Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Change Dash Theme

It would be nice to change the dash, move pieces around, have 2+ dashes, have sideways dash, and be able to choose different buttons for the dash and reorganize them. Changing the overall theme, texture, color, and opacity of everything in it would be cool too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fine Adjustment Option for Item Placement

Right now you have to rely solely on your hand coordination and angle of controller for placement of objects. While this makes things feel more organic in some ways, it doesn't allow for fine adjustment like 1 increment movements in rotation of objects for hanging pictures, artistic placement, etc. Having a manual adjustment option for setting objects for those of us who are looking to have really fine placement would be awesome and easy to implement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Anyone else lost the ability to watch 3D movies?

2/18/2018 was the last time I was able to watch any of my movies purchased in Oculus Video or even watch trailers. I noticed this on February 24th when I tried to watch a recently purchased movie.

All other functionality of Oculus Video seems to work and I am able to stream movies from at least one other site using other applications with a virtual desktop option.

It would be nice if we were able to sort available movies as well as those purchased.

It would be great if more 3D movies were made available to purchase.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ambient sound effects in the Mountain View dont play when you first appear.

You have to go inside, then come back out again to make the ambient wind, birds, etc. start playing. They should start playing if you appear outside.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The weapons in oculus home aren't calibrated properly

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/884w82/theweaponsinoculushomearentcalibrated/

It seems like the bow is tilted at an angle in game when compared to the touch controllers. The sword also doesn't line up with the controller. It makes it awkward when trying to shoot or slice targets because your weapon isn't where it should be. It really breaks the immersion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rift core 2.0 seems to break my wacom pen

Every time I turn on the beta channel and test drive the Rift Core 2.0 and new home. After I exit, my wacom pen spazzes out , affecting all other programs running. Rebooting oculus services fixes it temporarely. But only backing out of beta channel fixes it completely

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Touch or graphic displays that can be assigned to different home objects.

I really enjoy the retro gaming counsel in my home, but I would like to use different objects to either view games, collectables, or achievements that can be themed. Ex: Use a fantasy book to catalog your achievements. TVmonitors to view internet. Holographic displays for futuristic tables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Home 360 Pictures witch a Camera i can put in my Room

Home 360 Pictures witch a Camera i can put in my Room

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow us to optionally use the old Calibration and Loading Screen from before Dash.

The "Material" design of the new calibration experience feels flat, dull, and overly-technical compared to the original that was used during CV1 launch. The loading screen feels much the same. Please bring the old foggy'n'misty one back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency

Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency
    Currently if I have an item and get another one, it stays in the old location in All items, sorted by Newest. It should be based on the most recent version of that item, not the original. That way I could easily see/place all the new items I get, regardless of if I had some of them before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency

Currently if I have an item and get another one, it stays in the old location in All items, sorted by Newest. It should be based on the most recent version of that item, not the original. That way I could easily see/place all the new items I get, regardless of if I had some of them before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the bug with games vanishing from Home, and add a way to re-add games.

Please enable/add the basic functionality of being able to re-add non-Oculus purchased games/apps to Home if they are removed, especially since Home is bugged and sometimes removes games/apps without the user requesting this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Minimal/Developer Mode

The Home area is pretty cool until you are trying to do some work or frequently exiting a game/app.

When trying to work with Unreal for testing quick things every time I exit I get the home loading up sounds and animations. This gets real annoying when you are frequently testing and closing the test window.

Also in games like Assetto Corsa where you have to go back to desktop to select another car loading up home every time is a real pain. Not to mention it probably can use up memory for the track the game is using to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Jump back In

Why am i seeing normal apps with constantly Now Playing spinners

Calculator.exe should not be showing at all

at one point i saw teamviewer show up in my library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add an animated virtual assistant with voice commands for various actions.

Adding a fun animated virtual assistant that responds to voice commands would be great. A good character would be the robot from the tutorial, and can be activated by saying something like "Hey Rift..." or "Hey Oculus..." and then telling it to open up a game or invite a friend to my home or show me my email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Definitely a toggle for disabling Audio when using desktop mode whats the point of it 8) when your watching tv or playing music via it 8)

Definitely a toggle for disabling Audio when using desktop mode whats the point of it 8) when your watching tv or playing music via it please make this happen 8)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The "Sanctum of the Cats" painting is the wrong aspect ratio.

There are black borders at the top and bottom where it doesnt fit inside the frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Posted in the main forum before discovering this. Easier to cut/paste my post from there. Don't mind the flourishes, it's what I do. I want

I want a list of the unlockable items, but damned if I can find one.

As well, after what seemed to be an eternity, I was blessed with new boxes yesterday. Yay! A new item. A painting. Yet another new boringly, ridiculous painting appeared. Twice. Yes, twice. Two boxes in a frikkin row! Same item! Scandalous.

As always, when the cybergawds deem me worthy and bestow gifts upon thee, I close my eyes when I drop my magical gift box. It certainly adds a tingle to the drama and pathos. When I open my eyes, I'm either overjoyed or I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make lens spacing easy to get to again

Lens spacing is easily my most used feature of the oculus gui, In the new dash it is much more of a PIA to get to and on top of that it is not behaving properly in some apps. It is like it renders with the app and begins flashing instead of having a black background, very frustrating and is the only thing preventing me from embracing the new dash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make it work ?

used to be i ran new oculus home it all worked fine until i touched the desktop icon on dash, only then would it black screen my pc ,its instant now as soon as click new home beta it restarts oculus and black screens straight away no need to touch dash beacuse nothing works at all now tried restarts finally unplug hmd restart oculus ooo now it actually opens reset to original home plug in hmd and it works again
    recently reinstalled and download games again with all the errors in riftcore 2.0 Im running 17 4790 16 gb 1600mHz…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base