Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Make the library tiles themselves into play buttons.

Why have a tiny play button in the middle of the tile for each library item, why not make the whole tile into a play button?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Floppy disks as an alternative to cartridges just for fun.

An old computer with floppy disks to start your games as an alternative to the console with cartridges.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Celestial clock is bugged

Currently the planets do not rotate if the object is placed on top of something (like a rug or even just the floor). If you float it a few mm above the floor the planets do rotate, but as soon as your house reloads it drops to the floor and the planets stop rotating again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Object edge snap

An incremental Snap lock for objects when placing one on top of another. When trying to line up the edges of one box on top of another , they are very slippery and it's extremely hard to line them up persicely. It can sit on it correctly with the current system, but outer edges of box will not line up without another surface or your dexterity and talent.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alow achivments from pre oculus games purchases

the ability to get achievements from other games that we've bought outside of oculus but have VR capability. Example I've bought elite dangerous a long time ago, but it didn't seem to give the art work box or cartridge in the virtual home, but you sell it on oculus. Give us a way to link pree oculus home games. So they become worth wild in oculus home.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remember location when returning to Home from another experience

I have been using Desktop for development tasks. I am constantly launching a VR game window from Unity. This takes me into my Unity experience. When I stop the game window Home restarts. I like this behavior, it's really cool---but it drops me in the default location, which I don't like. I had already teleported myself to a nice spot, why can't I stay there? I remember where I was at, so it makes me feel like the geography is shifting around me without my input.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disco equipment with light show

Need some Disco / DJ equipment to **** the Home!

• Mirror ball (Reflecting when lit.)
    • Smoke machine (to expose lasers and light) Light & Heavy smoke
    • Lasers / Scanners
    • Moving heads
    • Spotlights / Strobes

And a possibility to program / control them "Sequencer", Auto/Manual mode, Audio Sync from Video/Music playback.

Or

Just some simple, fixed sequences.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Third party cooperation: Integrate Amazon Echo and Philips Ambilight TVs

Absolutely loving what you guys have achieved! Now buckle up for an awesome idea:
    I suggest extensive third party cooperation in oder to bring real items, including their functionality, to the room. Imagine this:

• I'm in my room that has a virtual Amazon Echo (or any other smart speaker) placed somewhere on a shelf. Now, I can use Alexa to dimm the lights, play music/radio or even call one of my contacts via "Alexa Calling".

• There has already been made a suggestion for a wall TV screen, which I strongly support. But let's go a step further: Pitch the idea…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lost & Found Items list

I know there are some ping pong and golf balls rolling around in my apartment, but i can't find an or delet them. A complete list of itmes would be nice to be able to select itmes that are no more visible because they clipped inside some other itmes or that you simply can not find anymore. Selected Items could get highlighted and deleted directly from this list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rotation snapping for objects

Ability to rotate objects in 90 degree increments to keep everything aligned parallel or perpendicular relative to the walls and ground.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restore to Default / Save / Profiles

Be able to restore the home to it's default configuration. It's so easy to accidentally move stuff and it even puts you off moving items just to interact with them as it will be a pain to put them back. Having an edit mode or being able to lock items in place somehow would be very useful. Having multiple profiles could be really cool too - I could come up with different layouts I like and be able to switch between them depending on my mood.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fireworks and Pyro effects

Soon it's New Years eve and we do not have any "pyro" effects!

We need some night theme and a possible to build or rig your custom firework show to blast off!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Classic Terminal

We need an old classic Terminal emulator, like a VT220 or VT100

That is possible to use, with a possibility to connect to the outside world servers via Telnet to specific IP addresses or DNS names.

Then you or the community could setup different chat services, mail and other fun services! With plain basic ASCII.

That would be seriously fun! (But kinda Neardy i guess..)

/J

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. VR friend-friend calling (phone call)

-First set VR guest armchair in your home environment
    -If friend calls you -they materialize into your Home chair
    -If you call your friend, you appear in their guest chair in their Home
    -locomotion-wise, this will be static but you can look around at your friend's "Home"
    -(the guest chair could be a designated seat on a sofa or an armchair)

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sword Grip and some ideas for sword related interaction:

Hello Folks, I'm loving Oculus Core 2 - find myself puttering around in the vr space more than actually loading games now, AMAZING start.

However, while I don't yet have a sword of my own in my objects, I did spend a bit of time playing with the one in the example rooms, and was frankly a bit disappointed. The reason is not the modeling or art or anything like that - but the grip.

You've modeled the oculus controllers with a beautiful ergonomic grip, that lays in your hand very similarly to how a sword hilt should sit (that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to toggle item sound effects on/off

Some items have sound effects (neon lightbulb, sun and planets table, etc). While this is a nice feature, they can get annoying after a while. If we had the ability to turn this sound off that'd be great.

I have a lightbulb by my main table but the whine sound is driving me bonkers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. release objecst in our base were objects are selected from if we loose them

give us a way to release an achievement or object if it gets stuck behind a wall or the floor. I had assets that were on top of another it was a cartridge on a rug. I picked the rug up by mistake and I tilted the larger asset (rug) half way into the floor, once I regraded the rug later to move it, the cartridge that was on the furthest corner under the floor is now stuck under the floor and I have no way to get to it? I only had one and it will not respawn in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make home larger

Provide different basses for your homes main layout, alow users to add new rooms with different options for size and shape. As well as provide rooms for different functions (ex. Rift Games, movie, store, toy room, ect

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)