Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. The store in its current form is either redundant or slightly feature poor.

The store space is now a separate one from our home spaces but still accessible there in a menu. Why not keep them more closely linked and at most make the store space a dynamic doorway/portal instead of a fully separate (yet non-interactive) instance. I would prefer everything to be quickly accessible instead of having to go through a loading screen that leads to a redundant and slightly barebones storefront. I would also prefer the behavior in both to be consistent.

So either let us walk/teleport around and interact more in the store, or beef up the store menu in…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding a games' 'Movement Method' category, to allow Sorting when browsing games.

When browsing all games you can currently sort games by 'popularity, A-Z, Comfort Rating, Release Date, User Rating and Price. Adding a filter that allows you to select your preferred Movement Method will be a great way for users to browse games that prefer certain movement options.

Full Locomotion, Teleport, Wave shooter or Static.

Adding a filter that allows you to select 'Supports Oculus touch' would be useful too please!!!

I hate being interested in a game and having to look through reviews to find out there's no free locomotion!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow sorting / filtering of the Wishlist

Just like the sort and filter options when a user browses "All" titles in the Store, allows users viewing their Wishlist to sort their wishlist e.g. A-Z, Date Added, Price etc

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Separate pages for DLCs

It would be great if we could see, comment and rate DLCs.

Now, we can only see there is a DLC.

We cannot even search for it.

It took me 10 minutes to find Echo Combat DLC and it was in a situation when I knew it exists, it is related to a speciffic game and others are playing it already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add games to Wishlist while in VR

First, thank you for the new Wish List feature.

However, I was surprised I couldn't add games to my Wish List while browsing the store in VR (maybe I missed how to add it?).

Thanks !!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to hide installed apps from the Store listings

When browsing the store, it is handy to know that you already have an app / game, but when you have a large number of installed games, it can detract from browsing new content.

Please give the user an option in the Store to hide installed applications from the Store listings, so that the user can concentrate on browsing new content.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show which games has achievements on the store page.

Simply have a tag on the store page that shows if a product has the achievements functionality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just copy/paste the ideas from Steam

Steam already matured, why not use it?
    Play history
    Friends with the game (and friend game list)
    Related games
    Game's you'd like based on your actual gaming and library
    etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show on store listings a flag or icon to indicate that it is in your wishlist

When browsing the store, it would be useful to know that particular items are in your wish list already, so that you don't go into them again when you've already added them to the wishlist.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. option to hide apps you don't like

I for one am not a big fan of zombie type games, and have never really wanted Killing Floor or Arizona Sunshine, but they're constantly on the front page of the Store, where I have to see it every time I log on, even though I'm not interested. An option to select an app you want to hide in the store and click "not interested" to clear it from your queue would be nice.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give Store credit for Rift purchases that reference a current owner's personal referral code

The installed base is already VR's most influential set of advocates, with some hosting VR parties, demoing at offices, or taking their rigs on the road to conferences and events.

Why not encourage and reward this behavior directly with the "Uber model": give us each a personal code, and when someone buys a Rift using that code, we get a store credit? A meaningful but modest figure, like $20-$30, is still significantly less than your current customer acquisition cost.

If you want to sweeten the deal, add in a $5-$10 credit for any Go sold using our referral code.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please don't "optimize" the downloads and updates anymore.

When downloading or updating a game, the download is "optimized" in phase 1 of the process. I do not know what the optimization goal is, but if it is time, it blatantly fails.

This "optimization" is so slow that I downloaded and installed a ~20GB game in Steam while Oculus did just start downloading.

Experiment: I have keys for Elite:Dangerous for both Steam and Oculus Store. Started the installation on two PCs, one Steam and one Oculus, on a nominally 120Mbit shared internet connection via local Gbit ethernet. Oculus finished "optimization" when Steam was well over 70% downloading.

When I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Switch to the Store more quickly

The new Store is gorgeous (!) but takes ages to load. I'd like for there to be a quick-switch option that immediately launches the Store, not slowly builds it up.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Look for pre-existing files while installing a game

I have the "Oculus/Software/software" folder from my previous installation. when I reinstalled Oculus, I chose another path (D/Oculus apps/) to install games, but all my games from the previous installation are gone. When I reinstall a game from the store, it starts downloading from 0, even if I move my "software/Software" directory to the new D/Oculus Apps" directory. It was over 200GB of data and now it's all gone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gift and wish list

Add the possibility to create a wish list ansd also allow the possibility tu buy a game to someone

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A hardware link box with built in super-sampling

I noticed Pimax is developing their HMD with built-in SS. I was thinking if a device like the HTC link-box could be developed that had this ability it would sell like mad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the user library to the Store

The Core 2.0 Store is awesome compared to classic Home (Core 1.0). Bigger pictures make items easier to see and look more attractive. But why not add the user library to the Store?
    Basically all items in the library are coming from Store - and then users didn't have to pull out Dash to access their library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to start directly in Store instead of Home

Normally I use Store and my apps - only. Having to always load a giant ship and scenic view of the Mediterranean Sea feels like overkill and annoying when I just want to go to the Store.

Why not add a switch to Dash allowing users to decide if Home or Store should be loaded as default, when putting on the HMD or when exiting a game or app?

Also the new Store is awesome, and has a simplistic design like classic Home (Core 1.0), thus users missing classic Home may enjoy to have the new Store set as default…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE stop Store autoloading inside headset

PLEASE stop Store and other dash screens autoloading inside headset.
    Whenever I put the headset on, Home starts loading, but then also the STORE and other Dash screens load. Can you please allow a setting that just loads the Home without the Dash screens.
    I am trying to setup VR demo's at a sales event using Home as starting point. Now I have to constantly click away the Store screens using the touch controller whenever a participant puts on the headset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have real life game accessories in the store and the ability to order it straight from the headset to your house

Like in the movie 'ready player one' the Oculus store should implement real-life accessories like haptic items and additional sensors, wires, treadmills and more. It would also be cool to be able to pick up and look at the things that we wanted to buy inside the headset and then order it straight to our house plus it would be useful to have all the accessories and especially haptics and treadmills in one place instead of having to spend hours on the internet trying to find them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base