Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Need Fix for Controllers Not Switching OFF when not in use! Need Fix Warning for Touch Batteries when not in use but warning us and switchin

Need Fix for Controllers Not Switching OFF when not in use!
    Need Fix Warning for Touch Batteries when not in use but warning us and switching focus OUT OF THE GAME!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to delete the tutorials

The app is taking 12 gb of space in my c drive and I wanted to clean some files and I saw this taking alot of space and I believe if I can delete the tutorials I can make up more space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. trade up program

I would love to see a trade in program to be able to send you my old headset once I receive the new unit to minimize packing material and be able to reach a wider audience. now I was an early adopter and I knew things would change but ive always been a huge fan of vr, now when the first vr headset came out I saved and saved to finally buy the unit and ive been overall very happy with it. the biggest draw backs have been the sensors and not being able to see my surroundings. the new…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VR shopping

I think VR shopping can be the next big thing, it would consist of a 360 view of a room and someone would design the color of walls or what furniture would look like in a house before buying it. I am currently a sales person in a car dealership and we are in a renovation. With a big building like that the construction companies could prefab a building to show the consumer what it would look like when finished so rather than just showing floor plans and pictures they would walk the consumer through the new project. Any building…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Optionally add a recenter circle when you step outside of it.

I would like a guardian option to display a center point (or circle) when your not in the center of your room. I have 10x10 foot room. I like that I can move around, but often, trying to figure out where the center of the room is, I have to lift my hmd, or walk into a wall. I don't want the full guardian to popup... but just a dot on the floor or a circle on the floor... so when I want to recenter... I can, in game... without having to force the guardian up... or take my hmd…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for Family accounts, Library/Media Lab environments - Manage many devices from one account

I manage a VR Lab and am juggling accounts between a large number of Quests, Rifts, Rift S's, and Go's at the moment.

It would be great if I could manage these devices from one place, see what version of firmware they are running, make purchases on one account and license them out (or whatever) to as many devices as I am allowed.

Many university libraries are interested in keeping Oculus Go's (and to a lesser extent, Quests), on hand for students to explore the library of 360 content and educational experiences. Much of that content has been supported by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bluetooth earbuds. To further reduce the amount of cables

Bluetooth earbuds. To further reduce the amount of cables

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hands going to orbit after recent update

The title of this idea sounds ridiculous but hear me out... This is not a problem that I've ever had to deal with until the most recent update that was to improve tracking on FPS games and boxing games.

In the past- If your hand went out of tracking, the hand would freeze there until it had tracking. This was much more preferable to how the old Rift handled it which meant your arms would go into orbit, however this now seems to have plagued the Rift S as a result of the update and is generally annoying for games…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OCULUS HOME/DASH must improve! Movement, UI, RECENTRE VIEW, WATCH etc.

OCULUS HOME/DASH - has the worst movement of all and even uses 2 Touch that are the same at it!
    - No Strafe!
    - 2 Touch to turn at 2x snail pace which is still SLOW!
    - Whilst trying to position yourself in front of the Avatar Mirror the Left/Right Joysticks move the Menu Panel!
    - We can walk through all our Objects/Furniture we add even though the room obstructs us e.g. a Fire Place!
    - RESET VIEW is in 3 different places yet does not utilise 2 Thumbsticks as most Games/Apps do so leave those unbound!
    - The WATCH…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow more customization of Guardian

Allowing more customization of the guardian wall would have a positive impact on user experience. Many of us already know the bounds of our playspace, and don't need the thick, bright guardian wall popping up all the time, but also want more notice than the floor square. This is especially true now that the sensitivity of when the wall appears has increased with the Core 2.0 beta. Some welcome customization options would be the following:

1) Guardian wall sensitivity slider
    2) Guardian wall opacity slider
    3) Guardian wall line thickness slider
    4) Guardian wall color options
    5) Guardian wall texture…

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

We recently added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity, which you can find in the settings menu while in VR.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

11. Leave blind-of-and-eye people improve the performance

Hello. Being a Rift user since 2015, and I'm blind in my left eye, I have made some times the question some times the qestion if it is possible to use the Rift CV1 rendering in only one screen (or mirroring exactly the same image in both screens) to improve performance. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Oculus Rift improvement.

I hear that the Oculus Rift S doesn´t need sensors, and that´s good. However, what I believe will be a total succes for the Oculus company is to be able to design an wireless Oculus Rift, since, to be honest with you, for the costumer the wire is much more annoying than having to install the sensors. I mean, I know the Oculus Quest uses no wires but is not as complete and advanced as the Oculus Rift. Having no sensors is fine but not needing a wire connected to the PC will be quite the achievement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. platform wide switch for left and right handed controls

The touch controllers are perfectly symmetrical. There's absolutely no reason why there couldn't be a setting in oculus home to mirror ANY games control scheme. So if the game says "A" Button, with the oculus home switch toggled it is now "X" button. There should never be a situation where a left handed person has to endure because of a right handed controller mapping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. guardian

When in game, 3d obstacles that are inside your forcefield should be layered on top of the forcefield. Lets say I'm playing CREED, the guy I'm fighting should be inside the forcefield with me. this helps for both safety and better gameplay experience as I will have a more realistic understanding of my placement inside my room. Right now the wall behind my opponent appears in front of my opponent giving the illusion that he's further away and bigger than he is while he's right in my face. see what I'm saying? I have no IT understanding but I hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create a controller that lets you use all fingers and have pressure sensors so you can move diffrent hands on items in game

create a controller that lets you use all fingers and have pressure sensors so you can move diffrent hands on items in game

This Would make the experiance on a oculus way better than the vive

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Refunds

Make requesting a refund simple and clear. The steps described in the help page are not accurate, and contacting customer support only referred me back to the same documentation. This feels like a bad faith attempt to inundate users and limit the number of refund requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have an electric charge that simulates the actual shock of pain when damage is taken ingame

Have an electric charge that simulates the actual shock of pain when damage is taken ingame

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More first party games and apps

robo recall and oculus medium are amazing! oculus medium is so good and as for suggestion a longer game like robo recall would be great stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VR training

I am an OB nurse manager and I have an idea that may help healthcare workers train by using VR. I would love an opportunity to discuss this with someone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freeze the image when headset off

Whenever we need to take off the headset (mostly in non full vr games) would be very convinient to have an option to freeze the screen. So no matter we move headset, the image keeps still in monitor.
    With this feature, the still image can be seen in desktop monitor, so we can write easier, read and copy from other apps, check data etc.. and when its done, return to vr.
    As an example, copy setups from web for driving games, check routes for flying or space games.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base