Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freedom of access.

Make it possible to change the head hight in games for those in wheelchairs or of limited hight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a 'Retrieve All' option for new items for the Home

There needs to be some sort of "Retrieve All" button for new Home items.

When you're playing a game and get a notification that you've earned new items for your home, you're in the middle of a game and can't retrieve them.
    When you're done playing a game, you might just shut everything down without remembering you've earned items.

So when you finally decide it's time to retrieve those items, you have to do it for Each. And. Every. Time. you got a new set of items.
    If you haven't done this for a few weeks--or months--it's a very tedious…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let Friends Help Decorate Your Home

My brother just bought a rift and we are really enjoying playing together! Here’s the story: he told me he was going to take a break and decorate his home, so I asked him if he could invite me so I could help. I made my home very nice so o wanted to help him choose objects and show him good places to put things...etc. after getting into his home, he couldn’t even move the furniture himself!

I think there needs to be a “home decor” mode or something where you can give permissions to certain friends to help build…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tous les utilisateurs vous détestent vous n'êtes pas un modérateur mais un criminel le mode nuit

et beaucoup de paramètres sont essentiels si je savais comment le développer aurait été fait depuis longtemps j'aurais mis en place un mode nuit vous y êtes des criminels il n'y a pas de réglage de la luminosité cette fois, tout le monde veut déposer une plainte contre vous pour obsolescence
    Programmer vos mises à jour sont inutiles nous déposerons une plainte contre vous

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. all the users hate you you are not a moderator but a criminal the night mode and a lot of parameters are essential

All the users hate you you are not a moderator but a criminal the night mode and a lot of parameters are essential if I knew how to develop it would have been done a long time ago I would have set up a night mode you are criminals there there is no brightness adjustment this time, everyone wants to file a complaint against you for obsolescence
    Scheduling your updates is useless we will file a complaint against you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Det här handlar inte om produkten men det handlar om vr jag vet jag är dum men kan läsa min ide hahaahah

Hej jag är 17 år gammal en vanlig kille,Det finns något som kallas Vr dull dive jag tror inte it du vet vad jag snackar om. V full dive är att du är inne i spelet men din kropp ligger och sover kan man säga ahahahahha.vr kan vara som ett hjälm.Jag undrar om ni hade sån ide det ändå sjukt att var i ett spel och din kropp ligger sover bara din hjärna som fungerar och kontrollerar jag fick inspriton av serie eller anime sword art online det handlar om det.Jag vet det är dumt vad jag snackar om men…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. App in the Home to read text messages from your phone

A simple In-Game App that is compatible with Android and iPhone that lets you hit the Oculus button while in game and read (and hopefully reply) Text messages without having to remove the headset.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. oculus home broadcast screen interaction

would be great if you open a screen broadcast and actually be able to click on the screen and do stuff rather than just having it there to look at

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a way to test external 3D objects BEFORE importing them. Or gine an option to REMOVE definitely unwanted/unworking objects.

I imported some objects into my home.
    Unfortunately some imported objects didn't work well, so I decided to remove them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory, but I still can see them into the home imported objects list.
    The issue is -- not all the external objects seem to work.
    Some of them didn't work at all: in this case, you will see them in the Imported Objects List shown as a Red Sign. Then you can simply delete them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory and they are gone. Ok.
    Some other objects have a difefrent behaviour: they ARE listed into…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Oculus Virtual Desktop work for Windows standard users. Currently it works only with the legacy power user permissions.

Currently Oculus Virtual Desktop works only with legacy power user permissions on Windows 10. This problem has been discussed in the forum in January 2018 and nothing changed since then. I found out this only by a time eating investigation:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/72826/bug-cant-perform-mouse-actions-on-virtual-desktop-in-home-with-standard-account

I use a standard user account because this is the way to use a PC secure.
    I don't want to elevate my account to legacy power user group.
    Based on less information from the internet the Power user group has similar permissions like the standard user group but something must be different, because the Virtual Desktop works with that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make "you have received new reward items" popup possible to disable

Popup now shows up no matter what you are doing. I don't care about the items, I don't need the distraction and it also seems to make other apps/games laggy while it's open.

A setting to simply disable it would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. disable oculus home notifications

I find the notifications about having earned items etc. in oculus home to be intrusive (I don't use oculus home at all and am not interested in it, and even if I was, I wouldn't want to know every single time oculus decided I warranted a new item) and I can't find any way to disable them. The notifications completely break immersion on sensory games and distract significantly in action games, so yeah. Please include an option to completely avoid them coming up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text Messages

Please give us the possibility to send text messages to our friends. Not always they are online or if they are online may be can't receive a call. Having the possibility to send text messages when they are online or offline would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cable extension options

As of right now me and my roommate both really want to use the a rift s, but our rigs are close together so to make this even viable for either of us we would need more then four metres of cable so that he and I can both use the rift s in a confortable play erea

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. by having the dk2 supported for the new oculus program as it is fair to all that have the older tech

by having the dk2 supported for the new oculus program as it is fair to all that have the older tech

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customize Home Avatar Hands (Skin / WHITE GLOVE / Cyber options maybe)

Hello!
    I recently bought a Rift S and have been using it for a few days now. However, I haven't been connected to the internet until today. When I connected and used the Oculus Home, I noticed that my hands changed from white (like gloves / hologram) to a fleshy pinkish that persist even when back offline. How do I revert / edit my hand appearance? I'm probably missing something but I didn't see it in the avatar mirror.
    I included a screenshot of the fleshy hands as comparison with the white hands I want back.

This is my screenshot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A local home

It would be possible to have a home that is completely independent of the internet. A home that is private and nothing in it is uploaded to the Internet. For now, each item is uploaded to the internet for the sake of sharing the place with others, but it would be better if it were 100% independent. It is also good to repair because there are no stable surfaces in the present. If you place an object, it may be on the floor, not on it. It is so difficult to arrange the items correctly. It wasn't like that before.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

731 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base