Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. I was watching the local news

The control my local weather man has on the radar via green screen is unreal. He just touches a blank wall behind him. He also has a clicker gadget in his off hand. I genuinely think this could change gaming. He even has pop-up menu control

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus news tab in dash

Creating a tab / panel in dash for news about Oculus or VR in general would be a great way of informing consumers about latest news and featurettes.

For example say OC7 is ongoing show highlights or even full streamed keynotes from the Convention through the Dash for people to get informed while in VR itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow native streaming to Twitch.TV via Dash

Rift can already stream to Facebook via Dash, so it should be possible to add a button to allow us to stream to Twitch.TV (of course we would need to connect our Twitch account to Oculus).

Additionally, with the recent Facebook Portal and Amazon Alexa collaboration, I don't see why Oculus can't collaborate with Amazon Twitch.TV (since Amazon owns them).

This would be a very useful feature that would instantly increase the brand awareness of the Oculus platform !

Thanks !

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. music controls for Spotify and other apps built into dash/menu screen

It would be convenient to have a little panel in the dash with music player controls for popular streaming services and local files, much like you get on the lock screen for your phone or in the Windows 10 Game Bar - much more convenient than having to pull up the desktop and find the app window just to pause or skip a track.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give us the option of choosing versions of older oculus software .

Hello, I say thank you to read my opinion.

Be straight to the point,I never like to change my system environment, no matter what risks are exist in old software.

I reinstalled software 10 days ago,I've struggled to prevent "Fatal error".
    Definitely, the cause is new imposition of force to connect oculus server.
    I don't necessarily connect the internet any time.
    I understand the circumstances what relates your business,
    but, this restriction is so inconvenience.
    By the way,no one can guarantee to a company goes well forever.
    It is a tragic event if 400$ VR head set become a decorative…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ahhh sweet transparency.

I'd like vd pullout panels with transparency so I can game and watch videos at the same time or keep up with my stream etc easier without the pinned window getting In the way.

I'd also like to pin windows and still be able to use them (as an option) but only by touch not laser.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back center

I don't know why this was removed. Now after you create a boundary you have to set the app to center. After the boundary is made and you put the rift s on in any other orentation other that your center, you have to recenter the app again. I also have the quest and you can easily hold the Oculus button for 2 seconds to recenter. you can't do this with rift s.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Faire des capture d'écran en rafale pendant une partie de jeux vidéo..............to take screenshots in succession during a game of video g

Faire des capture d'écran en rafale pendant une partie de jeux vidéo.

To take screenshots in succession during a game of video g

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. By Adding "Sitting Mode" Button , "Oculus Pro for Public use"

see the visitor center currently has 30 Rift that I can't Upgrade to Rift S until a solution is found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Could we get a warped virtual keyboard that could be docked to Dash?

Strange that nobody seemed to mention this before, but for me it's pretty annoying, that since the keyboard is a straight rectangle, and Dash is a warped one, it will have overlaps if trying to bring them to usable distance. Its visually displeasing.
    Every now and then the keyboard skin is changed, which is fine I guess, but focus on the elephant in the room, that the keyboard and dash are both input devices occupying the same space, and are incompatible.

Below is a quick photoshop hack if the concept isn't clear

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to disable to dimming on applications when opening dashboard.

Many artists use applications in VR to simulate travelling to real locations in order to practice their drawing skills (usually via a virtual desktop overlay running photoshop), but currently to do so, we need to use paid third party tools such as OVRdrop, as the dashboard and native virtual desktop dims the background notably. Having an option to disable or even adjust the amount the dashboard dims the background by would be a huge help to many oculus users who use the dash's native virtual desktop as often as I do.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Now Playing" app prompt keeps intruding other apps/windows, please stop

Something that is increasingly testing my patience is the fact the "Now Playing" prompt window keeps moving itself in front of or even straight up replacing my primary window in my VR dashboard. I keep grabbing it and moving it out of the way but it keeps. coming. back.

If I move it somewhere it should STAY there, I don't need it re-centering itself over what I'm currently working on every 5 seconds.

The dashboard should either respect where I put it or put the Now Playing app controls in a designated spot on the toolbar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom settings for streaming

Hello, please add an option to set custom settings such as resolution, bandwith for Facebook streaming.

With a poor DSL connection it's not possible to share without using OBS

Regards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show wrist-watch even when Dashboard isn't up

The wrist-watch is a cool way to see the time, but it currently only shows up when the Dashboard is up, and Dashboard already shows the time. It would be a lot more useful to be able to be able to see the time even when the Dashboard isn't up.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate smartphones into dash.

I hate having to remove my HMD to check for calls or texts. A virtual big phone with a mirror screen of my phones actual screen would be awesome.

385 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add option to disable headset pointer when using Xbox Controller when playing non-VR games through Virutal Desktop

When I try to play a game that uses the Xbox controller when I'm using Dash's Virtual Desktop to create a virtual monitor, it automatically assumes I want to use my headset as a pointer and cancels out my directional input from the controller.

I don't see an option to disable this and only use the input from the Xbox controller anywhere. I just want to use my Rift S as a display, not as an input device.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Always show nickname instead of real name

It's difficult to remain anonymous while streaming VR using Oculus software because your real name is shown in multiple places with no way to hide it. A simple toggle should replace your real name everywhere with the nickname you've set.

470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Virtual panel transparency

Be able to adjust virtual panel transparency

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Oculus menu/dash customization

Adding some sort of option for the artistic of us or for those just wanting so add some personalization or flair to their menu/dash would be really cool. This could start as simple as just changing the colors of things like the default grey of the menu and quick access panel, to adding our own custom artwork as backgrounds and customizing the buttons. Later down the road there could possibly be some sort of community system like the oculus home system, where people can upload their own custom menu designs for others to download and use. Itll give the end…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base