Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to manually set height.

If I want to sit when I'm interacting with Home, or with any of the demo programs, my POV is far too low. I'd like to be able to tell Oculus that I'm sitting and that I want my POV to be set for someone my height. Some games allow this, but I'd like it baked-in.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable/limit CPU hungry Dash features for users with low spec machines

A number of users with under performing computers are having issues with Dash 2.0 taking away performance from VR games.

If the CPU/GPU hungry features had an option to disable or limit Dash 2.0 impact it might help.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let pass through camera on Rift S to see my physical keyboard.

I can't do any of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, and won't be able to fully have any productivity on virtual desktop. The only thing I"m missing is the keyboard. HTC vive has a program called "FragmentVR" that allows a window. Even better would be to identify the keyboard, and show a photogrammetry version of the keyboard with clearer keys, and shadow of the hand overlapping it.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wristwatch Button Customization + Keyboard key macro on the wrist

--Wristwatch Customization

The wristwatch is still an experimental thing, it is good, but to be really useful it should have a way to customize the functions, size and position of the buttons.
    Each person has a priority for each type of function they want easy access.

Here is a reddit post I made exemplifying the MIC ON/OFF as the main button because we don't have a simple way to push to talk and/or turn the mic on and off.
    **Notifications are extremly easy to access, making the function useless in the wristwatch

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9m9vsi/hey_oculus_the_wristwatch_is_handy_but_the/

---Keyboard key macro on the wrist

Another…

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Extend screentshots to support 360 capture

You have support for screen capture in the dash, but can we please extend that to produce a 360 image. Then allow us to import them as backgrounds in home. I also have a vested interest, that I would like people to be able to use them in my Jigsaw 360 game.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow us to pick the colourful avatar skins from the old Home.

The new avatar system obviously still supports the old avatar materials, we should be able to pick them.

I miss my old avatar :(

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. filter for

Option to Block Violent Content/ Ads:

This would be a swell idea for children under the age of 13, people with PTSD or people with mental disorders (suicidal).

There should be some sort of content filter. I'm actually shocked in this day and age something like this isn't legally mandated...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back center

I don't know why this was removed. Now after you create a boundary you have to set the app to center. After the boundary is made and you put the rift s on in any other orentation other that your center, you have to recenter the app again. I also have the quest and you can easily hold the Oculus button for 2 seconds to recenter. you can't do this with rift s.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. music controls for Spotify and other apps built into dash/menu screen

It would be convenient to have a little panel in the dash with music player controls for popular streaming services and local files, much like you get on the lock screen for your phone or in the Windows 10 Game Bar - much more convenient than having to pull up the desktop and find the app window just to pause or skip a track.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow native streaming to Twitch.TV via Dash

Rift can already stream to Facebook via Dash, so it should be possible to add a button to allow us to stream to Twitch.TV (of course we would need to connect our Twitch account to Oculus).

Additionally, with the recent Facebook Portal and Amazon Alexa collaboration, I don't see why Oculus can't collaborate with Amazon Twitch.TV (since Amazon owns them).

This would be a very useful feature that would instantly increase the brand awareness of the Oculus platform !

Thanks !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ahhh sweet transparency.

I'd like vd pullout panels with transparency so I can game and watch videos at the same time or keep up with my stream etc easier without the pinned window getting In the way.

I'd also like to pin windows and still be able to use them (as an option) but only by touch not laser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show wrist-watch even when Dashboard isn't up

The wrist-watch is a cool way to see the time, but it currently only shows up when the Dashboard is up, and Dashboard already shows the time. It would be a lot more useful to be able to be able to see the time even when the Dashboard isn't up.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remap panel controls for Oculus Dash

The current method of right clicking on a Virtual Desktop panel (hold B/Y) is a bit unintuitive, and I was thinking it might make more sense to have panel controls be activated through a click of the Thumbstick instead, allowing B and Y to behave as right click directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Always show nickname instead of real name

It's difficult to remain anonymous while streaming VR using Oculus software because your real name is shown in multiple places with no way to hide it. A simple toggle should replace your real name everywhere with the nickname you've set.

426 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate smartphones into dash.

I hate having to remove my HMD to check for calls or texts. A virtual big phone with a mirror screen of my phones actual screen would be awesome.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give option to save the Dash panel layout.

Every time I start Oculus, only the "Explore" panel appears, which I barely use at all. Every single time I need to set up my own layout, reopen, resize, and reposition every panel that I usually use. It can be a real drag. Just let us save our own layouts please.
    In fact, that should have been the "Pin to Experience" buttons function in the first place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give us the option of choosing versions of older oculus software .

Hello, I say thank you to read my opinion.

Be straight to the point,I never like to change my system environment, no matter what risks are exist in old software.

I reinstalled software 10 days ago,I've struggled to prevent "Fatal error".
    Definitely, the cause is new imposition of force to connect oculus server.
    I don't necessarily connect the internet any time.
    I understand the circumstances what relates your business,
    but, this restriction is so inconvenience.
    By the way,no one can guarantee to a company goes well forever.
    It is a tragic event if 400$ VR head set become a decorative…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom settings for streaming

Hello, please add an option to set custom settings such as resolution, bandwith for Facebook streaming.

With a poor DSL connection it's not possible to share without using OBS

Regards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Could we get a warped virtual keyboard that could be docked to Dash?

Strange that nobody seemed to mention this before, but for me it's pretty annoying, that since the keyboard is a straight rectangle, and Dash is a warped one, it will have overlaps if trying to bring them to usable distance. Its visually displeasing.
    Every now and then the keyboard skin is changed, which is fine I guess, but focus on the elephant in the room, that the keyboard and dash are both input devices occupying the same space, and are incompatible.

Below is a quick photoshop hack if the concept isn't clear

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories