Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Oculus Games Community pages

Add per-game community forums in Oculus Store for news, feedback, feature requests and support between gamers and devs. I used the Steam community one to discuss an Oculus store purchase. It could use Facebook api.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disabling autostart

a setting to enable / disable autostart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Local Setup Files

Hi, i' d prefer a local downloaded installer rather than the momentary webinstallation. It would help cutting down the download time and speed up the installation process in case of any problems like the "no display port connection" problem. And i am sure that it is even possible to release a update for both the installed app and the setup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lego VR game

Lego VR Game,

Infinite bricks, import already made instructions / part lists from lego, share your creations, seated play, co-op etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to downgrade games

Many times when a game updates, it can break a lot of things. On some platforms, we have the option to downgrade to previous versions. On Oculus Home, we are unable to.
    For Example, Beat Saber's Multiplayer Mod was broken in V 13.0, but works in V12.2. On Steam, we could simply revert via the properties page, but on Oculus Home, we're stuck with the version that doesn't work.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to watch another 360 degree camera image on Oculus using RTSP

Equipment configuration
    360 degree camera <4K, 360 degree>
    → (HDMI cable)
    → encoder
    → Notebook PC <Viewer software (360 degree compatible, Oculas Rift S compatible)>
    → Oculas Rift S <360 degree viewing>

My name is Umino of Obayashi Corporation.
    There are many softwares that watch videos taken with the Oculas Rift S on a notebook PC. Is there a way to send 360-degree camera video to VR goggles with as little delay (RTSP) as possible?
    Please let me know if you have software.
    Is this possible with the virtual {Desktop} software?

Instead of playing a saved video,
    I am expecting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allez niquer vos mères

Ne pas pouvoir changer le répertoire d'installation sérieusement?! Vous vous foutez de la gueule de qui?! Devoir se taper une ligne de commande à rallonge qui fonctionne même pas à l'arrivée. Allez bien vous faire enculer bande de fils de pute

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Decrease size of the free space check to the size of the update when updating a game

Currently when a game needs an update the oculus client checks if the drive has free space equal to the full size of the game, and if there is not enough space then it will refuse to update, even if the update itself is rather small and there is plenty of space for it, this is absurd, especially as some games have a massive file size, like asgards wrath takes is 130gb, some users are even uninstalling games just so they can redownload them with the update included.

this is more of a bug that should be fixed rather than…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why is the Oculus Software so chonk?

I've been using the Oculus Desktop app since 2016 when it first went live, and I've watched it grow from a reasonable few GB to now requiring around 23GB. Can we please have an option to disable Oculus Home/furniture/etc. and reclaim all of that storage? I can't help but feel like it's bloat on what should be a rather small storefront/driver/settings combo.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Changing Real Name

In the Oculus software or online website, add the option to change your account name. Being trans and having my dead name displayed is not nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Oculus Software failed to install initially with other USB devices Attached

I resolved my issue with not being able to install Oculus app. It was an incompatible USB device attached to the computer. I do not know which one: 3d Connexion Space Navigator 3D mouse; Corsair Void Elite USB headset; Logitech Gamepad F310; Dymo Labelmaker Duo; Pluggable USB Microscope or a disconnected USB cable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. remove the anoying back ground newage sound

a way to turn off and stay off the annowing newage background sound.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When a download fails, can you make it so that we don’t have to restart all over again.

Please make it so that when a download fails, you start back where it was when it failed. I have poor internet and it fails regurlarly. I have trying to download a game that is 77.57GB but when it fails I have to start all over again. In my eyes this is a huge flaw for people with bad connection, I’m unable to play certain games because of this flaw. I suggest a system like the Xbox One, where when a download fails, it pauses the download until you fix the issue and start it back up. I don’t really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. put a height adjuster to the settings

put a height adjuster to the settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a long press option for the left Controller like you did for the right. We can't play fast games without pressing that menu.

Your Long press option for the right Touch/Controller is a great idea. I do not mind the extra few seconds to wait for the menu.
    Now the left touch/Controller menu button is a constant trouble maker. No one in my house which is 6 can play Beat Saber or faster pace games with out hitting that menu giving all of us a horrible experience. I have not played with my Oculus Rift in a few months and have completly forgot why I stop. My brother came for a visit and wanted to try the Rift and so I loaded Beat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add linux support

The only reason i don't use oculus rift more is because of Windows, Windows is not my main OS and so i have it turned off every time.

Please add support for linux. Or at least help openhmd project

492 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable auto-launching the Oculus Client

I keep my oculus Rift CV1 plugged into my PC all the time and its mounted on a 3D printed shelf next to my desk. Somehow, this configuration causes the oculus software to automatically launch whenever I turn my PC on, or just about do anything on my computer. This is rather annoying, as I'd prefer to keep my first plugged in as the cords are already out of the way.

At present, I've found a workaround by setting the client to only run as administrator - however it would be nice to have an option in the settings to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. how to start up in Demo mode

What i'm meaning with this is when you go to best buy to try out their demos. i'm wanting to do that! but i cannot find anywhere that tells me how to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base