Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Hands going to orbit after recent update

The title of this idea sounds ridiculous but hear me out... This is not a problem that I've ever had to deal with until the most recent update that was to improve tracking on FPS games and boxing games.

In the past- If your hand went out of tracking, the hand would freeze there until it had tracking. This was much more preferable to how the old Rift handled it which meant your arms would go into orbit, however this now seems to have plagued the Rift S as a result of the update and is generally annoying for games…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OCULUS HOME/DASH must improve! Movement, UI, RECENTRE VIEW, WATCH etc.

OCULUS HOME/DASH - has the worst movement of all and even uses 2 Touch that are the same at it!
    - No Strafe!
    - 2 Touch to turn at 2x snail pace which is still SLOW!
    - Whilst trying to position yourself in front of the Avatar Mirror the Left/Right Joysticks move the Menu Panel!
    - We can walk through all our Objects/Furniture we add even though the room obstructs us e.g. a Fire Place!
    - RESET VIEW is in 3 different places yet does not utilise 2 Thumbsticks as most Games/Apps do so leave those unbound!
    - The WATCH…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Leave blind-of-and-eye people improve the performance

Hello. Being a Rift user since 2015, and I'm blind in my left eye, I have made some times the question some times the qestion if it is possible to use the Rift CV1 rendering in only one screen (or mirroring exactly the same image in both screens) to improve performance. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Oculus Rift improvement.

I hear that the Oculus Rift S doesn´t need sensors, and that´s good. However, what I believe will be a total succes for the Oculus company is to be able to design an wireless Oculus Rift, since, to be honest with you, for the costumer the wire is much more annoying than having to install the sensors. I mean, I know the Oculus Quest uses no wires but is not as complete and advanced as the Oculus Rift. Having no sensors is fine but not needing a wire connected to the PC will be quite the achievement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. platform wide switch for left and right handed controls

The touch controllers are perfectly symmetrical. There's absolutely no reason why there couldn't be a setting in oculus home to mirror ANY games control scheme. So if the game says "A" Button, with the oculus home switch toggled it is now "X" button. There should never be a situation where a left handed person has to endure because of a right handed controller mapping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. guardian

When in game, 3d obstacles that are inside your forcefield should be layered on top of the forcefield. Lets say I'm playing CREED, the guy I'm fighting should be inside the forcefield with me. this helps for both safety and better gameplay experience as I will have a more realistic understanding of my placement inside my room. Right now the wall behind my opponent appears in front of my opponent giving the illusion that he's further away and bigger than he is while he's right in my face. see what I'm saying? I have no IT understanding but I hope…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. create a controller that lets you use all fingers and have pressure sensors so you can move diffrent hands on items in game

create a controller that lets you use all fingers and have pressure sensors so you can move diffrent hands on items in game

This Would make the experiance on a oculus way better than the vive

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have an electric charge that simulates the actual shock of pain when damage is taken ingame

Have an electric charge that simulates the actual shock of pain when damage is taken ingame

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More first party games and apps

robo recall and oculus medium are amazing! oculus medium is so good and as for suggestion a longer game like robo recall would be great stuff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. VR training

I am an OB nurse manager and I have an idea that may help healthcare workers train by using VR. I would love an opportunity to discuss this with someone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeze the image when headset off

Whenever we need to take off the headset (mostly in non full vr games) would be very convinient to have an option to freeze the screen. So no matter we move headset, the image keeps still in monitor.
    With this feature, the still image can be seen in desktop monitor, so we can write easier, read and copy from other apps, check data etc.. and when its done, return to vr.
    As an example, copy setups from web for driving games, check routes for flying or space games.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. El ecositema de Oculus para otros HMDs, que no sean de Oculus, tiene sentido

Buenos dias Oculus.

Desde el inicio de Oculus en su KickStarter apoye el proyecto y en 2016 adquiri la Oculus Rift cv1. Mi experiencia ha sido muy positiva, las cv 1 me fascinaron y por ahí en 2018 queria un upgrade de hardware y todos esperábamos las CV2... no salieron y con el tiempo salieron las Rift S y me ilusioné, hasta que vi sus carencias, la que mas, la falta de un ajuste de IPD mecanico o el sonido, entre otros. Yo entiendo ese movimiento y entiendo el porque de eso... ahora bien, me vi "obligado" a buscar alternativas…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Frustration free coil-less wire for Rift S please !!?

VERY dissapointed at the sheer useless cable for the Rift headset. It knots up and curls up like a dried worm and ruins experiences. I was hoping for a wireless PC headset, but i guess that is a way off yet ? Quest is what i would have gone for, but i want more PC gaming.
    Anyway, i am pleading with Rift, PLEASE make the cable/wire for Rift S braided, or some material that does not coil up like a snake, PLEASE !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make oculus a scientific tool

If the company gives some price discounts and tools to get the data from the sensors, scientific research could benefit a lot from it.
    Not only the researchers would have benefits, but the creation of a standard headset would be sold everywhere in the planet because we scientists always try to get the tools the most close possible from other papers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Another fix for "Unable to Complete Update"

I have been unable to update my headset. I tried all the fixes provided but the one that worked was not listed.
    You need to unplug all your USB devices and then ONLY plug in the Oculus rift headset and sensors. After the update you can re-plug everything in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Game

How about a Batman versus TMNT game from the hit animated DC movie? I was so blown away watching that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support help

When you have to do a bunch of updates because of a new product you put out.
    Hire some backup support so we are not waiting all week or more to fix a bricked headset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase haptic feedback (rumble) on new touch controllers for Rift S

I would like to see the haptic feedback (controller rumble) increased on the new touch controllers for Rift S. For example, In 3 different first person shooter (FPS) games the haptic feedback on the new touch controllers barely rumbles when shooting which decreases immersion, compared to the original touch controllers where the haptic feedback was much more pronounced.

Hopefully this is something that can be improved with a software update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove the Cable from the Tracking Anchors

I've noticed that from time to time the Insight Tracking system will recognize the cable as being one of the anchor points and will do some strange translations when the cable is moved. Is there a way to "trace" the path of the cable and blacklist it from being an anchor point to remove the possibility of these slightly disorienting interactions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the option to launch in Oculous home or Steam VR or even from within an app i.e. Launching directly into Virtual Desktop

Allow the option to launch in Oculous home or Steam VR or even from within an app i.e. Launching directly into Virtual Desktop when putting on the HMD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base