Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Mouse click inaccurate/unusable in Desktop app

When using desktop anywhere inside oculus, my mouse click is extremely inaccurate (most of the times the clicks happen a few inches high and to the left of where I'm pointing), making clicking on anything almost impossible. How can I fix this?

Running Windows 10, ryzen 7 1700 and NVidia gtx 1070ti. Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Dead & Buried "Colocation" feature from Oculus Connect 5 a native part of the Rift's SDK

At OC5, the Dead and Buried demo had a feature that allowed spectators to watch the game using the AR feature on a tablet.

Others have demonstrated that this is also possible with headsets which don't use SLAM-based inside-out tracking: https://owlchemylabs.com/owlchemy-mobile-spectator-ar-spectator-camera/

Making this feature a native part of the Rift's SDK would make it way easier to show Rift experiences to friends on social media, and could even be incorporated into games to allow asymmetric multiplayer experiences (where players use their phones to interact with a person in VR).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Button and menu to add 3rd application easily

Option to add easily 3rd application to desktop app and make them appears in dash easily !

Right now it is very complicated to add 3rd application and they often never appears in desktop app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What happened to the oculus desktop that was in the previous version.

Before I could select the app on the bottom right corner of the hub next to the home button and the shop and now in the newest update it is blank.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recent Players List

It would be good to have a dedicated 5-10 most recent players list on the desktop app for adding friends from recent games. I'm aware there's a "Make new Friends" section which is theoretically meant to fullfill this function.......initially this did show me my most recent players but since the last couple updates (since they also added the irellevent to me "connect to facebook" button in this section) it only shows friends of friends or people I played with 6 months ago...........In short I'd like for the recent players list and recommended friends list to be two separate things or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Managing library location for each game

It's great that we have multiple install locations now, but having to set a locations as "Default" before installing a game is kind of a pain.

The store should ask where to install a game each time, like Steam.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move games from the UI. It seems the engine already supports this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7pgx9c/psamovinggamestonewlibraryfolder/dshftmj/

It should be pretty easy to automate this - it's basically two cut/paste operations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make disk drive writing more performant

I've noticed that when I boot my machine or start the Oculus app, the app itself pegs the hard drive super hard bringing it to 100% Disk I/O and slowing down all applications including the Oculus desktop app. This becomes super painful as Windows 10 doesn't deal with disk I/O well anyway if you are on a spinning disk. I'm on a 7200 RPM 1TB drive and so far, my only issues with performance have been disk related. This is usually due to game updates running in the background.

I'd love to see a 'low write' mode where I'm trickling…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have a "Whats Being Played Right Now"

have a section to help players find multiplayer populated games ala VRLFG.net, hide the exact numbers if you must.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy way to reset orientation

It would be good if there were a quick way from Dash to reset the sensor orientation. Something changed mine and I had a heck of a time getting it corrected.I posted this in the Oculus forum https://goo.gl/rV8CMg before finding this uservoice forum; my bad.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Game planning and meetup

Add the possibility to share with friend some meeting date so we can organize playing event.

For example, if I want to play Echo arena on monday at 10pm, i put it on my agenda so my friends know that i'll be playint and can join me if they want

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Jump back In

Why am i seeing normal apps with constantly Now Playing spinners

Calculator.exe should not be showing at all

at one point i saw teamviewer show up in my library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keyboard Macros for Touch

I built a keyboard mapping to make all keystrokes on my QWERTY keyboard available as macros on my Touch controllers, but I can't run any custom input handlers for Touch during Oculus Dash because Dash overrides them all.

Here's my macro app (Unity) on Github: https://github.com/ajcampbell1333/DOFSCII

I built a clone directly via the OpenVR api too, but Dash overrides all input from that one as well.

If we can't have custom input handlers running in the background, we at least need keyboard macros. Dash is pretty useless if we can't type while we're standing in the middle of the room.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unknown Source Games Currently Missing "cover_landscape_image_large.png"

I just noticed last night when I went through to change the "StoreAssets" for a few of my Steam Games and the Doom 3 BFG Mod that they do not show right in the new 2.0 home desktop app.

The "coverlandscapeimage.png" doesn't seem to be used it seems to use one of the square images as it is zoomed in ie the top edge of DOOM is cut off as well as the Project Cars logo the top of the silhouettes head gets cut off. After poking around in the other asset folders for Oculus store games they…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Desktop App Improvements

• When typing using your keyboard, the virtual keyboard should light up each key as you hit them whilst in the Oculus desktop mode. This would allow you to visually see your hand positioning as you type without the touch controllers. This would increase immersion in a non-touch way and build on something every user of VR also has, a keyboard. You wouldn't need to take off your rift to use your keyboard anymore with this approach. Let's face it; typing with the touch controllers on a virtual keyboard; though extremely cool, is not very efficient or practical when you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full frame video support for windows outside the main curved screen

Right now I can only watch full frame video on the curved main screen but not in windows I move into the environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to shutdown/stop background services on close

I own a VRcover, and it constantly triggers the proximity sensor, even with the low-light storage area I put my Rift.

When I close Oculus Home, it repeatedly opens itself back up, engaging the app and the HMD.

Though this option would have additional side-effects (needing to start the service up manually), I'd much rather have a straightforward way from the APP to shut down the service (to be started on reboot), for all the times I follow up a VR session with a monitor-gaming session.

I don't need it to be readily available (people will complain about inadvertently doing…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix issues between Core 2.0 and Microsoft's Magnifier tool

I have found that the Magnifier tool does not register the correct desktop resolution while the Oculus software is running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make it work ?

make it stop black screening my 43" uhd Tv connected via dvi to hdmi from my 1080 gtx bigscreen beta works fine off my orginal oculus home all plugged in this way to my 1080 card yet desktop no matter what i do blacks out my screen only when i plug screen into my cpu hdmi (i7 4590 )does any of this new stuff work all but desktop which has yet to work properly any attempt to use it black screens my pc hoped dev diary2 would mean it now works !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove 'Controller' icon from devices when Touch is set up and no gamepad is connected

A gamepad hasn't been included with the Rift for many months now, so it shouldn't be considered an essential component anymore.

When you have Touch installed, but a gamepad off, the Gamepad is still listed in devices, annoyingly. Just as 'Off' though.

This behaviour doesn't exist for the Remote.

It's annoying because with 3 sensors it means that the Gamepad spills onto a new line.

(Just a minor visual thing, but still annoying)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: UAC prompt locks up Desktop App

If I try to run anything as administrator, the UAC popup appears as expected for confirmation. However, I cannot click Confirm. In fact, I cannot do anything with the Desktop app at this point - all windows are locked up. I have to go to the computer and click confirm there using the mouse before I can proceed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base