Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Patch with older firmware driver

I have problem with oculus rift s - he doesnt see displayport and stack on updating to 2.2.0 firmware already like 1 month since firmware 2.2.0 came and it was works perfectly on 2.1.0. I was blocking update with hosts file by adding update site to exclusions until previous firmware was in instalation build and you added latest drivers to it. I wasnt noticed. Oculus support forced me to try new beta updates and i cant use my rift s anymore.
    So can you just create older patch and maybe add checkbox to oculus soft options to not update firmware.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remarks and requests for improvements.

The information shown for the Home.
    You indicate in the presentation the number of objects present, but for the creation what counts is the number of MB used. Why is it not indicated this essential information to the progress of creation?
    The library of applications.
    Why it is not possible to classify its applications: SIM, Car, Rollercoaster, art ..
    Instead we have a stack of applications without any logic and we must navigate from top to bottom to find its application.
    It would also be nice to have the possibility to block some applications by a code, especially when you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Oculus Store games to be played by other leading HMDs

I used to own a CV1 HMD, but with the release of the Index I jumped ship over to SteamVR. I am honestly pretty happy with my purchase, but I do miss a few choice games over in Oculusland. All I'm saying is it wouldn't be too hard to integrate it with the SteamVR tools, Revive has already been doing this to some success. ****, maybe you should just hire the Revive dudes and have them work with you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rift S doesnt work with hdmi to dp adaptor

HDMI to DP adaptor is not supported by OCULUS despite it mentioning this during the setup of your RIFT S - I did chat with a lovely Oculus support person Chantele and strongly encouraged her to mention to management to REMOVE this false advertising!! Very Frustrated customer with a very disappointed kid waiting for their Christmas gift to WORK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Program Uses for the Oculus

I'm unaware how advanced the technology for VR is currently, or how hard it would be to program a system with these types of concepts. But I have 2.
    1. A security tester. This one would be difficult, seeing as many companies and such use a lot of coding and tech to protect their stuff now a days. But this idea is focused around the idea that a company could have their buildings, banks, etc, created in a virtual world, where they could use gamers as a mass social think tank to test their security.
    2. A fixer for current…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. increase the cord length of the oculus rift S, you made it a little longer than the original but it could still use 3-6 more feet

increase the cord length of the oculus rift S, you made it a little longer than the original but it could still use 3-6 more feet

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To translate and dub games to spanish

Context:

ALL the movies are dubbed to Spain-spanish from almost a century ago.

Before PS One, Sega and Nintendo did'nt translated subtitles of the games. Childs playing randomly without understand the story.

Then PS One arrived and smashed his competency. Nintendo 64 with untranslated games.

Sony translates and dubs all the games from PSX launch.Then PS third parties too with exceptions.

Spain is one of the most Sony lovers countries of the world. Later Microsoft arrived translating and dubbing too.

I hate GTAs because need to read translated subtitles while characters speak in english. I want to drive while understand…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full body tracking for oculus rift and riftS when ?

i wish in near future oculus have full body tracking and tracker use battery AAA for easy to use not like vive have to charge batter it is really annoying, i know oculus can connect kinect xbox to make full body but it is kind hard to use and buggy~

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guardian Setup for CV1 ideas.

Back about June 2019, the Oculus rift app when setting up guardian had an Advanced setup feature... where you could tap the Trigger at point A, walk to point B, tap the trigger again, and you'd have a straight line.... this was perfect for rooms with desks (where you could swing Over it) that had book shelfs in it... or able to make jagged edges to let you know there was a "desk there" or something...

either that or let us color code certain portions of the Guardian walls... that way we know what we are standing by. and what…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rift S: Many feature requests

CV1 user to Rift S its lack of the OLED screen has Killed it.
    1. Rift S: Go Back to OLED Screens and preserve our Blacks...……..
    2. Rift S: Sequence of taps of the sensor to enable passthrough
    3. Rift S: Legacy Touch controllers to be used in low light tracking issues of S
    4.Rift S: Support the premium removable audio as you did with CV1
    5.Rift S: further reduce Screen door effect
    6.Rift S: Go up with up in the Hertz not backwards.. it made a difference..
    7.Rift S: Fire whoever suggested take out the OLED Screen. like immediately

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Dual PD (IPD Setting)

Most people have single PD and the current IPD setup works for them. I have Dual PD, meaning each eye has a different PD setting. Please allow the option to enable dual pupillary distance and to set those accordingly. If you need help understanding, please see this website: https://leoptique.com/blog/what-is-single-pd-or-dual-pd

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't upgrade to Windows 10, keep windows 8.1 as minimum

Ok so some of you have noticed that Oculus will upgrade to Windows 10 as minimum, Me myself I can't afford Windows 10 because I still have 81.

Some are children who can't just ask their parents for them to buy windows 10.

This is really not ok for a bunch of Windows 8.1 users who can't upgrade their computers as for myself.

I might aswell head for HTC VIVE but I can't afford it and I can't get a refund, I won't be able to get a Windows 10 key by Oculus no matter how hard I try.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. movement

what if the vr remotes had location and be able to detect location, so in vr games that play with a set "safe area" that automatically makes you recalibrate everytime you turn your vr remotes on, so just simply start in the middle, walk to 1 wall while it starts, then walk back and towards the next wall that is horizontal of the player (right across from their current wall, code the game to register based off location register how far the player walk before they stop, marking a collision block, and keep walking to the middle, where it will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upgraded halo that has over ear speakers and a tilt function for purchase

An upgraded halo that we can buy and swap out that offers over the ear speakers and a hinged lift design for the facial interface.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Using PC speaker to play back low frequency sound for Rift S

As people keep giving feedback on the lack of low frequency of the Rift S build in audio, can the Oculus driver has a setting for the low-frequency sound coming from the PC speaker too? As I understand people have the least directional preception for low-frequency sound that's why we only need one subwoofer. Having this should much fix the issue. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Payment plans

Can you please make payment plans for the Oculus in case people can’t afford it since most people who would like it are broke. It would further the bought rate of the VR devices and allow others who aren’t able to buy it full price be able to play it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The tracking stuck.

If you all can some how put an option to rest tracking during game play without resting the entire headset the would be great. at least until inside out tracking is bug free. id say to be able to pause the game and rest tracking or a button sequence that would call the tracking to rest. this way you can rest the tracking and continue your game without restarting the entire game over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Oculus Rift S minimum system requirement don't include that almost all Laptops without DisplayPort connections cannot support Rift S

Minimum system requirements listed through all selling websites do not include a notice that almost all laptops that don't have a DisplayPort connector on-board cannot support the Rift S, regardless of their other technical specs. Furthermore, available compatibility check tools do not check for the appropriate connection. When looking my Nvidia Control Panel it shows HDMI connections as directly connected to the discrete graphics card, and it isn't until I physically install the Rift S that it shows the USB-C port (which does allow connection of a DisplayPort adapter) only connects through the integrated graphics card, which ultimately causes the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blacks are milky grays on all LED HMDs when brightness is not 0

Example: The sky in Dark city background of Go is washed gray when brightness is not 0.

It looks as simultaneous control of backlight + brightness, as legacy of OLED screens with no backlight.

Maybe to increase gamma could fix this common problem too.

This does not happens only in S and Go, also in Mixed reality LED and Index.

Maybe a better dynamic contrast could help too, or to change color space

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the 3.0 flaw on multible mother boards.

This has been a major issues of top end and low end machines and many manufacturers and brands. Please fix this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base