Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Ability for camera to track legs and hips

Seeing the vives pucks for full body tracking I wanted to see if you could do that to allow us to play games that support it with that tracking capability

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow more flexibility for sensor placement during setup

The oculus setup issues warnings when you place your sensors in something other than what's suggested in the setup process. Tracking problems can arise and cause issues when people don't realize that these warnings can be ignored and sensors can be placed in more ideal locations like up high and in the corners of their rooms.

I've seen many people run into these issues especially when configuring for roomscale tracking. It would be nice if the setup offered more than one suggestion or made it clearer that the suggested sensor placement isn't necessary. Here's just one example of a user…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Headset Brightness/Eye saver

I play endless hours of VR and when I am playing in a dark room late at night the brightness in headset strains my eyes. If you could also add like a night settings so it gives the orange hue and eliminates a majority of the blue lights that destroy all of our eyes when we need them most. I know some people would love to have this option at their finger tips as well.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Forced to watch safety video every time app is opened without internet access

It didn't work properly since 1.17 and still hasn't been fixed in 2.0 beta.

Every time you attempt open the application, you are forced to sit through the safety video, and the setting to turn it off never sticks.
    Same with allowing 3rd party apps.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to reset sensors from in-app

Every so often I’ll get an error that says the tracking quality is poor on a sensor, or that the ms response time was too low/high. Would it be possible to get a button that allows us to effectively do the software equivalent of unplugging and plugging in that sensor?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Master control list and button mapping.

I would really like a master list of the controls and a button map. I am not always sure if I'm missing a feature or doing something wrong because not all functions are obvious.

How do I use right-mouse button with left-right agnostic touch controls?
    Is there a way to click middle mouse button on touch?
    Are there gestures or combinations of buttons to keyboard/mouse functions?

Separately, I really want a way to remap buttons on my touch controls to make the most of the buttons available.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to disable oculus service auto start

Simple, put an option in oculus home to disable oculus service auto start.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notification if friend request has been rejected

It would be nice to get a notification if a friend request has been rejected, I tested this with some friends so we see what happens, if you make a friendship request the "Add Friend" button turns into a clock symbol or a "cancel request" button, if the request is denied you still see the clock symbol, so you can never be sure if someone has declined the request or simply hasn't seen it and clicked on it yet...really what should happen is that the clock symbol should turn back into the "add friend" button and/or you should get a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set apps in Library as favorites with ability to sort by favorite apps

Allow users to mark apps in the Library as Favorites.

And add a option to sort apps in the Library so apps marked as Favorites appear at the top.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add error message for when insufficient disk space is preventing updates

Currently if your desktop app is trying to download an "Oculus Software Update" and you don't have enough disk space on C: for the download caching, it'll simply say "queued" and give no indicator of why it's not progressing. A simple error message stating that there's insufficient disk space for the update would increase user-friendliness.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to disable mouse cursor

An option to disable the mouse cursor so the user can only see the blue dot as per Dashes original implimentation. The new mouse cursor looks awful and is inaccurate and really makes me not want to use Dash at the moment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make "Audio Input in VR" use the Default Communication Device in Windows

The Oculus currently uses the default audio input device when setting the "Audio Input in VR" to "Use Windows Settings". It makes more sense to use the Default Communication Device since this settings is for supporting in game communication and would match up with how many other communication applications work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notification when a developer responds/comments on your game review

There is no way to know that a developer has responded to your review unless you look up the actual review and check. I've seen answers from the devs to user problems in reviews but I doubt many of the reviewers actually see them. A notification would go a long way with communication.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to go directly to library at startup

99.9% of the time this is why I open the app. There's no reason to require an extra click to get there.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make virtual desktop optional (prevents nVidia GPUs from clocking down)

As an unfortunate side effect of the new Oculus desktop feature nVidia GPUs do not clock down anymore as soon as the new Oculus software is running.

This is caused by an ages old, very odd, behaviour of nVidia drivers that do allow clock frequency adjustment as soon as a second monitor is present.

For everyone who does not intend to use the Oculus desktop this leads to completely unnecessary waste of energy that could be easily fixed by making the desktop feature optional so that the second (virtual) monitor is never created in the first place.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Virtual Human interface

Virtual Human interface. for flight simulators like elite dangerous allow us to setup virtual joysticks throttle and control panels that we can bind to a emulated key for and joysticks a various functions.

this way if we have try using touch for a flight sim we don't have to just simulate a xbox controller
    we also don' t have to pullout or big heavy flight sticks every-time.

This will allow people to setup there own experiences slimier to that of VTOL VR. It would make games like DCS more enjoyably now that motion controllers are mainstream.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow games backup and restore option

As in other digital platforms sometimes is interesting to save a backup of some games to avoid downloading it twice on multiple computers, so a friend can import the game if he owns it without downloading the full game or you can import the game to your second computer.

I hope some people find this useful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to move the app to the taskbar like steam does.

So we dont have to close and open the app every time we want to play vr games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base