Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Remap panel controls for Oculus Dash

The current method of right clicking on a Virtual Desktop panel (hold B/Y) is a bit unintuitive, and I was thinking it might make more sense to have panel controls be activated through a click of the Thumbstick instead, allowing B and Y to behave as right click directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable fade in/out from Oculus menu to/from game

I dislike the slow fade in/out from/to a game to Oculus Dash when entering/exiting Oculus Dash. It used to (a few months ago) be an instantaneous transition from the game to Oculus Dash, but now there is a fade in/out, which in my opinion is unnecessary and just takes up time. I'd very much like it if I could disable the fade in/out and simply have an instantaneous transition.
    Specifically I'm talking about games which Oculus Dash doesn't overlay, so it's an instantaneous transition from the game to the white grid room with Oculus Dash.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add two-hand gestures to resize windows

Grabbing a screen with the second hand should allow you to resize the window horizontally or vertically.

367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disabled Wheelchair users requires additional accessibility options for height adjustment

I'm a full time wheelchair user, I own an HTC Vive and an oculus Rift and the Quest. Steam VR has had Accessibility options in advanced settings for 3 years where I can make myself taller in VR with a slider that basically moves the virtual floor further down, and can also assign a spare button on the controller that I can hold to go back to seated height and let go for virtual standing height again so it's like the equivalent of a crouching button... and so I much prefer to use my Vive for this reason and hardly…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show a "laptop is open" indicator or model in the way of your view in vr so you know to close your laptop so you don't punch your screen

This applies to both the rift and rift s, but especially for the rift s. It's so easy to get in vr now that my biggest concern is I'm going to punch my laptop screen as it sits in my lap. As a developer I'm constantly in and out of vr and I don't have time to move my laptop. Detect if it's open and block my view with a warning until it's detected closed. Of course throw this into settings as an option but for the love of vr development think of all the laptops you'll be saving!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. So you have your default Home, but with the Rift S, I want to use this as my Home office, I need a default Office as well as Home. Template?

I bring up my three monitors and the keyboard is good enough to use this as my Office, I can move my monitors around, but the Home template isnt really Office friendly, be good to have either a template I can select for Office. Plus options to record the session, I know there is oculus mirror, but to be able to record next to the option tto take a screenshot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Smart Watch!

Your phone rings when you're in VR. Your watch hand begins to vibrate, you hold up your hand to see the watch is illuminated and blinking. The watch projects a holographic display showing a picture of the caller along with the phone ui buttons. Voice is directed through the rift.

This is made possible by the use of a mobile companion app connected to your PC. It is able to mirror your phone audio and video. Using the smart watch you have access to all of your usual apps without leaving the rift.

Having the ability to view and pin…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pin window to Touch controller

currently, desktop windows seem to be pinned to the real playspace area.
    when playing shooters, this gets in the way :/

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add 'Quick Launch' tab for Desktop Apps

Right now, if I wanted to open say, Spotify, as a "pulled out" app, I have to, go to the Oculus Desktop tab, navigate my desktop, go to my windows start menu, open Spotify, then 'grab it out', then close Oculus Desktop.

Lots of manual effort, very clunky.

What I'd like is a tab to the left of Oculus Desktop called 'Quick Launch', where I can add my favorite apps (eg. Chrome, Spotify, Discord, Netflix) as a sort of "speed dial".

Kind of like the Windows Start Menu, except it's within VR, and when I launch any of these apps…

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow customization of how much the Dash darkens the game

A recent change makes the game world darken a bit when you open the dash. Personally, I don't like this change, I play a lot of VRChat and other social apps and like to use my dash while chatting. I'll still be looking around and talking with people while the dash is open, so I want the game world to stay the same. I know others might like this change though. It would be nice if there was some control over how much the game was darkened, including an option to turn it off. Maybe a slider of some sort?…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Push to Talk Universal Option

I would like an option for push to talk that mutes unmutes my mic. The touch controllers have capacitive buttons and these would work perfectly for ptt (any would work) you rest thumb on the spot(not pressing) and it turns on mic.

The thumb rest capacitive spot would be perfect to activate it or one of the menue buttons.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Answer Facebook IM calls from the dash board.

I'd like to be able to answer calls I receive in the FB messenger while in VR. Like just a simple button to click and answer with voice only while I'm in a game or in oculus home would be awesome. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Rift Should Allow for a Longer HDMI and USB cable connection, even repeaters don't work.

I've spent way too much money on trying to improve the cord management situation and nothing works. The Rift cables are too short and not even a repeater fixes the problem, it just won't detect it unless it's directly plugged in. Such a waste.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. NAME IS ON TOP AS ****

CHANGE THE NAME

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Windows Notifications as notifications in Dash

Would love to see the ability to get Windows app notifications in the same way we get friend invite notifications within Dash. Would be even cooler if we could select one and have it open the notifying app while we’re in VR

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. oculus home can not support my rtx2080ti,it has a notice on my program

oculus home can not support my rtx2080ti,it has a notice on my program

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Oculus Desktop with a full screen view (not TV size)

Oculus question for New Oculus Rift S (no sensors but no HDMI only video display)
    Is the Oculus Desktop in the Oculus Rift S - that was your best feature? The only limitation was Oculus Desktop is a TV view (not full screen). Do you have a full headset view of the Oculus Desktop where developers can use your head movement to scroll around a 3D world - this option in either the Rift or Rift S would permit quick transitions for developers to put their existing 3D worlds in your headset?

The only other limitation of your system -…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent window movement

When Windows are pinned and Dash is opened up, the Dash AND pinned windows are "centered" around your current view.
    This messes up aligned windows in games.

For example I have a window pinned in Elite Dangerous - right below my right side panel.
    I hit Dash while not looking dead straight and it recenters Dash AND the windows to match my orientation. This will cause the windows to be moved to an unwanted location.

Please add a toggle-option to prevent recentering of DASH when opened up.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pairing your phone with rift

Vive users have in-game notifications since longtime : "Don't worry about missing important notifications. While you're in any VR app, you'll see a notification when you have an incoming call, message, or upcoming calendar event."

Why the **** rift users are so ignored by Oculus ?

This is THE suggestion : https://www.vive.com/eu/support/vive/category_howto/pairing-your-phone-with-vive.html

Please listen to us.

Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Positioned and pinned screens should have three options: User, Room, Wrist.

This just helps in where the screens are expected to be when we bring up Oculus Dash or when pinned.

User: Same as it is now. If user turns, the screens will be in same relative position.

Room: Relative to the Oculus Sensors. If user turns, screens appear in the same "real world" positions. Useful if I want to pin a movie to a position relative to my chair, but allow me to move around.

Wrist: Relative to the Oculus Controller(s). If user move his controller, the screen is moving with it.

(fourth option) Relative to virtual room (Home only):…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base