Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add Oculus Venues

Since we paid the most for your headsets, why does this have to be such a big deal. Just add Venues to Rift. We couldn't watch the oculus connect 5 livestream in VR.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make a historical first person shooter

Make a historical first person shooter that takes place during The civil war, World war 1, World war 2, or The Vietnam war

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The option to buy replacement parts/ boards

I dropped my rift CV1, when I booted it the left display wasn't operating correctly. I took it apart and noticed that a chip (W25Q64FVIG) had fallen off (attached picture). I contacted support and they told me they don't sell replacement parts. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to fix my rift instead of scraping it. I don't care if I have to buy a whole new mother board and display, I just want it fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Same button mapping for recenter and passthrough on Rift and Quest

I own both Rift S and Quest and it annoys me that you are able to recenter by long-pressing the Oculus button on Quest but the same long-press does not work on Rift S. Likewise you can activate passthrough on demand by pushing the Oculus button twice on Rift S whilst nothing happens on Quest when doing so.

I would like to see the same button mapping / button parity on each of my Oculus devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improve the lenses with in the the headset, so that cant make you blind,When light rays reflect off an object and enter the eyes

I did some research on oculus rift and your other virtual reality products it will damage your eyes and make you color blind or blind eventually I will not be buying any of your products until you improve them by help to make your vision better, cure seizures, improve memory and so on. Please do better to improve product then I will think about buying.
    When light rays reflect off an object and enter the eyes through the cornea (the transparent outer covering of the eye), you can then see that object. The cornea bends, or refracts, the rays that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to name your rift/go/quest headset

On almost every android device out there is an option to rename it. Why is there not one on the Oculus Headsets

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Новые очки виртуальной реальности для ПК.

Здравствуйте. Возможно моя идея покажется глупой, но хочу её озвучить.
    В мире огромное количество пользователей пк, включая меня, и идея докупать отдельно очки виртуальной реальности за большие деньги при условии, что у тебя уже есть в наличии средство вывода информации (монитор) хорошего качества, довольно отталкивающая.
    К тому же, пользователя пк не прельщает идея "активного" времяпрепровождения за своим любимым занятием из-чего следует не желание пользоваться VR стоя и размахивая руками, то есть наш выбор, насладиться полноценным VR дешево "с использованием своего монитора" и "менее активно" сидя или лежа перед монитором.
    Из всего этого на ум сразу приходит замечательная идея, это Шлем…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MAKE A KNUCKLES CONTROLLER FOR THE RIFT AND FUTURE HEADSETS

I believe that the next step in controllers for VR is the knuckles, since valve is already doing this. Why not Oculus?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let us mess with the opacity of our virtual screens so that it doesn't occlude our view!

I stream and use my virtual screen for chat, but I always have to put it away so that it doesn't occlude my view of the game, I want to have the window closer to me and smaller, let us tweak it beyond size and distance, let us make it more transparent so that we can see through it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A locking mechanism for the Rift S controllers's battery compartment

The Rift S controllers could benefit from an added measure to lock the battery compartment cover on. Almost any game that requires a fairly strong grasp on the controller and rapid or heavy motions can dislodge the lid from the magnets. I'm thinking either an option to ***** them in or a latch that can keep them in place?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Find a way to stop the accidental hitting of the occulus button in games,

Accidentally hitting the occulus button in games is a real problem.
    Please find a way to stop that .
    maybe require triple tap when in game . long press does not help.
    I see this complaint all the time so I know im not the only one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. guardian

Since the last update (end of august 2019) the guardian has no more front direction arrow on the floor.

During gameplay i can no longer re-direct myself. This is an bad update for the guardian. So, please put it back or as an option for the people who like it. Why did you remove it it by the way???

Also, the guardian seems to move... when i walk in the guardian, the guardian also seems to move (about 30-50 cm) so it's not so safe anymore for my walls and falling down the stairs is possible again.

Please put it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Arm tracking while using Touch controllers

Extend Oculus Touch controllers with arm tracking that developers can utilize. Floating hands and missing arms can be very immersion breaking and is often the first thing many newcomers note and complain about.

To clarify, I'm not talking about finger tracking but arm tracking. This wouldn't break the feature parity between S and CV1.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sound

Add a way to completely disable all Oculus audio options if an Oculus is not plugged into the computer. Ever since updating Oculus, the sound on my computer has been so whacked, I have to change settings about once an hour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adaptive focus lenses

This is a continuation of my last idea.

Adaptive focus lenses, I wear glasses, my Rift S is comfy in them but I don't want to scratch the lenses, I also want more FOV and prescription inserts are kind of expensive.

So here's the idea. Lenses that can be adjusted directly to account for prescriptions. The lenses could be standard or a cheap add-on/insert.
    2 ideas present themselves to me, both are shown in the attached diagram. First off simple compression, you can have a lens made of a flexible plastic, when you tighten a ***** on a ring that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow higher (custom) sensitivity settings for the rotational(?) axis during seated play

Coming from trackir where you can add deadzones and adjust sensitivity (I know I know my immersion! but still) I still find myself going back to trackir so I don't have to crank my neck up or all the way behind me, if for instance I am playing a flight sim.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Oculus Rift S to use Asmedia usb 3.1 (Gen2)

I would like to be able to use my oculus rift s on my motherboards Asmedia usb 3.1 port. currently when i try the oculus client it sometimes detects my headset but nothing comes through to the HMD screen so i would like to see this could be fixed. Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Téléportation and more game coop

Bonjour,

Je voulais vous informer que nous étions 4 à souhaiter prendre le jeu " the walking dead onslaught " avant de voir qu'il n'y avait très probablement pas de téléportation comme déplacement.
    Pouvez vous contacter les développeurs et leur faire part que beaucoup de joueurs souhaiterais ce mode de déplacement ?
    Ne pas l'obliger mais au moins le proposer en réglages..

Nous avons refuser d'acheter plusieurs jeux à cause de l'absence de ce mode de déplacement.

Autre point, nous jouons uniquement en groupe ou à 2 minimum ( ma conjointe et moi ) et nous regrettons le faible taux…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Student Access

Tom A FentonYesterday at 23:16
    Dear Oculus,

I wish to thank you, and all in the Oculus team and company for what you have developed.

In the last few months I have started university in a separate country to where i live and it has been wonderful, but at some times it has also been lonely. I felt this was until Christmas when i tried using my friends Oculus Rift S headset and had fantastic time filling in space of time where i was at home not doing much. I quickly realised that the adventure and simulation created by your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. FIX THE USB 3.0 ISSUES

I have tryed all the usb 3.0 slots on my pc and the app says incompatable usb port (rift s)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base