Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Speed up home transitions between store, home, and friend home

Right now it's ~7-10 seconds and there's simply no need for it to be that long.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Performance Decrease after Rift Core 2.0

Performance has decreased to where Games that I used to play with are unplayable.

Primary Game played Elite Dangerous. Graphics Card GTX780TI. System I7 - 4770, 32 GB Ram, Windows 10.

Elite Dangerous with Hello V (inserts browser in game) works flawlessly in Previous Version.

Enabling Rirft Core 2.0 without popping out any windows the performance drops where frames stutter.

Disabling Rift Core 2.0 and going back to previous, solves that problem immediately and everything works just as before.

Elite Dangerous is set to High on all settings and it works without a stutter.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow mouse and keyboard control as well as touch

Some people (like me) use Rift while sitting at a desk with a HOTAS, keyboard and mouse. Using a touch controller in combination with this environment is extremely impractical. Can options to use keyboard and mouse to control the dash and desktop functions be implemented?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to Disable the Grid where the screen snaps on

The grid in front of you keeps taking over when I want to place a screen a bit behind the grid or a bit in front of it. Let us disable that grid and place our windows where we want!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Buggy Multi monitor. Portrait multimonitor issues.

Firstly I have an issue where I am unable to adjust the monitors once placed. When I grip them it simply creates a new monitor thats completely black so I have a copy of the monitor but blacked out with a huge performance hit.

Secondly I have a portrait mode monitor which comes out as stretched into a forced portrait image.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Control the radius boundry of the automatically curved screens.

I'd like to be able to move the desktop windows farther away but still maintain a curved screen when desired.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't move pinned windows when opening dash

When opening dash, the pinned desktop windows move around in vr space according to the user's head orientation. In my opinion, pinned windows should always stay where they were pinned in VR space.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Volume UI and UX

I preferred adjusting the volume with + and - buttons with the volume level visible. Using sliders in VR is finicky unless it's notchy.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Screen capture / record

Please let us add screenshot capability in Dash / Oulus in general so I can take a screenshot with the press of a button without fiddling around on my physical keyboard IF the game I've got open, supports it.

Additionally, I heavily use nVidia ShadowPlay.
    PLEASE let us have the ability to have shadowplay // "Share" (as it's called now) record everything that is going on.
    Right now it just captures the game-footage but not the Dash-Windows I've pinned.

Basically, merge the preview of the game that anybody can view on the monitor with everything the new Core 2.0 Update…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save the position of a window

For a car simulation i use a windows pinned on my cockpit and it would be great to have this windows every time exactly at the same place without fight with oculus touchs.

Something like "this windows go at x,y and z" (for translation and rotation) idk it's an idea.
    or
    Can create an "invisible wall" (like the curved one in midde of screen, the one where the desktop appear) and make it persistent.
    So we can just drop the windows on this wall. an other idea^^

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix the keyboard issues on Oculus Dashboard

So support has been absolutely unable to help me fix an issue with the dashboard and they pretty much shrugged it off and told me to create this here.

A combination of random of buttons can be pressed and it will ***** up the keyboard, we need a buton to reset the settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide bottom bar of pinned window

Hide top and bottom bar of pinned windows, when not interacting with the window (e.g. pinning/closing/etc). It's very annoying to have a grey bar at the bottom of the window when watching a movie, or playing a game full-screened. There seems to something (artefact?) at the top as well, that should be removed.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the pinnable wrist-watch more than just a stretched donut.

I'd like to see a model more like the wristwatch in rec room as an option
    rather that the big bulky torus that shows up right now. Also, what happened to hands in dash? the whole point of dash was to let your vr hands access the menus, and with the most recent update I can't get my VR hands to show up when dash is open! That's a major step backwards!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A library for desktop programs.

Basically being able to choose certain programs that can launch in a seperate window instead of having to go to desktop then open a program, then create a window.

So you could allow certain programs, this way they won't require as many steps, and you could control what programs someone can use if you're demoing it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make dash a little less sensitive or slightly furthur away

Not a huge issue but is annoying when it happens. I open dash and as soon as it appears my hands have accidentally clicked on something due to it appearing close to where i keep my hands when i sit.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a brightnes Dimmer slider to all the windows

When you pinned any Windows and you are playing in a dark games like Elite Dangerous, the windows are to bright and is painful.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Portable VR Streaming Camera - Stream more than your sight!

Watching Brass Tactics streams can be vomit inducing on YouTube or Twitch due to the fast movements, but it's a wonderful game and needs to be shared. However, I want to watch more VR streams. Imagine be able to spawn a camera in any game and stream from it through your streamer of choice. Like a VR 3rd person camera.

• Stream with your favorite streaming tool OR a built-in streamer that connects to Youtube, Twitch or Facebook - The idea is OPTIONS
    • Place the camera at the angle you want
    • Grab the camera and go handheld or even flip it…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base