Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Portals from the Oculus Home to Your Games

I love the idea of a virtual retro console and you place a VR headset on your head to play VR in VR (so meta), but what if those game cartridges could be placed in a console about waist height and then there's some kind of Star Trek-esque device where a portal/ Rift (see what I did there) shows up? I feel like this would enhance immersion in the game space, unify the barriers between games, and make it feel like a cohesive, shared universe.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to create multiple homes and switch between them.

Not sure if this is a plan for when it is actually fully released, but it would be better than having to rearrange everything if you want a change in scenery.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OCULUS...Fix RESET VIEW by voice command instead! & add a simple Media Player!

Just had to look at my own **** bent over backwards to try and read your bloody screen!
    For a Media Device that does not even use Voice Coms (like they use to) for many used things is ridiculous!
    It also should have a Media Player we can access easily via the wristband.
    You can pay me for the ideas!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Larger TV Screen !

The current tv screens require u to be quite close to see clearly. For movie viewing with multiplayer, we need a TV at least 2X the size of the current ones. Something that can be viewed from a distance. Thank you

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate edit mode

Have a separate mode for when you want to edit your home. That way you're less likely to accidentally change something while you're interacting with objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A Few Add Ons

1.) Ability to broadcast from desktop to all display screens in your Oculus home simultaneously
    2.) A small scoreboard for the basketball hoop.
    3.) A small bowling lane option with score board
    4.) Dart boards and the ability to play cards and other like games with friends.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chess game

once Multiplayer is added, have games like chess, checkers, and other board games that you can play with visitors to your Home

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Pictures

The ability to use your media library to put your own pictures on your wall and or videos.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. pencil+paper

it would be cool to have a pencil and a paper so we can be able to make drawings, write a book maybe?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. import interactive

Allow import / creation of custom objects that can be interacted with. Right now, any imported object is static (expect it can have animation in it). I would like to be able to import an object that starts to animate whenever I grab it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preset move locations

Allow creation of set teleport locations within home

For example, I would love to set a point near cartridge table that is conveniently placed relative to my real room. Just so I wouldn't have to readjust the teleport location when i bump into walls.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Auto and Manual Seasons. Based on time-zone, time of the year or weather.

Turn On Weather Conditions (ADVANCED) -
    The forecast can change in HOME based on your physical locations weather conditions.

For instance, a partnership with Dark Sky would send you a notification when rain is coming. When the rain hits, the environment will have rain, and lightning depending if its a thunderstorm. (Just imagine looking out into the sea in the pirate environment with the boats rocking back and forth)

Turn On Seasons (BASIC) -
    It's winter, its snowing.
    It's Summer, its sunny
    It's Spring, sunny, hummingbirds and butterflies are more active
    It's Fall, leaves start falling from trees.
    It's Halloween,…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make achievements smaller, or scalable

the achievement plaques are now way to display multiple achievements or make any kind of trophy case for them. it would be nice of they would be the size of a postcard or make them scalable so we can decide our selves how and where to display them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved handles / snapping / no-clip mode

Snapping is very useful, but over-aggressive in some situations and doesn't work in others.

More rotational control at range, for example entering a "rotation mode" where the object stays fixed at the current location and the touch controller input is mapped to object rotation directly. This would make it easier to place objects at locations where it is hard to reach.

Somewhat related, a no-clip mode like when an object is held close would also be useful at range and a no-clip mode with physics disabled during placement would make interactables more flexible to use as props. Kind of hard…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have a popup notification if you try to grab an item from the Home Library, and you can't.

Have a popup notification "item cannot be used until Home is unlocked", if you try to grab an item from the Home Library, and you can't, because your Home is locked and you forgot you locked it because it's in a menu you rarely visit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Art masterpieces from around the world?

I expect that there are copyright / permission issues, etc, with this... But it would be great to be able to have van Gogh, Picasso, da Vinci, etc, etc paintings (and sculptures?) in the home.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the 3D printer from "First Contact"

For fun, offer parts of the 3D printer to unlock. When complete, we can place it and even add a few of our unlocked items (anything visitors can manipulate) to its "memory" that get randomly selected for printing. Include the other "disks" as well (gun, butterflies, noise makers).

Add the "monitor" with "keyboard" that allow users to scroll through selections for more predictable fun.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Containers for things such as ping pong balls and golf balls

a container that can hold the balls and let them rest with the built-in physics would be neat.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adjust the alignment of the laser gun

Right now the toy laser gun is angled slightly inwards instead of perfectly in line with your touch controller. I love blasting the little pixilated targets when i'm board but the gun is a little awkward compared to what i'm used to in games.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base