Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Make Dash start in the same place relative to the room.

Some parts of my play area match how I've customized my Dash home: my couch, the shelf for my touch controllers and some boundaries. This is great for showing new people. But I have to teleport to align it every time because Dash starts relative to where I'm standing instead of relative to my physical room.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggleable rotation indicator overlay

The rotation indicator on the floor of Racket NX helps to keep the cable from becoming a tangled up mess. I'd like to have something similar to use in other games with a lot of 360 action.

Considering OpenVR advanced settings shows rotation statistics as well, I was wondering if it is possible to add a simple toggleable and/or transparent rotation 'counter' overlay. Maybe as part of Guardians floor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Different configurations for different games / apps and within app scenes

Configure generic window positions specific to a game or app, and drag and drop windows from the desktop into position. For example, in Elite: Dangerous, you could pre-position windows in your cockpit for streaming video or external tools, and just drop a source in -- or even better, remember the source and automatically try to restore it -- so that you don't have to fiddle with positioning every time.

Similarly, allow the game / app to control which configuration is in use at any particular time. Again, using Elite as an example, you might have different configurations for different ship…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Recent Players grouped with to invite them later

Disconnected from a co-op game and want to regroup with your team? Check your recent players list. A lot of VR games are unstable and tend to run into this sort of problem often.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. give the keyboard an illuminate ability

Please give the virtual keyboard a key illumination ability because it is tricky to know what key effectively is pressed .( just like the virtual keyboard in windows 10 , or the one in Bigscreen wich is perfect imho ).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The creating of a virtual monitory is not compatible with nVidia Physx and similar multi-monitor setups. This is going to be a problem.

The creating of a virtual monitory is not compatible with nVidia Physx and similar multi-monitor setups. This is going to be a problem. I personally find it unacceptable. And I hope I won't be required to update to core 2.0 if I am going to lose functionality in doing so.

We could use a fix for this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unlimited resizing and re-distancing windows.

Not to restrict how far you can make the windows go, or at least let us make it go as far as the biggest cinema in the world (probably 100-200 meters?).

Not to restrict how big you can make the screen go (otherwise, it would appear small if the distance is great). Or at least it should be larger than the max FOV (so about 180 degrees in the furthest distance would be good).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Smoother and stuttering free updates in NVIDIA 388.xx drivers

Lot of people have been experiencing this also. Every NVIDIA 388.xx driver causes lots of stuttering, unstability and performance drop in lot of games. Previous versions run smooth as butter.

If 388.43 is needed for running dash 2.0, someone should investigate this. It's like my gtx1070 went old since the driver update.

Specially noticeable in EVE Valkyrie, from smooooooooth to choppy.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Centre virtual keyboard in Home/Dash under the Window that activates it

When the virtual keyboard is activated, make the keyboard appear under the active window, not under the dash console.

As an example, I was turned away from the dash console, facing my desktop window(s). I clicked on the keyboard icon at the bottom of the desktop window to activate the keyboard, and I couldn't see the keyboard.

It was only when I turned around that I saw the keyboard was under the dash console.

There's also no way to grab and move the keyboard to place it under the window either.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow touch as airbrush.

For use in Photoshop & other programmes.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shared screens and a Mirror of Vr, in VR.

Shared screens would be nice to show eachother stuff, maybe like a button you could click to say: 'Share this screen with a friend?'

I was thinking it would also be cool if you could visit a friend who's playing a VR game, and viewing a mirror of what they're playing in their home.

Maybe even go as far, as to view their avatar also? (this is just a plus)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust MS Cleartype Settings

MS Cleartype uses sub-pixel arrangements to display clearer text, but this is only effective when displayed 1:1 on an LCD panel. When viewed in a non-native way, especially zoomed in, text shows color fringing around the edges. Cleartype should be adjusted by Dash so that it uses grayscale font smoothing only.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please provide a away to set alarms/calendar notifications

please have a way to either integrate with windows calendar or be able to set ad-hoc alerts to appear. I might have 20 minutes to kill before I need to go somewhere and it would be nice to be able to get an alert in the headset.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve low LOD (level of detail) models

With graphic settings set to low, several of the 3D models look bizarre. I must assume this is using some sort of automatic LOD reduction, but in some cases the result is off. Two examples are the modern long counter, which has some strange geometry in places as shown in the picture, and the game cartridges, which also look strange in low LOD. Instead of using a dynamic, automatic LOD process, objects should be pre-modeled with low, medium, and high levels of detail to ensure they still look as intended at any graphic setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Oculus Home 1.21 not Working with HDR

I use Windows 10 with HDR enabled. I also have Oculus services disabled unless I'm using the headset.
    If I start Oculus service with HDR enabled then my screen goes black and never comes ack, and I get only black in the headset. If I turn off HDR it starts fine, I can then enable HDR again and it will continue to work providing I don't stop and start the Oculus service.
    I opted out of the public test channel to roll back to Oculus Home 1.20.02 and this doesn't cause any problems at all, so it just seems to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the green cross calibration easier to reach

Whenever i put my rift back on, i always hit the menu button and quickly check to make sure its on perfectly for clarity. Now that button is hidden behind a couple of menus. It'd be great to see a button on the dash where the touch battery and headphone volume is. Somewhere easy to reach.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add 2nd row of dash that act as window taskbar for oculus desktop

since searching the app you need within oculus desktop is kinda hard (especially when the taskbar is hidden automaticly), adding window taskbar to the dash directly would allow faster app switching

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide hands/touch controllers after a period of time

When in the Oculus Dash, which I use as a virtual desktop sometimes, my hands/touch controllers stay visible forever. After a minute or two of idle time, they should disappear so they don't obstruct your view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow user to adjust angle of dash

The current implementation is exremely hard to use when lying down. Go on, try it.

Currently the dash panel needs to be below the user with the user looking down on it's upward facing icons.This limits the possible situations it can be used effectively.

If there was an option to tilt the dash panel to 90 degrees perpendicular to horizontal (or further) it would allow for much easier use in a wider range of user scenarios.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove geometry of baseboards

The geometry of the baseboards of the home room causes balls to ricochet across the room if they're hit. This happen to myself all the time especially with basketballs and table tennis balls, and it's annoying to constantly be chasing after errant balls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base