Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Home environment corrupted

when I'm in the home environment it is completely corrupted all i see is a mass of triangles. I have reinstalled Oculus home 2.0 on both my laptop and main PC but the issue remains (on both machines). I can view the shop environment fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problems when first entering Dash/home

I have problems when first entering Dash/Home on my Oculus. On occasion I will end up right next to an item that I put in the home. In this example its a shelf that had a bunch of items on it. I pop in and the shelf ends up getting hit, somehow, and everything on it falls off. Then the last time I loaded up Dash and popped into my home the shelf ended up getting knocked down to the ground.
    TO prevent this, there needs to be a way to pin these items so you don't end up accidentally…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow selection in notifications that you recieve

I was playing a competitive multiplayer game when notifications kept popping up that someone was inviting me to play another game. The message took up a huge portion of my field of view, hindering my performance. I can't think of any game, even a single player one, where I want to be disturbed. I wish I would only be notified of anything when I exit an app or have Oculus Dash open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use the Minuum keyboard, LEAP motion style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmEy9jxwte4

Typing with two fingers with no physical feedback on a keyboard designed for use with ten fingers and physical feedback is a massive pain.

The Minuum predictive keyboard, used in the manner in the video above, looks like it would be a much more pleasant VR typing experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix issues between Core 2.0 and Microsoft's Magnifier tool

I have found that the Magnifier tool does not register the correct desktop resolution while the Oculus software is running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Toggleable rotation indicator overlay

The rotation indicator on the floor of Racket NX helps to keep the cable from becoming a tangled up mess. I'd like to have something similar to use in other games with a lot of 360 action.

Considering OpenVR advanced settings shows rotation statistics as well, I was wondering if it is possible to add a simple toggleable and/or transparent rotation 'counter' overlay. Maybe as part of Guardians floor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. make it work ?

make it stop black screening my 43" uhd Tv connected via dvi to hdmi from my 1080 gtx bigscreen beta works fine off my orginal oculus home all plugged in this way to my 1080 card yet desktop no matter what i do blacks out my screen only when i plug screen into my cpu hdmi (i7 4590 )does any of this new stuff work all but desktop which has yet to work properly any attempt to use it black screens my pc hoped dev diary2 would mean it now works !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. release objecst in our base were objects are selected from if we loose them

give us a way to release an achievement or object if it gets stuck behind a wall or the floor. I had assets that were on top of another it was a cartridge on a rug. I picked the rug up by mistake and I tilted the larger asset (rug) half way into the floor, once I regraded the rug later to move it, the cartridge that was on the furthest corner under the floor is now stuck under the floor and I have no way to get to it? I only had one and it will not respawn in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve low LOD (level of detail) models

With graphic settings set to low, several of the 3D models look bizarre. I must assume this is using some sort of automatic LOD reduction, but in some cases the result is off. Two examples are the modern long counter, which has some strange geometry in places as shown in the picture, and the game cartridges, which also look strange in low LOD. Instead of using a dynamic, automatic LOD process, objects should be pre-modeled with low, medium, and high levels of detail to ensure they still look as intended at any graphic setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Oculus Home 1.21 not Working with HDR

I use Windows 10 with HDR enabled. I also have Oculus services disabled unless I'm using the headset.
    If I start Oculus service with HDR enabled then my screen goes black and never comes ack, and I get only black in the headset. If I turn off HDR it starts fine, I can then enable HDR again and it will continue to work providing I don't stop and start the Oculus service.
    I opted out of the public test channel to roll back to Oculus Home 1.20.02 and this doesn't cause any problems at all, so it just seems to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Energy Saving

Given the potential that Dash has to significantly increase the amount of time that the Rift is worn, replacing desktop monitor use, please provide an option within Core 2.0 to automatically put the monitor into stand-by when the Rift is worn and wake-up when it's taken off.
    Also (for convenience rather than energy saving) provide an option to automatically switch Windows playback device to Rift Audio when the headset is worn.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep the "big screen" game selection

The "old" way of launching games with icons from like a big screen. That is impressive. The new one looks, like I'm looking at a monitor, just in VR, lame. Also When the games launch I used to see their title hanging in the air in big hangar like place, impressive! New one is totally lame, without the sense of extra space. At the very least please preserve ability to keep the old Home like it's now (I switched back, but it says it's only temporary). I don't care about decorating new home, that's good for women and queers. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If I can't get the tear out windows then don't let me tear it out.

Right now, since I have a Nvidia 1080 card with 3 monitors connected along the Rift, I get a message that the tear out functionality won't work. Fine. I tried going down to only one monitor and the functionality is there so I guess that feature will be fixed in the future. Three floating screens in dash is plenty enough anyways for me at the moment.

However, the placement of those screens I can use are very finnicky. Because if I point in the middle of a screan to move it, I get a tear out screen of just black.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. multiple application on dash

Hello, the Dash Idea and Oculus Desktop is very cool, I have tried it out for multiple window with Microsoft Word, but it crashed.
    However it works with single document on MS Word, both running with PowerPoint, Spotify, and a bit glitch with Google Chrome.

Finger crossed its fixed on next patch
    Good job Guys

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add optional teleport release button

I find it difficult to release the joystick without bumping the desired location and orientation. If we could just squeeze the trigger instead, I think it will be easier to relocate accurately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adjust tapping distance

I love being able to interact with items and my virtual screen without even pressing a button, just like Minority Report! Unfortunately it activates about an inch away from the "screen" instead of when the virtual finger intersects with the screen. I would love to see this activation distance be adjustable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I see a way to strengthen the VR exploration by adding uses.

Additional uses for this technology could be to have a headset with specific abilities available in critical locations for helping desperate people in desperate situations. These could have an added forward facing camera to give the wearer and supervisor in a different location real imagery along with 2-way communication between point and superviser. Such could be in an unmaned nature lodge with lifesaving medical procedures. They could be worn by a team of people under the guidance of a manager when doing such as trying to find a child lost in a forest. A headset could even find a place…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full screen display for video should be movable not just windows surface

Full screen displayed video should be movable not just windows surface with player video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base