OCULUS HOME/DASH must improve! Movement, UI, RECENTRE VIEW, WATCH etc.
OCULUS HOME/DASH - has the worst movement of all and even uses 2 Touch that are the same at it!
- No Strafe!
- 2 Touch to turn at 2x snail pace which is still SLOW!
- Whilst trying to position yourself in front of the Avatar Mirror the Left/Right Joysticks move the Menu Panel!
- We can walk through all our Objects/Furniture we add even though the room obstructs us e.g. a Fire Place!
- RESET VIEW is in 3 different places yet does not utilise 2 Thumbsticks as most Games/Apps do so leave those unbound!
- The WATCH can be added in DASH yet it disappears when switching out of DASH whilst staying in your Home but why???
- Must Invite your Friends to come to meet you rather than meeting up in a Lobby with all your ONLINE FRIENDS being there to mix/socialise. Many Games actually are so ignorant to allow adding friends but because it really is that badly done! Inviting the odd Friend into your Home will soon wear off. Such a wasted design.
- "COMFORT MODE" should be renamed to swapping to mean Smooth Loco as quite frankly being suddenly jerked into a Snap Turn OR Teleport is seriously NOT comfortable by any means. It was first used as such back in DK2 and early CV1 Runtimes that aloud older PC to run but had poor performance. They BLOCKED old tech back in Nov.2018 from working (even with a CPU Hack) and so raised the bar for most of us to run at their "recommended specs". It highly distresses me to have to keep changing settings from such comfort mechanics. It's gone all snowflakes!
- "VIRTUAL DESKTOP" in DASH (they must change that name to OCULUS DESKTOP as is copyrighted by another App!) has a brilliant looking 3D KEYBOARD with nice light shading. However, it can not be Pinned to use in any Game that would benefit it. Furthermore, if using MS STORE "FREE VIRTUAL KEYBOARD" and maximising in a Window then Pinning it, it too can not be used in a Game to type e.g. Elite:Dangerous' Gal Map due to it won't Stay On Top to keep focus on both. You can only use a real keyboard - provide a solution if there is one please?
- The UI add-ons are a total dog's dinner of little boxed menus added here and there. Disgusting!
Nobody Votes on this because I don't bash at REDIT and harass people to Vote!
This UserVoice is still hidden from the Oculus Forum Menus yet they acknowledged it would get a Pin!
- Touch Controllers are not being switched OFF when put away!
- GAMES/APPS UPDATES can fail due to some Win10 Permissions from it's Security Updates. Far safer to add Default Install to a 2nd Drive other than OS Drive! Can be done manually but is not provided as an option!
- WARN or FORCE Antivirus=OFF when installing. They tell us later when trying to install it again after problems!