Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP demanding Facebook login

STOP insisting that I login with a Facebook profile in order to use oculus friends or chat services - or wasn’t a requirement before, and we weren’t noticed before buying the newer Rift S - so either stop the blowsy requirement or give us our money back! I would much rather go with another vendor than create and sign in using Facebook

Funny note: when I had Facebook, I noticed that the Facebook corporation were spying on me - this you could theorise wether this is deliberately being done as corporate espionage - and now you FORCE people to login…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Social connection via Oculus platform

Oculus keep aligning functions to Facebook and not allowing these other functionality to work outside of Facebook. This needs to be removed and allow people to connect via the platform without Facebook. this is a function that has been in use for many years and with one update now your ability to connect outside of Facebook is gone. Please let me know if there is a work around for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. possibility to create own groups in Oculus Software Library to organize the titles

I miss the possibility to organize the purchased SW titles into my own Groups.
    In other libraries like steam this is possible.
    Meanwhile i have a lot of titles in my Oculus library and i miss this feature more and more ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Local Setup Files

Hi, i' d prefer a local downloaded installer rather than the momentary webinstallation. It would help cutting down the download time and speed up the installation process in case of any problems like the "no display port connection" problem. And i am sure that it is even possible to release a update for both the installed app and the setup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] First start of Oculus software with an additional Windows user ends in error "ovr88948175".

Because the Virtual Desktop doesn't work as Windows standard user I created a power user. The first Oculus Software start logged in as this additional user ended up in an error "ovr88948175". After a time eating investigation I found the solution. This registry key was missing:

[HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus\Libraries]

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74233/new-oculus-account-setup-error-ovr88948175

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Guardian configurator

Taskbar ability to switch guardian settings. Or auto map guardian based on what game is running.
    Perfect for seated games vs standing room games and not having to navigate menu to change this all the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why is the Oculus Software so chonk?

I've been using the Oculus Desktop app since 2016 when it first went live, and I've watched it grow from a reasonable few GB to now requiring around 23GB. Can we please have an option to disable Oculus Home/furniture/etc. and reclaim all of that storage? I can't help but feel like it's bloat on what should be a rather small storefront/driver/settings combo.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Desktop App: Fix the installer.

First and foremost. Allow us to choose where to install this app. In today's market, SSD's are much cheaper and storage more readily available. I think it's safe to say most users have multiple internal drives.

I'm well aware we can "force" this program to install in a different drive using CMD prompt or a Run line. However, I think it's just bad form not to have this built into the installer.

Secondly, make up your mind on how much space it will take. When I try to install with less than 21gb of free space it will tell me…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oculus Software failed to install initially with other USB devices Attached

I resolved my issue with not being able to install Oculus app. It was an incompatible USB device attached to the computer. I do not know which one: 3d Connexion Space Navigator 3D mouse; Corsair Void Elite USB headset; Logitech Gamepad F310; Dymo Labelmaker Duo; Pluggable USB Microscope or a disconnected USB cable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. remove the anoying back ground newage sound

a way to turn off and stay off the annowing newage background sound.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When a download fails, can you make it so that we don’t have to restart all over again.

Please make it so that when a download fails, you start back where it was when it failed. I have poor internet and it fails regurlarly. I have trying to download a game that is 77.57GB but when it fails I have to start all over again. In my eyes this is a huge flaw for people with bad connection, I’m unable to play certain games because of this flaw. I suggest a system like the Xbox One, where when a download fails, it pauses the download until you fix the issue and start it back up. I don’t really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. put a height adjuster to the settings

put a height adjuster to the settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable auto-launching the Oculus Client

I keep my oculus Rift CV1 plugged into my PC all the time and its mounted on a 3D printed shelf next to my desk. Somehow, this configuration causes the oculus software to automatically launch whenever I turn my PC on, or just about do anything on my computer. This is rather annoying, as I'd prefer to keep my first plugged in as the cords are already out of the way.

At present, I've found a workaround by setting the client to only run as administrator - however it would be nice to have an option in the settings to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base