Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Rift Core Idea - Per App Button Remap Profiles

Add the ability to remap/store button profiles for each game/app.

This would, for example, make it possible to swap the trigger and grab buttons for games that insist on using the trigger button for "grab" functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Home environment corrupted

when I'm in the home environment it is completely corrupted all i see is a mass of triangles. I have reinstalled Oculus home 2.0 on both my laptop and main PC but the issue remains (on both machines). I can view the shop environment fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. when you visit the home of a friend is it possible to see it live?

Hello, for the dash a system like RecRoom, when you visit the home of a friend is it possible to see it live?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Problems when first entering Dash/home

I have problems when first entering Dash/Home on my Oculus. On occasion I will end up right next to an item that I put in the home. In this example its a shelf that had a bunch of items on it. I pop in and the shelf ends up getting hit, somehow, and everything on it falls off. Then the last time I loaded up Dash and popped into my home the shelf ended up getting knocked down to the ground.
    TO prevent this, there needs to be a way to pin these items so you don't end up accidentally…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Smooth out the movement of screens and lock screen roation in the Dash desktop viewer.

This will make it easier to place screens that you pull out as well as make them straight, but the future to rotate screens shouldn't be disabled and instead should be enabled by a button push after grabbing the screen.

This will make it a bit more comfortable for people who have shaky hands like me and want to watch content comfortably when in the Oculus Home or other VR programs and games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. disable 2nd monitor (oculus dash desktop) when headset is not worn

The rift should not be behaving like a second monitor (appearing in windows display settings), as when exiting the dash desktop often windows explorer windows are stuck in the rift virtual monitor, and you need to use windows shortcuts to bring them back to your physical monitor

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Performance needs better

Performance, performance, performance. I've had to disable dash until this is sorted. Running a low end machine but never had issues till dash

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Any way we can have a simpler version of dash? With Low VRAM Usage.

I have a 3GB GTX 1060. It works 90% fine in VR applications. However as soon as I upgraded to Dash and booted up Onward, it became unplayable, with massive dips in framerate and occasional display driver crashes that required a restart.

My issue is that Dash+Windows uses 1.3GB-1.5GB of VRAM. The old system plus Windows only used about 850MB of VRAM.

The job may find its way to the game developers, but with less overhead, we'll get better games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow selection in notifications that you recieve

I was playing a competitive multiplayer game when notifications kept popping up that someone was inviting me to play another game. The message took up a huge portion of my field of view, hindering my performance. I can't think of any game, even a single player one, where I want to be disturbed. I wish I would only be notified of anything when I exit an app or have Oculus Dash open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Modifing some aspects of the Multimonitor VR desktop

Hi,
    I have a multimonitor setup for Working purposes. 3 +1 Screen Layout
    With this I mean I have 4 real screens, attach to the graphic (GTX1070).
    Rift Ocupied one of the ports so now, i can only run a 3 monitor Setup, or cicle beetween my needs.
    Within Oculus Dash when i try to "grab a Window" to make a solo "view" of a app, it pulls out a black window.
    I read somewhere that this is somehow attach to how many monitores do u have/ports used on the graphic. With in my case, i have all ports/slots, ocupied. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Interacting with pinned screens

I am new to vr and not much of a tech guy. I picked this for the potential multi tasking ability. I have notice that you can not interact with an pinned screen when it is pulled off the desktop. I have pull it up on the desktop to say skip a song or pause video. Is there any way to fix this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UAC prompt not showing in desktop (admin privilege)

When I launch something that requires admin rights inside the Dash desktop, an stretched icon is shown on the screen in VR. We have to leave VR to continue. This definitely should be fixed ASAP, or at least give us a workaround that could proceed inside VR.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Moving the desktop viewer can be quite difficult

Trying to move the desktop viewer can be dificult, as instead of moving the window, I end creating a new one of the app that I have opened. I like the idea of having as many windows as wanted for desktop apps, but I think there should be separate ways of creating them different from moving the whole desktop window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat rooms in the home

It would be pretty cool to make your home a social space where you can see your friends that enter and you could talk to them right there and then. To add to that, it would be cool if our mouth's move!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use the Minuum keyboard, LEAP motion style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmEy9jxwte4

Typing with two fingers with no physical feedback on a keyboard designed for use with ten fingers and physical feedback is a massive pain.

The Minuum predictive keyboard, used in the manner in the video above, looks like it would be a much more pleasant VR typing experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Workspaces

Not sure if this is already implemented, but if it is, I could not find a way to do this. Allow me to create virtual workspaces that I can switch. For example, I may create a "work" workspace, where I have things arrange a certain way. Then I may have a "play" workspace that arranges the windows in a different way. Then I can switch back an forth as I need them. They need to be synced to the cloud so that I can access them from any computer anywhere.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Toggle see avatar hands in game

It would be nice to be able to have the option of using the same controller skins (the avatar hands) that are used in home in other games.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add multitouch support to monitors

While one hand is dragging and performing a single-touch action, allow the other hand to add another touch to the screen to allow pinching and other two-finger actions on Windows applications that support them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make the window resize memorised !

In desktop mode , the size of the oculus window is not memorised when quitting, at the restart of the app , it is always at the default size on the monitor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add games to add/remove programs

currently if a beta ends that you are in, then all files are just kept on your pc in the oculus folder... because the icon is gone from your games list you cant remove the files without going and looking for them.

i had 4 gig of files left on my ssd after the eleven:table tennis beta ended. if i hadnt thought to go look then they would just be sitting there

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base