Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Don't require Facebook for social features

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decidion. I will not allow my children to be exposed thru Facebook so you can make a few pennies in marketing kickbacks. We will never participate in an Oculus social media again and I will actively campaign online against you from this point on.

1,893 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

96 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Home Whiteboard similar to HL:Alyx

Add interactive whiteboards to Oculus Home.
    Great for Recording / Interactive Games with guests etc

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me play Steam VR Games without the performance hungry device known as Oculus app running in the background.

Don't know about you... but whenever I play any steam vr game (which I do much more often than oculus), it takes up about 26% of my cpu, and a decent chunk of my memory. All I really want is a way to play GORN without my cpu ******** itself, due to the oculus app. Make it less performance hungry, or just an option to make it gone in general.

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Look, if you're not going to keep the Oculus Rift S stocked in stores, then at least let us pre-order them for when they come in stock!

If you're not going to keep the Oculus Rift S stocked in stores, then at least let us pre-order them for when they are back in stock! If not that, give us SOME idea of when they will be re-stocked! I'm going out of my mind here!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio

Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hand & Face Skin Types (Galaxy Skin!)

Please bring these skins back for your hands! This is a current photo I took today! (3/30/20) So I know they are in your system. That's my friend's hands. My hands used to be just like this but red. Then I pulled out that stupid Avatar Editor and it forever changed my options to normal human skin types. I want the UNREAL in VR. I dont want normal. Common! Its not hard. I loved looking down and seeing a galaxy in my hands. THAT IS WHAT VR IS ABOUT! Not some pasty skin flesh. Upvote this friends!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Non-Human Avatar Options

The best part of VR is escaping my boring human existence... so why do I still have to look like a human? I can never even make the human avatar look like ME anyways, and it drives me crazy.

Robots, Monsters, Animal-People, all would be great to have as avatar options.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option "Mode nuit" pour réduire l'exposition à la lumière bleue

faite une option pour baiser la luminosité si c’est possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. faire un mode nuit et avoir hand traking sur rift s

j’aimerai avoir un mode nuit dans le cas que de VR oculus rift s et -il possible de faire ce ci panser aux yeux des gens merci d'avance ça fait 1 ans que j’attend cette fonction pouvez-vous faire une mise à jour du casque cdt ,sinon j’adore ce casque de VR mais il manque le mode nuit cruellement absent du casque et qui fait vraiment défaut ca fatigue énormément les yeux, on fait bien les mode nuit sur des téléphone pourquoi pas sur un casque de VR c'est encore pire puise que c'est directement sur les yeux s’il-vous-plais faite quelle…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please change the logic that determines what houses show up under “Popular”

Please change the logic for showing homes under “Popular”. Currently the same 8 or so boring homes have shown up for like a year now. Other people have worked on their homes and deserve their homes to be shown also. The current algorithm is flawed or only shows the first few people to have built homes and so have gotten a bunch of “likes” by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would it be possible to create a means to enable keyboard hot key assignment to toggle Passthrough+ in the Rift S in addition to using the b

Would it be possible to create a means to enable keyboard hot key assignment to toggle Passthrough+ in the Rift S in addition to using the button on the controller?

I use the Rift S in several flight simulators such as P3D and DCS and do not use the hand controllers since I have all high hardware which is much more realistic to fly with compared to hands with controllers unsupported in the air.. It is very difficult and not practical to switch and find the hand controller and then orientate it so I can push the button and so…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freedom of access.

Make it possible to change the head hight in games for those in wheelchairs or of limited hight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base