleviate the problem:
    1、 Set up CDN nodes or servers in Asia or China
    Facebook server IP has been completely blocked by GFW; Amazon's servers in the U.S. are not ideal in China. (slow download speed)…

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can i get a full refund. as i don't have a facebook account and i don't want a facebook account to play my oculus.

Give us all a full refund. No one wants a facebook account to play their rifts

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Harry potter open world game!!

With speech recognition to cast spells

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Finally an end to stick drift ! Cheap and easy too!

I've personally tested and used this method to completely wipe out stick drift from anywhere from 3 to 6 months no fiddling with settings required!

I've bought several replacement controllers over the years to replace the ones with unplayable stick drift and the cost started adding up quickly.

The solution you might ask, well its $8 and a trip to your local auto zone. Mass airflow sensor cleaner!

Surprisingly, I've had great success with this method follow it step by step and you'll soon find their back to normal

Please do this outside or in a well ventilated area !…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keep Selling Rift S Cables and Controllers

How about selling Rift S cables and controllers for the MANY users who still have these consoles?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lone Echo 2 offered on Steam

Would love to see Lone Echo 2 on Steam, I would purchase then as I am currently running a Vive Pro 2. I am sure there are a lot of other headset users that would like this as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Experimental 90Hz (or higher) mode for Rift S and Quest

As we know, display panels of Rift S and Quest are capable of running at 90Hz, but locked away due to heat or certification issues. Please provide an experimental option for advanced users to "overclock" their device and use it at higher refresh rates.

We understand that Oculus wants to provide a smooth experience for general customers but please also allow room for enthusiast users to tinker with their devices.

526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To take screenshot is extremely annoying, the panel fade outs randomly before we can click it

It is not consistent and purelly random. Some times works properly:

home button -> right pannel -> popup with screenshot function

Other times it acts like teasing me with no reason, and disapears before can click the screenshot button.

Also is annoying the 5 seconds time out. Should acts like in Quest, autoquit the HUD.

I keep looking for the "bug". I may need to point the left hand laser towards my back so it doesn't happen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your OculusSetup.exe webservers are using deprecated encryption algorithms vulnerable to DROWN attacks.

Your OculusSetup.exe webservers are using deprecated encryption algorithms vulnerable to DROWN attacks.

<the_source.png>
    DESCRIPTION: The encryption algo being used to send installation files for oculus drivers. As you can see, it is deprecated and anyone can decrypt/ perform a man in the middle attacks. This is a zero day type of exploit.

<the_packets.png>
    DESCRIPTION: This the source IP address, meaning these SSLV2 packets are coming from "31.13.70.51" anyone can download wireshark, start the oculus client wait for the download to start the connection and then begin the wireshark capture, to capture the packets.

<trace_route.png>
    DESCRIPTION: I then performed a trace…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rift S Cable improvements

So, I recently experienced cable issues when I wanted to get into my VR experience like probably a good amount of people have experienced it.

To be clear, I'm no expert by any means. I can only share what I read and found out myself.

I would love to hear back what can be done or what exactly is going on. Preferably from someone who actually worked or works on these things at Oculus.

Enough of the introduction, let's get into it.

My cable broke somewhere inside, give it a little wiggle and it drops out. Give it another and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop Filtering The Trigger Axis Value

The trigger axis value is filtered, meaning that controllers do not properly register rapid trigger pulls.

This is not a controller issue but a software issue. It means that games that require you to pull the trigger as fast as possible do not work properly as they are not receiving raw input data.

According to people who have looked into it this is done to smooth the finger tracking in the Oculus Home. This is not worth the gameplay ramifications.

Remove the trigger filtering.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow original RIFT trade in for QUEST 2

Since my original RIFT has a broken connection cable and you can no longer get cables from oculus or 3rd party, Oculus should allow us to trade in our RIFT's for credit towards a QUEST 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 84 85
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base