Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Option to persistently disable ASW

Asynchronous Spacewarp seems to be set to "Auto" upon restart. I want to completely disable ASW. Currently, every time I play a Rift game, I open the debug tool and disable ASW manually. I would rather not have to do this on every restart, and instead have it persistently disabled.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate FB messenger with oculus

A lot of my family and friends use facebook messenger to contact me IRL or call me. It would be nice if I could get like a small message (I'm thinking like a small test window up in the top right or left of the screen) or sound from the dash letting me know when friends or family have messaged me in messenger.
    Also, it would be nice to respond VIA a built-in messenger app in the dash. Like answer calls on messenger or respond to texts VIA built-in app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pinned Dash panes inserted into the application's scene space

It would be very nice and more immersive if Dash could be placed in the scene of the application/game instead of being painted over the scene.

Use case:
    A pinned webpage showing runes for OrbusVR's Runemage (that aren't recorded in the player's journal) is pinned in Dash so the player can practice tracing the runes with the in-game wand.

Currently, all in-game objects (hands and wand included) disappear behind the pinned window regardless of its apparent placement. Inserting the pinned window into the actual scene of the game would solve this and prevent pinned windows from constantly breaking immersion.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Night mode / dark environment in Oculus menu.

Opening the Oculus menu in the night will burn my eyes. A night mode, which turns the surrounding dark instead of white, would be really helpful to reduce eyestrain.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open Developer API for Dash

If there was an open api that developers could use, we could easily add our own items/overlays to dash.
    Things like a stream chat overlay, custom windows notification popups, or maybe something like a web browser designed specifically for dash would be possible through this.
    There could be a new menu in dash designed specifically for loading and unloading said "plugins".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow watch to be changed to right hand

They have recently added an experimental wristwatch, that can tell the time, and can even be pinned to appear in apps, however, there is not an option to move the watch to the right hand. I think this could be a good feature for lefties(and me, because I like to wear my watch on my right hand, even though I am right handed)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Virtual Floating In-Game Camera Through Dash

For those who have seen the movie Ready Player One everyone owns a personalized floating orb equipped with a Camera to take selfies with, except instead of just that, you could place it behind you and record/stream a 3rd person view of your character inside the game to show your friends.

Streamers could use this for personal streaming since it's a little wonky to watch their first person head move around fast.
    I feel like This could be perfect for watching Individual gameplay, whereas VR Spectating is perfect for watching a game from any angle.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not blacken the environment when using Dash

Often I would surf the web via the dash monitor in Oculus Home while watching a movie on the oculus home TV. With the dash system, it was very easy to multitask and stay in VR. Now, if using the dash monitor, everything becomes dark. If playing a game, you could quickly do something on the desktop while keeping a clear eye on the game. Now that the environment becomes dark, I find myself reverting back to just removing the hmd and using the actual monitor.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Red Shift App API or Windows Night Shift Integration

Windows 10 now has the ability to turn off blue light on the display at a specified time or at sundown. It's called "Nightshift". This removes blue light allowing us to get sleep despite using backlit devices. The Oculus needs to include this same functionality so that we don't have to quit a couple hours before bedtime just to get quality sleep and not mess up our circadian rhythm.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show the desktop when there is no monitor connected.

I know this is mostly a windows issue, but Virtual Desktop can still show a desktop with no monitor connected.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. have ability to play real games in home

it would be great to be able to play certain games like cards and for younger uses certain TV games such as yu gi oh. also to be able to make card towers and throw them around, other games like that would also be great especially if you can play them with friends.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate rift.uservoice to Dash

I only just recently found out about this website when support recommended it to me. Turns out most of the ideas I had have already been suggested, but I still wish I would have known about it sooner.

I'd love to have an app in Dash that would display the most recent suggestions and show you any new comments left on an idea you made/liked. Even just making it a link that opened in browser would be better than not having anything.

Maybe more people would provide feedback if the ability to do so was part of the experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom auto-opening windows at launch

An option to close all dash windows at once? Or at least make it so that there aren't 3 windows opened by default. Its annoying to close them one by one every time I use the desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Button for right mouse click, instead of long press.

Right now using the windows touch interface means you have to long press for right click when we have lots of perfectly good buttons on the controller. Give us a dedicated right click button.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Touch shortcut for keyboard show/hide

Finding the show keyboard button is a pain. A method for showing/hiding the keyboard - say pressing B or Y - would be useful for quickly pulling it up.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dash should have pinned window arrangements.

If I already have discord open on desktop then when I load into vr home it should already be pinned where it last was pinned. Going further you should be able to switch between arrangements. Where windows are pinned in one vr experience might not be good for another. So I should be able to pull up dash and hit a button on the carousel just like the monitor button, which would then show my bookmarked arrangements. Selecting this button should automatically pull up all the windows of that bookmark. If it's not possible to auto launch and programs for…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow some way to adjust volume while in-game

Allow some way to adjust volume while in-game - perhaps pressing both joystick buttons brings up a volume slider, or something like that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dash swipe keyboard would be better

I enjoyed the "hunt and peck" style keyboard for a minute but I can't help but wonder how much more effective a swipe keyboard would be while we wait for keyboard vr tech to make is way too oculus. Bonus points for talk to text universal button - meaning it should work ANYWHERE!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Drag Dash Windows to TV's and Monitors

Currently, the way to put stuff on the monitors is pretty good, the UI works well, no complaints there.

But I think it'd be nice if we could drag a window we had open in dash over a TV and it would "snap" onto it. Pretty simple :)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base