Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow games backup and restore option

As in other digital platforms sometimes is interesting to save a backup of some games to avoid downloading it twice on multiple computers, so a friend can import the game if he owns it without downloading the full game or you can import the game to your second computer.

I hope some people find this useful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow us to move the app to the taskbar like steam does.

So we dont have to close and open the app every time we want to play vr games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Let us change IPD via software

Extend the range of available IPD via software by rendering in different resolutions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Library: When "including Not Installed", I no longer have no idea which ones are installed.

In my Library, under each title is some sort of timeframe "5 hours ago", "a day ago" etc. 1) I have no idea what this really refers to, 2) and it seems to have replaced valuable information which is whether or not an app is installed. Now it's very difficult to discern "hey I want to play that right now, but I better install it first".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VR ready keyboard and mouse

New hardware. A keyboard which can be tracked and, using cap sense or other technology, knows which keys you are touching even if not typing. I am a good typist, but learned how much I cheat and look at my hands when I started doing VR because I have to look out the ***** in the bottom of the headset to see where my hands are. Let us look down in VR space and find the keys to help maintain the immersion. For that matter, same thing with the mouse.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Library: Navigating to an app's Details no longer shows me information about Sitting/Standing and input methods.

Previously, navigating to an app's details would take me to the store listing which listed a bunch of valuable information that I liked to know in order to decide what I want to play, and how it is best played. Mainly Sitting vs Standing, Touch vs Gamepad, etc. Now it shows a new panel on the right showing playtime, install location etc. This new panel is also valuable information, but I would love to once again have a way to easily see the store listing (or at least the aforementioned important information) from an app in the library.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. software download stuck pending - status is 'queued'.

The arrow is not clickable so I can't download it.
    tried
    - freeing up dispace
    - toggling 'private test channel'
    - rebooting/restarting software
    - reinstalling and choosing 'repair' option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Oculus Dekstop: disable headtracking into games

I use Oculus Desktop to run app and play games.
    In FPS games like Ghost Recon Wildlands or ARMA 3 I would like to disable the headtracking function if not games are not playable!
    Bigscreen works like a charm but would not launch another app instead the Oculus Desktopone.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to go directly to library at startup

99.9% of the time this is why I open the app. There's no reason to require an extra click to get there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The desktop app is too big in size

The default size is a lot bigger than before. Whenever I open the app, the vertical length is maximised to cover the entire screen (1440x900). I can resize it to roughly the same as the 1.20 Oculus app, but it doesn't retain the size upon restarting the app.

Please make the app remember the last set size, and/or scale the default to the resolution of the screen (or just use the previous size).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the Dead & Buried "Colocation" feature from Oculus Connect 5 a native part of the Rift's SDK

At OC5, the Dead and Buried demo had a feature that allowed spectators to watch the game using the AR feature on a tablet.

Others have demonstrated that this is also possible with headsets which don't use SLAM-based inside-out tracking: https://owlchemylabs.com/owlchemy-mobile-spectator-ar-spectator-camera/

Making this feature a native part of the Rift's SDK would make it way easier to show Rift experiences to friends on social media, and could even be incorporated into games to allow asymmetric multiplayer experiences (where players use their phones to interact with a person in VR).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Button and menu to add 3rd application easily

Option to add easily 3rd application to desktop app and make them appears in dash easily !

Right now it is very complicated to add 3rd application and they often never appears in desktop app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What happened to the oculus desktop that was in the previous version.

Before I could select the app on the bottom right corner of the hub next to the home button and the shop and now in the newest update it is blank.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recent Players List

It would be good to have a dedicated 5-10 most recent players list on the desktop app for adding friends from recent games. I'm aware there's a "Make new Friends" section which is theoretically meant to fullfill this function.......initially this did show me my most recent players but since the last couple updates (since they also added the irellevent to me "connect to facebook" button in this section) it only shows friends of friends or people I played with 6 months ago...........In short I'd like for the recent players list and recommended friends list to be two separate things or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Managing library location for each game

It's great that we have multiple install locations now, but having to set a locations as "Default" before installing a game is kind of a pain.

The store should ask where to install a game each time, like Steam.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move games from the UI. It seems the engine already supports this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7pgx9c/psamovinggamestonewlibraryfolder/dshftmj/

It should be pretty easy to automate this - it's basically two cut/paste operations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make disk drive writing more performant

I've noticed that when I boot my machine or start the Oculus app, the app itself pegs the hard drive super hard bringing it to 100% Disk I/O and slowing down all applications including the Oculus desktop app. This becomes super painful as Windows 10 doesn't deal with disk I/O well anyway if you are on a spinning disk. I'm on a 7200 RPM 1TB drive and so far, my only issues with performance have been disk related. This is usually due to game updates running in the background.

I'd love to see a 'low write' mode where I'm trickling…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a "Whats Being Played Right Now"

have a section to help players find multiplayer populated games ala VRLFG.net, hide the exact numbers if you must.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Easy way to reset orientation

It would be good if there were a quick way from Dash to reset the sensor orientation. Something changed mine and I had a heck of a time getting it corrected.I posted this in the Oculus forum https://goo.gl/rV8CMg before finding this uservoice forum; my bad.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base