Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Increase haptic feedback (rumble) on new touch controllers for Rift S

I would like to see the haptic feedback (controller rumble) increased on the new touch controllers for Rift S. For example, In 3 different first person shooter (FPS) games the haptic feedback on the new touch controllers barely rumbles when shooting which decreases immersion, compared to the original touch controllers where the haptic feedback was much more pronounced.

Hopefully this is something that can be improved with a software update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the Cable from the Tracking Anchors

I've noticed that from time to time the Insight Tracking system will recognize the cable as being one of the anchor points and will do some strange translations when the cable is moved. Is there a way to "trace" the path of the cable and blacklist it from being an anchor point to remove the possibility of these slightly disorienting interactions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow the option to launch in Oculous home or Steam VR or even from within an app i.e. Launching directly into Virtual Desktop

Allow the option to launch in Oculous home or Steam VR or even from within an app i.e. Launching directly into Virtual Desktop when putting on the HMD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow casting on Rift

Please add TV casting or TV app with next update for Rift. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to be able to disable touch controls

In simulation games they are not needed and when they are incompatible they are blocked, in some cases they send a low battery fault and block the screen with the warning. Allow the option to interact with the mouse for these games where I only need the viewer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Next time you sponsor a stream on twitch or other, please stipulate that they must use oculus home to run the game

Just watched the cohh carnage stream on twitch and it was a disaster. Once again people got the wrong idea about vr with the rift. He was sponsored to play on the oculus rift s and instead of mandating he use oculus home to purchase and launch the game through he was allowed to use steam vr. It resulted in him spending 30 minutes in front of thousands of people trying to get it working. I believe he is going to do the index the next day and of course it will work perfectly through steam vr. Way to go…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Quiero poner una reclamación / I want to make a claim

Mi oculus cv1 están fuera de garantía y el sonido se ha roto. Tras ponerme en contacto con el soporte de oculus me comenta que no se pueden reparar por estar fuera de garantía. Me he ofrecido a pagar todos los gastos para su reparación, pero me comunican que no se reparan equipos fuera de garantía. mi numero de ticket es #832350

My oculus cv1 are out of warranty and the sound has been broken. After contacting the oculus support I am told that they can not be repaired because they are out of warranty. I have offered to pay…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Spectators

Rift is a phiscally solitary experience. Even at VR parties, everyone who's not in vr isn't gripped by the TV screen's flat representation.

To remedy this, enable users to view the experience from their perspective using gear vr or phone app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wrist mounted controllers with hand tracking

Turn the controllers into wristbands that have hand tracking

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop being dumb

When games like beat saber have 10+ dlc make a way to pick and choose some if not all of the dlc available for download in one click. I only recommend this because I'm trying to download the imagine dragons dlc on beat saber which is , i believe, 10 songs. It blocked me from buying because I was abusing the purchase feature. Wtf is this? I'm lazy, I'm not going to research how to buy more **** from ya'll. Its steam store for me now. Only steam. Minor inconveniences make for major changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix drift in 3DOF on Rift S

I have noticed that in a dark room, the Rift S is toggling to 3DOF, and after a while it beggins to drift from it's initial position. It happens between 20 minutes and 1 hour without any movement.

Pretty sure it is not normal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Track moving objects

Make it so if there is a moving object (like a person or pet) in your play space/ inside of your barriers, you will get an alert or pass through will activate so you don’t hit anyone, anything, or you can see people trying to prank you while your playing. Would that be a good idea?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sell Rift to new users instead of renewal needs TV Marketing and 299$ max prize

In 2020 PS4 and Xbox. You need to sell the more as you can just now.

Personally i want to buy S when falls under 299€ with taxes.

And we all know that is very very much cheaper to produce than Quest.

To sell Quest is easier because portability for show to people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. facebook / oculus buy or make a join vanture with the company "startech.com"

I tried to use the oculus rift s with an INATECK USB 5 Port Hub PCIE. But it didnt works with that. I buy a startech USB card and i havnt a problem. My Idea is: Aell the startech.com usb hardware optional in the oculus webstore. facebook / oculus buy or make a join vanture with the company "startech.com" .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 racing game? Please?

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to extend warranty via a payment method

I previously had to return my oculus for a refurbished model due to a blacking out/display related fault in the headset cable. My warranty ends in a few months and i don't want to be **** out of luck and have to buy a complete new headset if this new replacement suffers the same fault issue. So I was hoping there could be an option to pay for a warranty plan for a certain length of time to allow replacement in the event it is damaged or broken after the original warranty expires.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)