Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Automatically enter WebVR when site requests it.

I use Sketchfab to look at 3d models in VR. I wish there was a way to just open them from a web browser in Home/Store/etc. instead of having to take off the headset, find the model, open in VR, and hope it works.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. better randomize items

I keep getting T-Rex's I have 5 now. There needs to be a better randomization system to prevent to many duplicates.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shimmering of text, anti-aliasing/supersampling settings

Compared to Bigscreen, Dash's screen is brighter and sharper, which is very nice. However, text seems to shimmer quite a bit. I suspect it's due to a lack of anti-aliasing, or not as aggressive in it or super-sampling.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Major problem with multiple screen users

Hi. Ever since the Dash 2.0 has been launched, even in beta, users with multiple screen setup have been experiencing problems.
    The dash appears without the desktop icon and it's impossible to get out of the oculus home unless the rift is unplugged. This happens because the monitor goes black when oculus client is launched. The fact the the other monitors are disabled doesn't make a difference. Unplugging the extra monitors from the GPU did work for a while but now I'm having a dash without the desktop icon even with only one monitor plugged in. That means that I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better integrated voice regognition

In the windows 98 days we had great voice recognition for VR gameplay via Microsoft Sidewinder Game Voice. There were a lot of keyboard commands in most games of that era before Windows became more controller friendly. A good game voice profile really makes those games as real as it gets. A few strategy games, I was able to play with voice control alone without any other input. There were more things to be done on those games because the number of required input events, were not limited to the buttons on an X-box or 2 touch controllers. I still…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cooler game start up transition

When loading a game maybe make the transition cooler(not just looking at a little square with the name of the game)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move window control bar to the top

The black control bar with window controls (pin, minimize, keyboard) is currently at the bottom of all windows.
    It is commonly hidden behind the dash panel when sitting down.

Potentially move it to the top of the window and the controls to the center of the bar.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give us a settings option to switch between the current restricted window system and the old one.

Previously windows in dash allowed you to freely move them to your hearts content. While I understand why this new option exists for things like automatic leveling and centering, we should have the option to disable this "help" system for the old free movement.

Before this update I was watching netflix/amazon prime etc exclusively through dash without having to load other apps like bigscreen and saving resources. Now that this new system has your windows basically fight you to make it as difficult as possible to position them how you want, I've pretty much abandoned them all together again. Updates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Watch/Clock window to Pin

It should be great to have a simple watch/clock window to pin, during gaming or anything else.

Vive la VR! :)

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WebVR support would be awesome!

WebVR still doesn't work in Core 2.0 outside of Supermedium... I'd like to be able to use WebVR applications without having to use Supermedium's weird interface.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hotkey Toggle

Hotkey to pin/unpin unhide/hide the Dash monitor overlay.

Crowded cockpits (eg. DCS World, Elite Dangerous) would benefit from the ability to quickly toggle the computer monitor display on/off, by hotkey or voice command (Voice Attack).

It goes without saying the Dash overlay should reappear in the same place when toggled.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Oculus Dash "lock" option

Much like there is an option in Oculus Home to lock your home, there should be an option to lock Oculus Dash. I don't like whenever I hold the grip button to point my finger I grab one of the screens and move it. I'd like to be able to customise where my screens go and then stay there, until I unlock it.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Undo when accidentally grabbed a window you don't want to

Wish there is a way to undo the window back when you accidentally grabbed it.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to pin a Dash window to your headset (for attached HMD camera)

I think it would be awesome if there was two ways to pin Dash windows. The current one that pins it so that you can see it when you leave Dash, but also another one that pins it to your HMD, so that it follows as you look around.

This way if you have attached some kind of camera to your Rift headset, you would be able to use this to look at your surroundings easily... while without it, the Window would stay at its VR space location and looking behind you f.ex. would not really help.

This has been…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Vertical monitor orientation support

Portrait mode vertically oriented monitors appear rotated with a wrong aspect ratio, and tear-out window panels display the wrong part of the desktop sideways.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to “anchor” furniture in home

This has happened a few times since I opted in, where I go to grab an object and because of proximity to another, the larger object Is picked up. For example If a basketball is very close to a table or a bench, instead of grabbing the ball, you are more likely to grab the the table or bench. If you could have the option to anchor a pice if furniture, that wouldn’t be a problem any more

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the Dash buttons pop off the dashbar into a 3D button

I've had a problem for a while now where even though Dash's bar is very easy to navigate, pressing the buttons (especially when posed with the pointer finger extended) is very difficult because the hand doesn't lock to the button and depress it, it just moves through a flat surface and then the button may or may not scale a little bit before activating. I think a way more VR-focused way of using Dash would be for the buttons to be flat when not in view, but when they are on the dash panel they extend upward off the dash…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice Typing/Commands

First off, I'd love to see a built-in "Okay Google" type of command system with some kind of personal assistant built in that can do all of the things you'd want even while in game. Something like "Dash, do me a favor friend all players in this session," or "Dash, do me a favor, take a screenshot and post it to my Facebook page with the caption, 'Exploring the universe.'" Also when working with the desktop allow voice typing.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speed up home transitions between store, home, and friend home

Right now it's ~7-10 seconds and there's simply no need for it to be that long.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Performance Decrease after Rift Core 2.0

Performance has decreased to where Games that I used to play with are unplayable.

Primary Game played Elite Dangerous. Graphics Card GTX780TI. System I7 - 4770, 32 GB Ram, Windows 10.

Elite Dangerous with Hello V (inserts browser in game) works flawlessly in Previous Version.

Enabling Rirft Core 2.0 without popping out any windows the performance drops where frames stutter.

Disabling Rift Core 2.0 and going back to previous, solves that problem immediately and everything works just as before.

Elite Dangerous is set to High on all settings and it works without a stutter.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base