Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Oculus android app still showing my Oculus Rift device although I removed it from my device list.

The oder platforms like internet browser and Oculus Home app on my PC does not show my Oculus Rift in my device list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rift-S tracking disable functionality - similar to Q2

We have several clients using the Rift-S in exhibitions. They are getting constant "Define play area" even if it's set up as static.
    On my Q2 I can in developer option disable this so when cameras are 'lost' it uses the gyro, losing the 6-DoF tracking but still keeping the head rotation. As soon as cameras are seeing again, full tracking is enabled WITHOUT any notifications or need to re-calibrate.
    We really need a fix for the Rift-S to replicate this as our client is struggeling using the hardware as-is.
    For many uses the Rift-S is used completely stationary, so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to hide real name

Real name appears in various menus (most notably on the dash) which is problematic for various reasons, especially for those who wish to stream on public platforms (Twitch, etc.). There's no need to see your own name (you presumably already know it), but with the tightest privacy settings being 'Only You' this doesn't help if you want to broadcast what 'only you' can see.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keyboard swipe

Our team does every standup and creative collab session in Oculus now. Let’s push for a feature request to add the ‘swipe’ keyboard function similar to mobile phones. It’s insanely complicated to type with VR controllers. Always gets it wrong. I find myself naturally trying to type by dragging from one key to the next, in hopes that Oculus has integrated this quick typing feature. This would both drastically reduce mistakes and speed up typing in a way that’s actually productive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add hot-keys for accessing Dash and Passthrough with the keyboard

Add the ability to use a keyboard hot-key instead of the Oculus button on the handcontrollers for accessing Dash and Passthrough. Also make it possible to move the pointer and click on buttons inside Dash with the mouse so we dont need to use the handcontrollers. If you dont add the mouse support it would be enough with the Oculus button and a couple of the other buttons on the controller so Dash could be used with those keyboard shortcuts togeather with moving the pointer dot with the head.

Make note of the following:
    There is no flightsimmer with a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Xbox compatibality

Make the headset compatible with Xbox like you did with pc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove "controller not found" error overlay

Not everyone uses controllers. A loit of people use the Rift in seated mode with a HOTAS, for example. Please get rid of the "Controller not found" overlay error message that will come up if the controllers batteries are flat/have had the batteries removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Может ли обычный парень из России, осуществив свою идею в реальность ,верить в то ,что такая огромная фирма как Oculus сможет сотрудничать в

Здравствуйте,я обычный молодой человек из России.И с чем я столкнулся, я очень сильно люблю VR технологии ,я это понял после игры в одном из торговых центров своего города, после нескольких посещений , я понял ,что VR это начало чего то глобального ,того что изменит мир от ПК и смартфонов.Я начал изучать рынок и обучаться разработке игр и программ.Чтобы в будущем купить шлем и программировать для VR.Мне пришла гениальная идея которая в течении 5-7 лет появится и без меня ,но я хочу быть первым.единственное что я прошу не большой мотивации.Я задумался , что для реализации моей идеи VR шлем должен быть…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to add applications to dash bar which launch as panels

I would like to be able to add persistant options to the dash bar which would launch an application as a panel.
    Kind of like the way panels already works, but instead of having to choose an application which is already open, I could configure a path to an executable/shortcut.
    Also unlike existing panels (which disapear from the bar once they are closed / headset is shut down), these should be persistant shortcuts which I could access with one click

So in summary, we should be able to add a program shortcut to the bar, which persists after restart, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More audio control for both Dashboard and Home

Please, please , please! Add audio controls for the music from the Dashboard! I cannot be on the desktop and listen to this music while watching a video from the desktop feed. Either I couldn't find it, which is bad, or its not there, which is ver very bad.

And from the Home, I can turn off the music but the ambiant sound his still there, so I turn off sfx but now I loose the interactions sound, these are not the same! Who is in charge of the audio over at Oculus!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hold Menu Button on the Controller for x seconds to access it (prevents accidentally opening up the oculus home screen)

How about implementing a Feature in the Options Menu to let's say "keep pressed the Oculus Home Button for at least 2 Seconds to activate the Menu"?

Same maybe for the left button (since this opens up Steam VR Settings).

I think this shouldn't be a big thing to implement and I guess I'm not the only person on earth with this "problem".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add controller calibration and customization options

I've recently run into a problem with my controllers where one of my grip buttons has physically malfunctioned so that it is slightly pressed in, about 15-20% of it's range. This causes problems with some games due to the fact that the entire range is needed for interactions, and it's causing the grip release to be lagged. I believe this problem, and others like it, could be fixed with a menu where you can calibrate and adjust deadzones on the sensitive parts of the controller, as full movement and precision is needed for nearly any action in vr controls.
    SteamVR…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mouse support (Technical principle)

Like the gamepad support lastly added (wishing more controls over the activation options for that though), a mouse support following the aim mechanism of the head-aiming with gamepad, but with the difference of the origin point of the line :

taking the head position variables at the recenter/reset moment, and discarding the head's inclinations, the mouse moves the target point of the line on a the sphere surface with the center of origin matching the head's one . The trick would be disabling the mouse aiming as the line targets the dash's desktop screenspace when activated. (colision detection possibly avoided…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a Displayport to HDMI or to USB C, or Update Firmware to Support 3rd Party Adaptors

Make a DisplayPort to HDMI or USB C adapter as many third party ones dont work and may people have "VR Ready" gaming laptops but dont have display ports/MiniDP which dont allow them to use their Rift S. dont know why the company havnt made a fix for this issue over the years, but now with new technological advancements many laptops are able to witstand large amounts of power (core i7 and up and even RTX 2080+ but cant use the rift S simply because of ONE CABLE, and many laptop comanys making the switch over to USB C outputs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add option to turn off haptics

Please add option to disable the haptics.. there are oculus only games that cannot be played because the option to turn off haptics is not there. On all steam games once the haptics are turned off the games run smooth with no issues.. so we need this option in order to further purchase oculus games.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide Virtual Desktop windows from Mirror for us who want to Stream Oculus Games!

VR Is getting more mainstream and the Streams are flying off the shelves, but most of us need to read the chat and be able to interact with our viewers without the pinned window showing up in the Oculus mirror.

I use the Mirror because of its 1:1 setting which is the best format for streaming to mobile devices as most of our viewers are on a Mobile phone watching though Facebook Level up.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow oculus to run unknown sources without internet

It is incredibly annoying if you don't have internet, and you can't play your favourite games that happen to not be on oculus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. is there a way we can totally stop or block Oculus updates?

Please make Oculus updates an option. Oculus will play great no flaws or bugs. untillllllll.!!! Oculus forces there updates and then it all falls apart. like I thought updates improve software. Apparently someone fell asleep on the keyboard or just don't care about there job because they begging for 15 dollars an hour idk. but I want an option to stop updates, so my oculus can work like normal. thanks. WHAT A GREAT IDEA HUH?????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3D Guardian

Okay so i'd like the option to add more stuff to the guardian. Like overlapping areas and such. I play VR in 2 area at my computer and in an open space in my room. One for sitting and one for standing. But i'd love to mark things in 3D for eaxmple my bed i would love to mark the height of the bed in the guardian so i know that reaching over through the guardian is fine but i just can't walk there. And i have a small filling cabinet which would make the area alot bigger if i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base