Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Fix static flashes

I'm getting static flashes every couples minutes.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – thanks for voting for this idea. The static / white flash issue on Rift S was resolved with the 1.39.1 software update that went out last month. If you are still experiencing similar similar issues after receiving this software update, please contact Oculus support!

2. Provide a Guardian sensitivity setting

In its current implementation, the Guardian walls are way too overzealous and pop up every time I move, breaking up my view and destroying immersion. The previous Oculus software was much more lenient with when it would display the boundaries. Users should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the Guardian walls instead of being forced to toggle them on or off.

595 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing and voting for this idea, everyone. As part of a previous software release, we added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity within Rift and Rift S. This includes individual options for both sensitivity to headset and sensitivity to controllers. While in VR, you can access these options by selecting Settings within Dash and choosing Guardian from the settings menu. This idea will now be marked as completed. If you have any new feedback related to these options, please provide them as a separate submission. Thank you!

3. Let me play vader immortal

Vader immortal is currently restricted to the quest. There is no reason to not put it on the rift other than to force people to buy the quest.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix tracking

Fix tracking issue after PTC update. PTC fixed the blackscreen issue but tracking is now terrible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea. Tracking improvements for a variety of Touch controller positions were added as part of the July Rift and Rift S software update. If you continue to experience tracking issues, please contact Oculus support. Thanks!

5. Do not change the clock speeds of our components

Since 1.34, clock speeds are being changed willy nilly all over the place.

Many users report their clock speeds going down on both RAM and GPU from what they had set them to.

This is unacceptable. Our hardware clock speeds are ours to choose, not Oculus' decision.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this feedback. As part of the 1.35 Rift software update which began rolling out on 2/12/19, we resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards. As a result, you should no longer be experiencing decreased clock speeds. If you continue to encounter this issue after receiving the 1.35 software update, please contact Oculus Support: ocul.us/contact

6. Stay connected to Facebook once the user links an account

When Oculus starts up, it attempts to link to my Facebook account. Every single time it prompts me, even though I've already linked the Oculus to my Facebook account. I could've done it 60 seconds ago, if I close the Oculus app and turn it back on, it's going to prompt me to link my Facebook account. It should just be linked until I unlink it a this point, which makes me think this could potentially be a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a more aggressive guardian option and make it easy to switch between guardian modes

Sometimes the guardian system's light blue grid is too gentle when I'm quickly moving my arms and body in certain games (like ping pong, sword fighting, etc.). It feels like a suggestion not a warning and it's easy to reach past the bounds. In certain games, it would be very helpful for peace of mind if the guardian turned more forceful when reaching past the bounds for certain games - it could turn the grid red, sound a loud audio alarm, vibrate the out of bounds controller, or begin occluding vision completely. If it feels like a warning I will…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As part of a recent software update, we added the ability to adjust the sensitivity of Guardian. These options can be found within the settings menu while in VR and will allow you to adjust for your desired experience. Thanks for submitting this idea!

8. Guardian system is now way too sensitive.

It was not this sensitive before. Mine is on 99% of the time. It wasn't like this before the new update. Please reduce the sensitivity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base