Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Uninstalling removes the other folders that is stored ProgramData and AppData, and removes all of the registry keys

When the program gets uninstalled, it should remove the Oculus folders and OpenVR from AppData and in ProgramData.

When I uninstall the program, and try to reinstall, the install gets corrupted and I have to reboot and after rebooting, still doesn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REGARDING : January 14,2020. Windows 7 Support End-License.

My question is about the fact that Oculus wont support windows 7 anymore.... So do you just remove DirectX 11 ? .... i mean I'm not very happy with this as i hate Directx12 <3... But mostly i wonder WHY since ... you dont need to remove directX11 .. Why just not keep it as an Extra package :D? you'd save 10 Sec of Compiling .. Not like it can be a big deal at any level BUT For LowEndSpecs PC... and Hard Enthuziams like me who NEED to run as efficient as possible with less power used

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow migration of Oculus installation to another drive without re-downloading

It's bad enough that there is no offline installer for oculus which would alleviate several installer issues, but after 3 years of people requesting it, not being able to relocate the installation is ridiculous.

Symlinks should work, but cause Oculus to be unable to update, and while allowing games to be relocated and being able to do a fresh install to a drive other than C: (although only through the command line) are steps in the right direction, it's crazy that I have to redownload the 10+ GB of content I already have that's part of the basic installation just…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have the game files seprate from the Oculus App so when/if you need to re-install the oculus software, you do not have to re-download games.

Have the game files separate from the Oculus App, so when/if you need to re-install the oculus software you do not have to re-download all of the games. Its a waste of time with a standard internet connection, and an expense on a metered internet connection like I have. I think each game should show up separately in add/remove programs versus everything being under the oculus software as well. Its a ridged system where it should be flexible. Will it affect the majority of people, hopefully not, but it sure would be nice for those who do run into situations…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow unsopprted cards

i have recently tried to play with a gtx 750 ti but it just got stuck on the update gpu driver even though it was up to date. it should allow you to continue but just with a warning that games may not work and support would be limited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. enable dual card support

please enable dual card setup as having both a monitor and the vr headset can cause resource issues especially on lower end hardware and people shouldn't have to use adapters to be able to use them in order to play on their oculus headsets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an option in the Oculus software to power the controllers down.

The lights on the controllers blink when on standby, but I'd love to be able to click a button in the app to shut them off to keep them from blinking, which is a tad distracting for me while I'm doing other things, and save a little battery. I'd prefer not to give my computer a reach-around every time I want to turn the controllers off by unplugging the USB.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Users To change where the oculus desktop app is installed

t's insanity that you have to go through multiple forums and discord servers asking people a simple question whit a extremely complicated step of procedures That just is not user friendly. give us the option to just switch the drive that Software is stored on before the installation process. Further More Also make it to where it dose not also have to be just NTSF hard drive just make it so any hard drive is compatible. Also You are already able to do this with in the software with video games you download. I think if Oculus is trying to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PLEASE allow the Oculus Rift and Rift S update download to store to the location that we have set within the app media library default!

This is a serious serious issue IMHO.... Please add to the Product Backlog and fix ASAP.
    In today's world, MOST of us with screaming game PCs have a C: drive for SYTSTEM-related stuff only that is usually an SSD and is not super huge BUT, wave a gigantic D: drive (usually an HDD) for games, data, pics, vids, applications, etc etc... Terabytes and terabytes of storage available there.
    It is absurd and ridiculous that Oculus has a desktop application setting that allows us to set where downloads and games and data install (media library, choose drive and/or folder for each,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable First Steps/First Contact in Demo mode

It would be great to be able to select First steps & First contact as included options in Demo-mode.

For some reason they do not show up in the list when choosing apps.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow different language to be the official workaround when installation gets stuck.

I've tried to install the desktop app many times, however I found that downloading in espagnol/spanish in most cases fixes the installations fails.
    Some people it's french and others Dutch.

The point is, the desktop app installation process is clearly problematic having so many people asking for help and downloading over 4 times the files.

Out of 7 installation made on both French and English windows 10 64b (clean and "used", it has worked only one time with the french installation on an english one,never with english. The rest ,spanish were the way to go.

On top of that at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better Oberlay management

To enable fading for screens used as overlay. Make that screen switch from hide to un hide with the press of keyboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix FOV multiplier in Oculusmirror

--FovTanAngleMultiplier setting on Oculus Mirror(.exe) makes the graphic in the Mirror screen barreled (like the actual lens view), even if 1.1 multiplier is used while the Dash is showing as it should. Please fix for the streaming purposes! (Version 1.40, I5-8600K, 32 gb, 2080 etc etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow an exit game overide

There is an issue with a few games where the app will infinitely "quit" itself. This means rebooting the game will not work, as the desktop app's software thinks that it is still running. This problem mainly occurs via steam VR usage, but there should be an overide button that can be turned on in the settings, and then when the three dot options button is pushed on the app, the menu would include overide quit, it will warn you before hand and then you click ignore and it will tell the app to stop thinking it is quitting the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Help with unblocking your PIN

When you type your PIN in to fast to many times it blocks you. Instead of saying go visit the help center for support and not having jacksh*t on there. Maybe actually giving the person help or a number to call instead of them having to wait A WHOLE DAY to receive an email back. How bout that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Click on An App's Version Number to see the most recent Patch Notes

Some other people here have had similar ideas, but on the store page there is a clearly visible Version Number, but no way to access the Patch Notes from the store pages, unlike other app stores like iOS or Android. A simple solution would be to have a link to the Patch Notes attached to the Version Number on each App page, so when a user wants to see the Notes they just have to click on the Version number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Invasive Occulus Update: refocuses current window.

Stop automatic refocus of oculus software on update check.

this has happened a lot lately and im just before the point of uninstalling the oculus software completely.

While playing other games such MC that are in no way related to oculus The oculus software will periodically check for updates this check is bringing me out of my other games that I am current playing and makes itself the main focused window. this is extremely aggerating and a little invasive and really starting to cause problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop requiring a NTSF formatted harddrives and make it easier to install to a different drive

I'm not sure why there is a requirement that your HD be formatted into NTSF to install the Oculus software. The format of the drive should have NOTHING to do with system and I'm sure since most people buying the Rift are developers of some kind (such as myself), they have a similar setup of a OS drive and a content drive formatted in ANYTHING else but NTFS as it's not a good file system. Why was this ever made a requirement?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base