Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add the RTX 2080 to compatible graphics cards

Please add the RTX 2080 to compatible graphics cards so that the software stops saying the my system doesn't meet the requirements.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus Medium

The whole power of Oculus Medium, in order to teach others or beginners,
    was the ability to follow along with tutorials IN the medium program, It
    is too hard to teach a new person by watching a video outside the medium
    program, then have to jump in medium and remember the whole
    demonstration. In the program you could pause as you went through all
    the tools. Bring this feature back PLEASE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allowing users to choose where to install the Oculus app

I found it a bit difficult to install the Oculus app on my computer but it defaulted to the C: drive, which is almost full. Allow users to see what hard drives are available. We should be able to browse for where we want to install the app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Combine the UI concept from HelloV.io (tiny discreet dot with focal point interactivity) to Oculus Desktop App.

Summary: Combine the UI concept from HelloV.io (tiny discreet dot with focal point interactivity) to Oculus Desktop App.

I've found the biggest hurdle for streaming VR content on Twitch (or Mixer) is the ability to read chat in a way that doesn't interfere with the game experience.

The problem with OVRdrop for me: Hard to read the chat, hard to orient the chat box, incredibly annoying user interface. Setting it up so that chat is viewable when I flip my wrist is popular, but I've found a few games that utilize this action in their ui.

HelloV.io is promising. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add more email domains to registration process

I had to change which email address I used to create an Oculus account because the confirmation emails weren't being sent to my sbcglobal.net email address. Once I tried a Gmail account I received the email instantly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. File validator like Steam

We need a file validator like steam so if a game goes bad we don't need to re-download the entire game again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Avoid desktop burn-in on main PC/TV monitors while using headset

Been using a TV as a computer monitor for two decades now. Entered VR using a PSVR and all games are full screen since it is a console based VR system.

Switched to Oculus some years ago and because not all games offer a full screen option for my main TV monitor while using the headset... over time the desktop icons and other desktop artifacts are now burning into my 4K TV since the Oculus software actively prevents any screensaver, to turn it off while using the headset, or means to keep my main monitor from avoiding burn-in.

Upon reaching…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix please

Currently there is a tracking issue if you move your controller too fast.
    Oculus players no have a big disadvantage playing games like Beat Saber.
    It's very important to me and many many more people that this gets fixed as quick as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Library filters - add filter to show only uninstalled apps

Really would like to sort it so it only shows uninstalled apps. As of know it can only show uninstalled together with installed apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for a second set of Touch controllers.

Update to allow for 4 tracked controllers. I really feel like this would be a big deal.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to preload the games for free weekends

For people with slow internet connections some of the larger free weekend games can take a significant portion of the period to download. It would be great to have a way to preload the games so more of the free period can be used. Since the games already have a system to revoke access while still being installed post-free period, hopefully doing the same at the other end shouldn't be crazy hard.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give us a button to toggle audio mirroring so we can easily have others hear us

Currently you need to navigate through settings to make this happen which makes it a hassle. A button by the already-existing audio sliders would do just fine. Give a dropdown menu if you must.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Oculus Client installation issues

Users will often have games fail to install.

We're told when this happens to reinstall Oculus.

Reinstalling Oculus fails 5/6 times, regardless of what steps you take beforehand.

Please fix both the installation of applications and the installation of Oculus itself.

To that end, if third party drivers have to install, let us have an option to prevent third party driver installation altogether, as that is where failure is most frequent, both for Oculus and for Steam.

Also make it possible to download a standalone, fully downloaded version of the setup, as downloading 5 gigabytes every time your installation fails…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom title banners and store assets (using official and community driven sources)

1) Use official store assets for 'unknown source' titles from other stores that also exist in oculus' library (match on application title or exe file name)

2) Allow custom assets to be added for titles not in the store through the desktop GUI. Maybe incorporate a community sharing mechanism that can search for other users' titles that match by exe name so everyone doesn't have to do it themselves. (I'm sure facebook has some server space for a few extra PNGs)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow multiple user log in

Allow multiple user log in on same computer while sharing the game library in order to be able to share/demo with family and friends.

Similar system as Xbox where all users can play games installed.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Only Download Updates when App is Open

I don't like that the Oculus software will download updates in the background any time it wants, even when the app isn't open. The developers seem to assume that no one does anything with their PCs other than play Oculus games. But I could be playing a non-VR or non-Oculus game when it starts a download, or I might need my full internet bandwidth for something else. Stopping the service is an effective workaround but this is tedious and requires unofficial addons like Oculus Tray Tool or batch files.

Steam already works the way I want - it does nothing…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open oculus app without wifi

Up until just recently I was able to open the oculus app without having to be connected to wifi, for some reason now it wont open without wifi. But if you connect to wifi, open the app and then close the wifi the app still works. So what is the point of it? Please set it back so I am not dependent on wifi to play my games that dont require wifi.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Steam and oculus compatibility

So as of the new update oculus home has to be open to run my steam vr games. So now i dont have just one app but two running along with game ect. Please revert this to how it was where it can be enabled or give us an option. Alit of us dont have alot of money and the more we spend on hardware to run your home app which is cool bit i dont even use and id argue most dont. So please make it so we can either turn home off in steam vr games or make…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calibrate floor height by putting Touch controller on the floor

I think the current way of calibrating the floor level is a remnant of the pre-Touch days, and I still frequently see discussions about the floor level being wrong. I mean, even if I know how tall I am, all it takes for it to be off is for me to be slouching somewhat during the calibration.

I believe putting a Touch controller front-first on the floor during the calibration would be a better approach, as the distance between the floor and the IR rings on the controllers can be accurately measured and will be the same every time for…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to push Oculus notifications to windows action center

an option for when you get an Oculus notification (invite, game update available, download complete, etc.) it would come up in the bottom right corner of windows with the standard notification sound. this way you don't have to keep checking the notification section in the oculus client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base