Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Open the Oculus Store for other headsets

In my opinion you should open the Store to support other headsets like the Valve Index or Windows Mixed Reality. I do not believe your headset sales would drop, because you make the best headsets for a affordable price. But I also want to use my Index with Finger Tracking for my Oculus games. Currently it is only possible by using Revive.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support original Rift users by letting them buy replacement controllers and accessories

Facebook did a great job providing accessories for the original Rift until recently. Now I can't buy a replacement controller or headset wire from the store. Wires are going for $150 on amazon. Is this because of manufacturing problems, or because Facebook decided to stop supporting Rift just three and a half years after launching oculus touch? Facebook: support your hardware for at least 10 years if possible!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A store environment to walk around in while browsing games (much like Home)

I've noticed the in-VR store has been reduced to a simple Dash menu, which is convenient but not as exciting.

A good VR approach would be to expand on the previous implementation of the store with free locomotion and multiplayer so people can actually wander around the place and browse games and apps with friends. Much like how Home went from a stationary 1.0 environment to a free locomotion 2.0 experience, the Store could have a 2.0 update in the same vein. It would make shopping in VR a lot more fun.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create Gift Card item in Game store

Create the option to purchase credits or a gift card that can be transferable to a user -- I don't necessarily know what game my friend wants but I know he wants to buy a new game!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Abandoned App by Developer

I contacted support to report an Abandoned App the response was to post here. I've copied previous emails below. To save time.

MariaB (Oculus Support)

Aug 23, 2020, 3:30 AM PDT

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Uculus Support.

I understand that you are having issues with the videos. We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention. I am glad to assist you with this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I would suggest to please click here for the direct feedback forum.

We continuously strive and make ways to make the best VR experience for you.

Please…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More payment methods and features - gift card, wallet, etc...

Hello,

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, playstation network cards.
    And I know other stores that also offer this type of payment.

I have nor want a credit card or to make a paypal account as they come with unwanted costs.

Payment methods should be plentiful and convenient.
    The oculus store is the only one…

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Gift cards and gift certificates! (And yes, already voted for the other similar suggestions.)

Gift cards and gift certificates! (And yes, already voted for the other similar suggestions.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shipment to greece

I live in greece and i want to buy an oculus rift s but the problem is that most of our stores dont sell any vr headset and most of them are pretty scummy i have been thinking about buying it from the italian or german amazon so i pay less fees but im still worried of getting scammed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Open stores worldwide especially middle east?

add more stores worldwide to compete with vive which is available Worldwide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable BRL currency in experiences store for Brazil owners

I'm from Brazil, and pay the experiences in dollar is very expensive to us. We don't earn as much as an north american and we need to pay tax because of the international transaction.

Do as Steam/Uplay/Epic Store/Origin/GOG... , do specific prices for Brazil, not only convert the dollar to BRL, but make the prices lower to make possible to us buy more games and experiences.

Facebook already have payments in BRL, please, make Oculus Store accept it too.

Thanks, Diego.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sell replacement headband padding (not only the complete headband)

At this moment we can only buy a complete headband for the Rift S. It would be nice to sell the replaceable inserts for the headband separately since they can get really dirty when doing a lot of physical intensive games like Beat Saber. Also when playing with multiple persons on one headset it would be nice have a set of "pillows" for each player. Buying a complete headband for each player is just ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Replacement lenses

As the lenses of the Rift S ( and possibly also the other VR headsets) get scratched easily by someone wearing glasses it would be nice to sell replacement lenses. I know they are "not removable by the user", but i'm sure there are a lot of company's who can specialize in doing this for us. Also there will be a lot of users who have the skills to replace the lenses and don't care if that makes the warranty invalid. Having a scratch free set of lenses is more important than the limited warranty as I see it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. gift

I tried to buy a game for a friend only to find out it was literally impossible. It's been years since Oculus has been a thing, there is no excuse for this. What the actual ****?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oculus Go and Quest Games and Apps on Oculus Rift S

The quest is getting Rift and SteamVR games and allready have Oculus Go games, but what about the rift? I think it makes sense that Oculus makes it possible to play Go and Quest games on the rift, especially now that they have made this possible on the Quest.
    Thats what i wanted to say, hope you understand why i want this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add more regions to the list of supported countries. to buy the headsets, like brazil and other

adding another regions we can buy the headset by the original price 399 dolars on the oculus website,because on amazon it costs 2000 dolars or more

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow preordered games to be downloaded ahead of the release date

Simple concept, this is something that the PlayStation Store already offers. Basically, there’s a 48 hour window prior to a games release where, if you’ve preordered the game, you’ll be able to download it ahead of time, to let you play the game as soon as it’s available.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add Singapore to your list of supported countries

I recently purchased the Rift S through Amazon. Everything is working swell but it turns out that you don’t officially support my country so I can’t buy replacements of accessories directly from you only third party accessories via other means.

This is a huge disappointment for me, I hope that you can expand your support to my county and perhaps neighboring countries in the region too!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deal with the scalpers.

Example: Report eBay sellers for price gouging. As well as do the same on other platforms, And other such things.

Doing all you can to deal with the scalpers will not only help with customer relations, but will also help get the product you produce into the hands of those who will use them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reserve option for the website

Add a reserve option on the website for people who haven't bought a headset yet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rift headset counter weight

Could you produce some sort of counter weight with a strap or Velcro to attach to the rear of the Rift. I am only able to play for one or two days before the neck strain (caused by all the weight at the front), making me abstain from play for three to five days before I can play again for another day or two. This is something I would happily pay for

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base