Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Dark Screen

I have already used on my MSI PC exactly the same helmet (same characteristics) in September 2019 at the Planeur training center in Puivert (Aude)

Monday March 2, 2020, I decided to plug in my new helmet, bought a few days ago.
    The oculus program asked me for an update which I did immediately.
    While everything throughout the configuration seems OK, the screen of the helmet turns on, but turns off definitively after about a minute.

I reinstalled the OCULUS software, changed USB, etc. nothing helps.
    The headphones only turn on for a short time, once the USB is disconnected…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Guardian configurator

Taskbar ability to switch guardian settings. Or auto map guardian based on what game is running.
    Perfect for seated games vs standing room games and not having to navigate menu to change this all the time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix dirt rally 2.0 so you do not have to constantly swap the headset to hit a keyboard key and then put the headset back on

I am a long-time user of dirt rally from steam. Yesterday I purchased dirt rally 2.0 from the oculus store. It was a great mistake. I had hoped (presuming that oculus had done the reprogramming) that the necessity for having to take the headset off to press a keyboard key to change a menu, setting etc. and that hopefully the oculus hand controllers would now be available for that function. Sadly, that is not the case. I constantly have to swap the headset off to press a key on the keyboard (obviously it is very difficult to fumble around with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Subscription Service

Why can't we have a Subscription service like the Vive?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Bug] First start of Oculus software with an additional Windows user ends in error "ovr88948175".

Because the Virtual Desktop doesn't work as Windows standard user I created a power user. The first Oculus Software start logged in as this additional user ended up in an error "ovr88948175". After a time eating investigation I found the solution. This registry key was missing:

[HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus\Libraries]

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74233/new-oculus-account-setup-error-ovr88948175

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. possibility to create own groups in Oculus Software Library to organize the titles

I miss the possibility to organize the purchased SW titles into my own Groups.
    In other libraries like steam this is possible.
    Meanwhile i have a lot of titles in my Oculus library and i miss this feature more and more ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow me to use the app without a monitor

I would consider this a bug in the software; when logged in on a remote session if the app is running it shuts off and when trying to start it fails and saying it cannot contact the service.

from the log;
    Browser process crashed with exception: Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
    Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
    at Module.resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:602:15)
    at Function.Module.
    resolveFilename (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:528:25)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:658:17)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
    at Object.get [as screen] (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\exports\electron.js:11:16)
    at getDisplayWorkArea (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:330835)
    at adjustWindowSize (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:297544)
    at new SkylineWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:298252)
    at Application.openSplashWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:167828)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 'Your antivirus software prevented installation...' Makes it challenging to download & install. Exceptions and turned off AV, same issue..

A software update would be in order. Never had problems with software like Steam. Works with smaller apps, larger ones is a hit or miss. Please look into fixing download manager.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop Oculus Rift S from entering sleep mode

I along with many others have the problem of Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S going into stand by/sleep mode when HMD is taken off. This is a big struggle since we have huge events where we would like to showcase our applications. If the HMD is removed for more than 20 minutes and to wear it again, it takes large amount of time to be back on and sometimes it even loses tracking. I request Oculus Staff to never let the Rift S go into sleep mode so that the application can run perfectly. The users who would like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option for Less Exaggerated Controller Tracking

Recently Stress Level Zero has released BONEWORKS on the Oculus platform, and since I own an oculus headset and enjoyed the steam version I decided to re-purchase the game. Though there is one thing that is immersion-breaking for me, which is the exaggerated hand tracking in comparison to the SteamVR version (video below, I move my hands with the same amount of force in both clips), which doesn't go through SteamVR. I would like an option to tone down the speed of the controller tracking for it to function more like the SteamVR version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Oculus Games Community pages

Add per-game community forums in Oculus Store for news, feedback, feature requests and support between gamers and devs. I used the Steam community one to discuss an Oculus store purchase. It could use Facebook api.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. disabling autostart

a setting to enable / disable autostart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Local Setup Files

Hi, i' d prefer a local downloaded installer rather than the momentary webinstallation. It would help cutting down the download time and speed up the installation process in case of any problems like the "no display port connection" problem. And i am sure that it is even possible to release a update for both the installed app and the setup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lego VR game

Lego VR Game,

Infinite bricks, import already made instructions / part lists from lego, share your creations, seated play, co-op etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base