Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Desktop App: Fix the installer.

First and foremost. Allow us to choose where to install this app. In today's market, SSD's are much cheaper and storage more readily available. I think it's safe to say most users have multiple internal drives.

I'm well aware we can "force" this program to install in a different drive using CMD prompt or a Run line. However, I think it's just bad form not to have this built into the installer.

Secondly, make up your mind on how much space it will take. When I try to install with less than 21gb of free space it will tell me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. RIFT S...I suggested giving the Option to use insideout tracking, or some how use the sensors used with the rift. or both.

...I suggested giving the Option to use insideout tracking, or some how use the sensors used with the rift. or both. Inside out Tracking is to much of a bug. I say do both, to give options . why not cover all the bases. its not enjoyable when your in the middle of a game and you lose controller tracking.

Where this is a way there is a will.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GunStock vs. EnergySaving

Need option to disable energy savings for the Rift S Touch Controller. If you don't move your hands in Oculus Home, the hands disappear and the controllers are visible.
    If hands are moved again the controllers disappear and hands in vr are visible again, the hands should always be visible.
    Because of this annoying behavior lot of people in the world can't use basic VR Equipment like a gunstock.
    When the hands in Oculus Home disappear is the same moment when the tracking in first person Shooter within use of a gunstock is lost and it is not possible to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. do not show 'disabled audio' as error

I use my headset to play with my rift s. Therefore I disabled the Oculus audio.

However the app is showing it as critical error. I recommend to only show a warning (e.g. yellow) for that, as it's confusing and I need to open the details to see if I have an actual error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 'Your antivirus software prevented installation...' Makes it challenging to download & install. Exceptions and turned off AV, same issue..

A software update would be in order. Never had problems with software like Steam. Works with smaller apps, larger ones is a hit or miss. Please look into fixing download manager.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Bug] First start of Oculus software with an additional Windows user ends in error "ovr88948175".

Because the Virtual Desktop doesn't work as Windows standard user I created a power user. The first Oculus Software start logged in as this additional user ended up in an error "ovr88948175". After a time eating investigation I found the solution. This registry key was missing:

[HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus\Libraries]

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74233/new-oculus-account-setup-error-ovr88948175

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option for Less Exaggerated Controller Tracking

Recently Stress Level Zero has released BONEWORKS on the Oculus platform, and since I own an oculus headset and enjoyed the steam version I decided to re-purchase the game. Though there is one thing that is immersion-breaking for me, which is the exaggerated hand tracking in comparison to the SteamVR version (video below, I move my hands with the same amount of force in both clips), which doesn't go through SteamVR. I would like an option to tone down the speed of the controller tracking for it to function more like the SteamVR version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Guardian configurator

Taskbar ability to switch guardian settings. Or auto map guardian based on what game is running.
    Perfect for seated games vs standing room games and not having to navigate menu to change this all the time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix dirt rally 2.0 so you do not have to constantly swap the headset to hit a keyboard key and then put the headset back on

I am a long-time user of dirt rally from steam. Yesterday I purchased dirt rally 2.0 from the oculus store. It was a great mistake. I had hoped (presuming that oculus had done the reprogramming) that the necessity for having to take the headset off to press a keyboard key to change a menu, setting etc. and that hopefully the oculus hand controllers would now be available for that function. Sadly, that is not the case. I constantly have to swap the headset off to press a key on the keyboard (obviously it is very difficult to fumble around with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BY LETTING ME INSTALL OCULUS WITH A DYNAMIC BOOT DISK

EVEN THOUGH I AM INSTALLING TO A BASIC DISK, YOU WANT ME TO REFORMAT MY WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION BECAUSE YOU NEED TO UNPACK YOUR INSTALL FILES TO A BASIC DISK? WHAT?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!? AMAZON RETURN! AMAZON RETURN! ONE STAR REVIEW (already)! FIRE YOUR ENTIRE POMPOUS, NITWIT, UNACCOUNTABLE INSTALL DEV TEAM IMMEDIATELY!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an option to rollback the Oculus software as a last resort.

A recent update for the Oculus software has left my device effectively bricked due to AMD not releasing Windows 8.1 drivers that are new enough for the Oculus app to consider updated. I'm presently being told by Oculus support that my only option is to buy Windows 10 or a new graphics card, and that Oculus doesn't have the ability or intention to make my headset functional again. There should be an option to roll back software as a last resort in these kinds of cases that can allow Rift owners to use their device as they did before an…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Subscription Service

Why can't we have a Subscription service like the Vive?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. possibility to create own groups in Oculus Software Library to organize the titles

I miss the possibility to organize the purchased SW titles into my own Groups.
    In other libraries like steam this is possible.
    Meanwhile i have a lot of titles in my Oculus library and i miss this feature more and more ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to use the app without a monitor

I would consider this a bug in the software; when logged in on a remote session if the app is running it shuts off and when trying to start it fails and saying it cannot contact the service.

from the log;
    Browser process crashed with exception: Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
    Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
    at Module.resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:602:15)
    at Function.Module.
    resolveFilename (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:528:25)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:658:17)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
    at Object.get [as screen] (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\exports\electron.js:11:16)
    at getDisplayWorkArea (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:330835)
    at adjustWindowSize (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:297544)
    at new SkylineWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:298252)
    at Application.openSplashWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:167828)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop Oculus Rift S from entering sleep mode

I along with many others have the problem of Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S going into stand by/sleep mode when HMD is taken off. This is a big struggle since we have huge events where we would like to showcase our applications. If the HMD is removed for more than 20 minutes and to wear it again, it takes large amount of time to be back on and sometimes it even loses tracking. I request Oculus Staff to never let the Rift S go into sleep mode so that the application can run perfectly. The users who would like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base