Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Why is the Oculus Software so chonk?

I've been using the Oculus Desktop app since 2016 when it first went live, and I've watched it grow from a reasonable few GB to now requiring around 23GB. Can we please have an option to disable Oculus Home/furniture/etc. and reclaim all of that storage? I can't help but feel like it's bloat on what should be a rather small storefront/driver/settings combo.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing Real Name

In the Oculus software or online website, add the option to change your account name. Being trans and having my dead name displayed is not nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Oculus Software failed to install initially with other USB devices Attached

I resolved my issue with not being able to install Oculus app. It was an incompatible USB device attached to the computer. I do not know which one: 3d Connexion Space Navigator 3D mouse; Corsair Void Elite USB headset; Logitech Gamepad F310; Dymo Labelmaker Duo; Pluggable USB Microscope or a disconnected USB cable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. remove the anoying back ground newage sound

a way to turn off and stay off the annowing newage background sound.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When a download fails, can you make it so that we don’t have to restart all over again.

Please make it so that when a download fails, you start back where it was when it failed. I have poor internet and it fails regurlarly. I have trying to download a game that is 77.57GB but when it fails I have to start all over again. In my eyes this is a huge flaw for people with bad connection, I’m unable to play certain games because of this flaw. I suggest a system like the Xbox One, where when a download fails, it pauses the download until you fix the issue and start it back up. I don’t really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. put a height adjuster to the settings

put a height adjuster to the settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add a long press option for the left Controller like you did for the right. We can't play fast games without pressing that menu.

Your Long press option for the right Touch/Controller is a great idea. I do not mind the extra few seconds to wait for the menu.
    Now the left touch/Controller menu button is a constant trouble maker. No one in my house which is 6 can play Beat Saber or faster pace games with out hitting that menu giving all of us a horrible experience. I have not played with my Oculus Rift in a few months and have completly forgot why I stop. My brother came for a visit and wanted to try the Rift and so I loaded Beat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable auto-launching the Oculus Client

I keep my oculus Rift CV1 plugged into my PC all the time and its mounted on a 3D printed shelf next to my desk. Somehow, this configuration causes the oculus software to automatically launch whenever I turn my PC on, or just about do anything on my computer. This is rather annoying, as I'd prefer to keep my first plugged in as the cords are already out of the way.

At present, I've found a workaround by setting the client to only run as administrator - however it would be nice to have an option in the settings to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add linux support

The only reason i don't use oculus rift more is because of Windows, Windows is not my main OS and so i have it turned off every time.

Please add support for linux. Or at least help openhmd project

484 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. how to start up in Demo mode

What i'm meaning with this is when you go to best buy to try out their demos. i'm wanting to do that! but i cannot find anywhere that tells me how to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for purchase of physical installation media

Provide an option to purchase physical installation media.

This will help those with slow or unreliable internet connections as well as those with restrictive monthly data caps

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix the issue with automatic app removal of apps on external disk

If the Oculus app is launched, without the external drive connected, the apps on the external disk will no longer be usable, and the user have to download them again.

This bug is particularly annoying because the oculus app starts automatically when any app uses the SDK.

I know that it is not recommended to use external drive, but using a laptop and the apps are several hundred gigs, I don't really have a choice.

There is no other app that I know of that has this behaviour, of course you cannot run the apps when the drive is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display port not connecting!

Fix the DisplayPort not connecting issue.!! This was my first purchase. Returning it tomorrow and will never buy your product again. I use flight and racing sims and this was my first VR purchase. If it would have gone well, I would have been a regularly upgrading customer. You know what they say about first impressions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow naming of sensor devices.

I would like to name my sensors so that when an issue is reported I don't have to play the randomly unplug sensors game to find out which one is having an issue.

474 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto Error reporting after a crash from the desktop app

I went thru 2 days of hair pulling after the desktop app updated and then started crashing and reloading.

I tried updating the graphics card, total re-install. (which takes forever). Looked in the log files, didn't get any useful info out of it.

After almost giving up. I looked to see what was the latest version of windows which was 1908. I was just a few rev's behind. This is what fixed my problem.

But you at least need to put up a pop up box, that states "WHY" the app is auto-closing. And give a few suggested things to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. bring back folder installation choice

hi
    few years ago when i first installed oculus app
    I could choose the folder to install it to.
    new oculus app versions after I formated my computer
    no longer gives us the freedom to choose.
    not sure why would you remove that from us.
    so please bring back the option to choose which folder
    to install oculus app.
    thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please make Firmware updates available for download on your website

it would be super awesome if you guys would have oculus firmware downloads as optional links/things on your website. readily availble for people who the store/app doesnt work well for. ive had a lot of problems with your desktop app and this is the most major one. as well as a way to manually download them outside of oculus detecting it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base