Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

689 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

2. Allow objects to be resized

You can rotate objects but you can't make them bigger or smaller!

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User created environments

Allowing user created environments for the room and surroundings. They could be available through a community tab/section.
    Maybe even with a voting system.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I can’t speak to user created exterior environments / skyboxes, we did add the ability to import custom geometry as the basis for your Home. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes! I’ll mark this idea as ‘Started’ as it seems like half of this submission was completed.

4. Option to disable Home

I love Dash, and I noticed that before Home loads, you can just have Dash in a blank environment. I would like this.

Home has awful performance on my PC and I honestly just don't care for it, but I know others love it, so I would like an option in the settings to disable home but keep Dash instead of going back to the classic Oculus home.

I'm running a GTX 1060 3GB, i5-6600K, and 8GB DDR4 and Home is unusable for me.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this idea! Within the 1.42 PTC software update, there is an option to disable the automatic launching of Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app. Please opt into the public test channel to check it out and let us know what you think!

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base